Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Davincie posted:

6, but i only have 1 physique and endurance cause im a glass cannon

click on the number when you take damage and it'll use a health potion, lethal damage drains slowly like in earthbound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Lemon posted:

McNulty 6/2/2/2 - Electrochemistry

Herc 1/1/6/2 - Physical Instrument

Lester 5/3/1/3 - Savoir Faire

Prop Joe 4/4/1/3 - Drama

Just finished rewatching The Wire last night. I think I need to do one of these.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

drat i did not know that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Davincie posted:

drat i did not know that

yeah i figured that one out entirely by accident

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
For the task "Determine where the shot came from," anyone know where exactly I should look on the boardwalk? I'm pretty sure I've been all over it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's been said before but the skills as voices in your head system is legit a genius idea for role playing and I hope many CRPGs steal it going fowards.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kim left for the day, and I don't want to do anything without Kim, is there a way to time skip until he gets back?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What does the "Signature skill" even do? Isn't it just a +1?

Edit: Also just finished my first playthrough, 15 hours, great game

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Kim to wear the SKULL jacket?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Turtlicious posted:

Kim left for the day, and I don't want to do anything without Kim, is there a way to time skip until he gets back?

Yeah, you can use the bench in the middle of the square.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Broken Cog posted:

What does the "Signature skill" even do? Isn't it just a +1?
+1 starting and max I think? It seems to be better on your lowest attributes.

Turtlicious posted:

Sleep, or maybe a bench.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Turtlicious posted:

Go to bed

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mordecai posted:

+1 starting and max I think? It seems to be better on your lowest attributes.

Sleep, or maybe a bench.

I don't think it gives a bonus to max?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

GET DRUNK

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Mordecai posted:

For the task "Determine where the shot came from," anyone know where exactly I should look on the boardwalk? I'm pretty sure I've been all over it.

do main storyline quests involving the union

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Besides the bench, it's also a good opportunity to just read stuff if you've got any books or whatever.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it definitely gives a bonus to max for that skill and every other skill in the same category

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

So is anybody else playing like super empathy cop? I just talk and talk and talk to people and either ingratiate myself with them or play them off against other people and drag all the secrets out its great.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hub Cat posted:

So is anybody else playing like super empathy cop? I just talk and talk and talk to people and either ingratiate myself with them or play them off against other people and drag all the secrets out its great.

Absolutely not. The only thing these beastly civilians respect is 1. physical power and 2. I am the law

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
So I have a Thought that says, as a reward, "Speed gives you +1 PSY." I assume that it's talking about a drug, not the "Reaction Speed" stat, yeah? If so, is it permanent?

Because although I haven't come across any, my PSY is 1 (4/1/3/4) and I will take anything I can get.

Also, game is fantastic. I am gonna paint the poo poo out of that wall once I continue building Conceptualization, my signature skill.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 17, 2019

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

f#a# posted:

So I have a Thought that says, as a reward, "Speed gives you +1 PSY." I assume that it's talking about a drug, not the "Reaction Speed" stat, yeah? If so, is it permanent?

Because although I haven't come across any, my PSY is 1 and I will take anything I can get.

Also, game is fantastic. I am gonna paint the poo poo out of that wall once I continue building Conceptualization, my signature skill.

No its not permanent. When you use it, youll get an icon on your portrait that lets you know how many hours are left when you hover over it. One nice thing though is that drugs increase the max skill points you can assign, so when you get speed (or another kind of drug) you can slam two points into volition for the morale health

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Control Volume posted:

Absolutely not. The only thing these beastly civilians respect is 1. physical power and 2. I am the law

I agree Police must show citizens to respect their authority and you seem exactly like the guy to do it. Why don't we start with you telling me.....

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's pretty straightforward. It's kind of like a phantom Attribute point; you only add 1 immediate skill point (as opposed to the Attributes being the equivalent of 6 skill points), but you raise the cap of the entire category by 1.
So if you had 6 INT and put your Signature Skill into Logic, it's ALMOST like starting with 7 INT, except you don't get the 6 effective skill points from the base Attribute stat. And then you get a free Skill point allocated to Logic.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone found the t-500 pants?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I feel like this game needs like a really Random mode. Like, a mode where you don't know your skills or chances of success, so you start as a complete mess who has to figure out what they're good at.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SardonicTyrant posted:

I feel like this game needs like a really Random mode. Like, a mode where you don't know your skills or chances of success, so you start as a complete mess who has to figure out what they're good at.

That would be pretty sick actually.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Does forgetting a though keep it advanced and let you retrain it if you get a new slot, or would I have to go through the focus time from the beginning?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone in this thread said they beat it in 15 hours, and I have no idea how they did that, because 15 hours in I'm on round 2.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Eschatos posted:

Does forgetting a though keep it advanced and let you retrain it if you get a new slot, or would I have to go through the focus time from the beginning?

It disappears completely if you forget it (as in, you can't actually "re internalize" it). You should never have to do that if you want to keep it though, since both forgetting and buying a new slot costs 1 skill point.

Edit. You should ONLY forget thoughts if you end up really not liking the effects.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 17, 2019

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I used like 10 health/morale consumables on a phone call while all my emotions kept telling me to hang up. Except electro-chemistry. Electro-chemistry respects me.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Diogines posted:

The Sherlock Holmes - Robert Downey Jr. Edition. 6/1/1/4. You have voices chattering away with useless trivia every god drat second of the day and it is never any help except when you are able to miraculously assemble ludicrously tiny details to solve every problem around you in ridiculously impossible ways. However, the voices never shut the gently caress up and combined with your complete sociopathy and disregard for social norms you push away everyone who ever cared about you while looking like a crazy hobo to society at large, all of which taken together push you to abuse a wide variety of narcotic substances and drink like an opium addicted whale. Also, despite your constant intoxication you are miraculously a crack shock, amazing pickpocket and lockpicker without peer to help you in those situations when The Voices don't just tell you the answer.

Signature Skill: Encyclopedic Knowledge.

So far this has been very fun. Don't worry about having -/1/1/-, you can heal your way through or level up skills, it has not been a problem for me at all.

I've been doing this as well, but I went Visual Calculus.
Nothing escapes my mind's eye or my extremely quick reflexes. Except other people's thoughts.

I didn't gave in to drugs, I gave in to Apocalypse. Shivers is... a really ominous skill.

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011
Where on earth do you pick up the Waste Land of Reality thought? I want to make my sad sack of poo poo cop sober up for good already.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

LGD posted:

it definitely gives a bonus to max for that skill and every other skill in the same category

Oh, maybe that's what threw me. Sweet!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone found the t-500 pants?

There are no pants. Talking to... Someone or another about the armor reveals that the pants are simply no more.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

someone in this thread said they beat it in 15 hours, and I have no idea how they did that, because 15 hours in I'm on round 2.

Dependent in large part on reading speed, I suspect.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Infinity Gaia posted:

There are no pants. Talking to... Someone or another about the armor reveals that the pants are simply no more.

Weird, I'm pretty sure I found the rest of the gear, but I didn't get the achievement.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Infinity Gaia posted:

I thought that guy was dumb or loving with me and I'm still not sure
Its the guy on the stairs railing outside the union dockyard

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 17, 2019

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

I just bought this game. It's incredible.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Throne of Bhalz posted:

I just bought this game. It's incredible.

Did you succumb to fan death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

willing to settle posted:

Where on earth do you pick up the Waste Land of Reality thought? I want to make my sad sack of poo poo cop sober up for good already.

I got it from the racist giant on the roof, after completing his racist theory thought. When he asks you about it, tell him you only realized that you have to stop drinking Al Gul