Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Youd think that would work but instead youre skating onto the ice for the Utah Grizzlies as their exciting new starter as the announcer belows your name "Big Gaaaaaaaaaymin"

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
The last time I met some JWs on the street they were sincerely baffled by me smiling and nodding at their hellos, then point-blank stating that I was an atheist and that I wasn't interested, have a nice day.

You're teenagers in cheap black suits, on bikes in the middle of the summer in the South. Who else would you be? My momma raised a lazy, godless bitch, not a fool.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Get a parrot, train it to attack JWs and Mormons.

Example:

https://i.imgur.com/199Inwn.mp4

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My (31F) husband's (32M) obsession with building rafts is becoming a detriment to our family life

quote:

To begin, my husband and I have been together for 15 years, and we have a six year old son. Being as we got together so young, our relationship has been a little rocky at times; but I wouldn't change a second of it. My husband is an incredibly caring and kind person. He loves our son and I deeply, and he would do anything for us. I happily left my academic position when our son was born, while my husband maintains a stable job in IT.

The reason I'm writing this post is that around a month ago he began behaving a little strangely and I'm starting to worry about him. When he isn't working or sleeping, he's started spending all of his time constructing rafts of various shapes and sizes. Perhaps I should clarify that by rafts I do mean what you would expect: flat wooden structures intended to float on water, like you might see on a TV show. This might seem like a harmless, and honestly quite sweet, passtime (it certainly was at first) but it has become an obsession for my husband, and it's not only affecting our relationship, but his relationship with our son.

We always used to cherish our time together when he wasn't at work. We're lucky enough to have the money to be able to go on frequent days out, taking our son to nature parks and museums and so on. Lately, however, my husband only seems to want to take us out to the local lake, where he will get our son to test out his various rafts. Where we would usually relax together on Sunday mornings, he now spends them in the nearby woods gathering logs from which to construct his rafts. By some miracle, after 15 years we had still managed to maintain a healthy and regular sex life, but now I can tell that even at night his mind is out floating on the lake, and he'll often spend all night researching raft-building techniques, or rigorously documenting his builds on his blog.

To clarify, I have no real objection to my husband building rafts. It's honestly nice to see him passionate about something; especially something that involves using his hands and spending time outdoors. I think he seems unfulfilled by his office job, and this certainly makes a nice break from that. My worry is how much time this is taking up in his life. Our son is beginning to miss his father, and so am I. I am also worried because I don't think this new hobby is coming from a healthy place. My husband has always had a crippling fear of water, stemming, I think, from a fishing boat accident he was involved in as a child that seriously injured his own father. Just over a month ago our son, much to my husband's dismay, started taking swimming lessons. Am I being too far-fetched in thinking this might have some relation to my husband's obsession with building rafts?

How can I help my husband balance his new hobby with spending time with out family? If I'm right about the connection with his fear of water, should I encourage him to see a therapist, rather than spending copious hours building rafts?

TL;DR - My husband is spending all of his time constructing rafts, and not enough time with our son and I. How can I speak to him about this?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

My (31F) husband's (32M) obsession with building rafts is becoming a detriment to our family life

Building rifts

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

empty sea posted:

The last time I met some JWs on the street they were sincerely baffled by me smiling and nodding at their hellos, then point-blank stating that I was an atheist and that I wasn't interested, have a nice day.

You're teenagers in cheap black suits, on bikes in the middle of the summer in the South. Who else would you be? My momma raised a lazy, godless bitch, not a fool.

I had a black dude blindside me by chatting with me on the street then suddenly going into a mormon spiel. I wanted to be like "you know Mormons dont let black people into the good heaven right" but I was more interested in not having a religious debate at 10pm at night

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pinecone Sample posted:

quote:

To begin, my husband and I have been together for 15 years, and we have a six year old son. Being as we got together so young, our relationship has been a little rocky at times; but I wouldn't change a second of it. My husband is an incredibly caring and kind person. He loves our son and I deeply, and he would do anything for us. I happily left my academic position when our son was born, while my husband maintains a stable job in IT.

The reason I'm writing this post is that around a month ago he began behaving a little strangely and I'm starting to worry about him. When he isn't working or sleeping, he's started spending all of his time constructing rafts of various shapes and sizes. Perhaps I should clarify that by rafts I do mean what you would expect: flat wooden structures intended to float on water, like you might see on a TV show. This might seem like a harmless, and honestly quite sweet, passtime (it certainly was at first) but it has become an obsession for my husband, and it's not only affecting our relationship, but his relationship with our son.

We always used to cherish our time together when he wasn't at work. We're lucky enough to have the money to be able to go on frequent days out, taking our son to nature parks and museums and so on. Lately, however, my husband only seems to want to take us out to the local lake, where he will get our son to test out his various rafts. Where we would usually relax together on Sunday mornings, he now spends them in the nearby woods gathering logs from which to construct his rafts. By some miracle, after 15 years we had still managed to maintain a healthy and regular sex life, but now I can tell that even at night his mind is out floating on the lake, and he'll often spend all night researching raft-building techniques, or rigorously documenting his builds on his blog.

To clarify, I have no real objection to my husband building rafts. It's honestly nice to see him passionate about something; especially something that involves using his hands and spending time outdoors. I think he seems unfulfilled by his office job, and this certainly makes a nice break from that. My worry is how much time this is taking up in his life. Our son is beginning to miss his father, and so am I. I am also worried because I don't think this new hobby is coming from a healthy place. My husband has always had a crippling fear of water, stemming, I think, from a fishing boat accident he was involved in as a child that seriously injured his own father. Just over a month ago our son, much to my husband's dismay, started taking swimming lessons. Am I being too far-fetched in thinking this might have some relation to my husband's obsession with building rafts?

How can I help my husband balance his new hobby with spending time with out family? If I'm right about the connection with his fear of water, should I encourage him to see a therapist, rather than spending copious hours building rafts?

TL;DR - My husband is spending all of his time constructing rafts, and not enough time with our son and I. How can I speak to him about this?

Someone should set RaftMan up with DirtballMan and they can make rafts of dirtballs and be happy out on the water

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Someone should set RaftMan up with DirtballMan and they can make rafts of dirtballs and be happy out on the water

I was thinking the wife could move to Alaska with the woman whose husband wants to live on a barge

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

Noah had a calling.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

empty sea posted:

Mormons are the ones with bicycles.

Bruceski posted:

JW vs Mormons: who's better to have in your neighborhood?

Depends on the people, but JWs do have a “do not call on” list if you ask them not to come back, and they don’t do the whole polygamy thing. They’re also supposed to be politically neutral.

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 17, 2019

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Power Khan posted:

Behold!

My [19F] sister [31F] cheated on her husband [38M], while having three kids, betrayed and lied to us all and now wants to cut the contact. Help.
I am furious, really. I never felt that kind of range against my sister.

My sister is 31 and got her first kid at 21 with her first boyfriend. They broke up. She dated many men and then finally married 3-4 years ago. He was handsome, gentle and you could see that he really loved her.

My sister was always...difficult. She always lied and was verbally abusive towards my mom or other family members. I remember some scenarios where she turned into a furious, screaming monster and then acted like the victim.

After her third child was born she developed an anxiety disorder. She ran to many doctors and asked for medicine etc. It was a horrible time for us all but she got through it.

Now she wanted to study again and she got a spot. It started 1 month ago and she started to act strange. Her husband (who we really love) told us that she was distant. She always talked about a man she met and how nice he was, but she always said that she didnt like him that way and that he’s ugly. Her husband got jealous and once sneaked through her phone. He found a deleted convo and a tinder(!!) account. She brushed it off and said she wanted to know if men would still approach her. She also said that hes sick and jealous. She told him that he needs therapy for being so noisy and worried. Weird move. She always told my mom how aggressive and jealous her husband is and that hes the “bad one” in their relationship.

She started to go out more and more and was like 4 times away in one week, always til 4 am. She said she met some friends. Yesterday she wanted to go away too and her husband said it wasnt her right to go away again, their kids were asking weird questions already but she didnt care. He looked through her old phone again and found weird poo poo on her iCloud. She booked only 2 tickets and a double bedroom for tonight (with his credit card!). He found cute pictures of her and the man (swimming teacher) and then confronted her. He also found out that she lied about going to a birthday and met the swimming teacher. She said shes sorry. While this happend we talked to him and we felt very bad. We are a pretty close family so my mom texted her to come home already. She said she would and we all waited for her.

So long story short: it was an horrible discussion. She admit that she lied but she said that they never had sex or anything. Her husband didnt believe her of course and she was very cold. They talked for 2 1/2 hours and she talked him down and said how horrible he is and that she wants to leave. She never said sorry. She lied to us too and it seemed like she doesnt care about their children. Their children were our no 1 priority tbh. The next day she didnt even attend the football match of her first-born which she promised him to do. She went to her lover”. She also told us that she doesnt love the swimming teacher but then she said we wants a kid with him. Shes so sick. But she refuses to move out (shes depends on her still husband financially) and she wants him to pay all the bills. But he cant. He cried in front of us and opened up. He still loves her and he is so hurt. He doesnt want her to see her everyday. Now she wants to cut all the contact to us (we are 4 sisters). She said that we are her family and not his and that we are chosing a side. We tried to save their marriage and wanted the best for the kids but shes not thinking straight. I dont know what to do anymore. I feel so sorry for the kids and her still husband. She is so cruel. I love my sister but she doesnt think straight. She doesnt care about her family.

ps: the swimming teacher now told her that he doesnt want their 5 year old boy to attend the swimming course anymore. he said hes scared of her still husband. my sister said it is fine.

The Toki Wartooth or Skwisgaar Skwigelf voices can't make this better... Without edits.

Also this family is a dumpster fire. Sure, it sounds like the sister is a piece of poo poo and the rest of the family is decent, if a bit mentally disabled, but I'm betting they're all lovely.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My religion centers around the belief that we are all simulated beings in a massive simulation, and our goal is to find a way to upload ourselves somewhere outside the simulation in order to murder whatever sick gently caress created this timeline.

I'm not optimistic that a murder bot will be connected to the same network as our simulation but you never know until you try. Get me into a roomba and I'll find a way

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is why we need the panopticon, so we can have the equivalent of a vehicle history report for people.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

DreamingofRoses posted:

Mormons are the ones with bicycles.

Depends on the people, but JWs do have a “do not call on” list if you ask them not to come back, and they don’t do the whole polygamy thing. They’re also supposed to be politically neutral.
Isn't it just fundamentalist mormons that do the polygamy thing these days? Which, well, fundamentalist anything gets real bad real fast, and my impression is that mainstream mormonism is p conservative to start with.

EDIT: Not to be on the mormon defense squad, just pointing out if polygamy is involved you're dealing with either the FLDS or people bugfuck enough even the FLDS thinks they go too far, and neither is a good option.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Kuros posted:

Let's move past and heal from extremely online being extremely online and read about this lady destroying the poo poo out of her lovely father

AITA for publicly disowning my father and dead half sister?

This lady loving owns. You were an rear end in a top hat and it was good. Savor it. Wrap yourself in it. Use it to propel you to even greater heights. Don't back down from anyone saying you were insensitive. You were sensitive. You specifically stated it because you knew it would work. You fully understood the action and the words you wrote. Own it.

Reading the comments you have lots of people saying you shouldn't be so confident in your reaction. That they feel less sympathy for you due to your confidence. They are simply unused to people that make decisions and mean them. They are weak, self-conscious, and will never achieve anything in life. Do not let their doubts infect you. Their minds and psyches are fragile and react instinctively to strength. They fear it and wish to infect it with the same rot that tears at their own souls. Don't let them.

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 17, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mormon Defense Squad is the nickname for the incredible defensive talent on the Utah Grizzlies, most notably their star goalie, B. Gaymin

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

PetraCore posted:

Isn't it just fundamentalist mormons that do the polygamy thing these days? Which, well, fundamentalist anything gets real bad real fast, and my impression is that mainstream mormonism is p conservative to start with.

EDIT: Not to be on the mormon defense squad, just pointing out if polygamy is involved you're dealing with either the FLDS or people bugfuck enough even the FLDS thinks they go too far, and neither is a good option.

I think you’re right, I’ve had a lot of Mormon stuff in my brain because of Last Podcast on the Left.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for refusing to forgive former classmates for being homophobic?

While I can accept that people can be shitheads in the past and genuinely change themselves for the better, OP doesn't owe them any kind of forgiveness for the past. They could probably use some therapy, though.

But in the comments, whole lotta straight people telling OP they're the rear end in a top hat for being rude and that being rude to homophobes will make them more homophobic

No, you are right to tell them to gently caress off. All those people in the comments telling you that you need to get over your anger are idiots. Anger sustains you. You can live for a thousand years on anger alone, no food or water necessary. Anger with clarity and purpose will keep you afloat in the worst of times. We can see this in cases like the documentary Doom, in which a single man stays alive and draws strength from his anger. Burn that flame and may you endure a thousand times a thousand meek clowns attempting to drag you down into their wells of sadness.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DemoneeHo posted:

My (22F) twin (22F) has slept or tried to sleep with every one of my boyfriends. Don't want her to meet current boyfriend (23M) of 8 months.

Update to My (22F) twin (22F) has slept or tried to sleep with every one of my boyfriends. Don't want her to meet current boyfriend (23M) of 8 months.

Ugh, I HATE that society had made so many people think that telling the truth about someone doing hosed up things to you is 'petty' or 'trying to get revenge'. No, it's protecting yourself from further harm, and there is absolutely no shame in doing that.

extremely online posted:

you've posted that at least three times and nobody's laughed once.

I laughed

Miserable Maid fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 17, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I (21M) said a joke she (20F) took it seriously and now won’t talk to me

quote:

I was with my girlfriend in my car and she has a weird fear about the way she tastes / smells, she’s always paranoid and cleans before I go down which is fine I don’t mind but I don’t think it’s that serious and she’s never tasted bad. Today she didn’t have time to clean herself but I didn’t eat her or anything we only hosed so I didn’t care but she still complained and said she felt gross. Honestly it smelled fine , I’m attracted to her smell, she doesn’t have to be insecure about it. Anyway

Then later as a joke I said “why do my seats smell like straight up fish, do you smell that too” it was a JOKE 100% I was just teasing her and she started crying and wouldn’t talk to me the rest of the ride. I told her I was kidding and apologized and she still wouldn’t talk to me. We were supposed to get food and she made me drop her off home

She texted me a long message how i know how she feels about it and i could have said it nicely and she would clean the seats and I didn’t have to humiliate her. I told her it was a JOKE and it didn’t even smell but she still doesn’t believe me

It was a dumb joke I thought she would laugh or something I didn’t think it’d turn into this big thing. Now what do I do.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Bruceski posted:

im having trouble googling who exactly it was but i believe it was the jw who volunteered for vaccine testing during ww2 to prove they were for the war effort but being pacifists they couldnt join the actual war. which ever group did it was super proud of having done it and a bunch of em died to human test vaccines.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

snergle posted:

im having trouble googling who exactly it was but i believe it was the jw who volunteered for vaccine testing during ww2 to prove they were for the war effort but being pacifists they couldnt join the actual war. which ever group did it was super proud of having done it and a bunch of em died to human test vaccines.
I don't think Mormons are necessarily pacifist so probably the JW? What was killing them, though, by ww2 we knew how to make vaccines not straight-up kill you?

I mean I'm all for vaccine development and that's a legitimate thing to be proud of I'm just not sure how it'd be fatal. I guess exposure to disease and vaccines not working quite well enough?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It was primarily Quakers who volunteered for a ton of pacifist stuff during the wars, including becoming guinea pigs.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122017757
http://www.quakersintheworld.org/quakers-in-action/322/AFSC-in-WWII
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_Public_Service

Some did die or permanently get hosed up, but not from vaccines afaik

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pinecone Sample posted:

I (21M) said a joke she (20F) took it seriously and now won’t talk to me

I made a joke about something that I know my girlfriend is extremely insecure about, why is she mad at me???

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

It was primarily Quakers who volunteered for a ton of pacifist stuff during the wars, including becoming guinea pigs.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122017757
http://www.quakersintheworld.org/quakers-in-action/322/AFSC-in-WWII
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_Public_Service

Some did die or permanently get hosed up, but not from vaccines afaik

It sounds like a couple different stories may have gotten mixed up.

Prior to WWII, Jehova's Witnesses were 100% antivaxxers because vaccines may contain blood products and they considered them transfusions. They were persuaded to change the policy because a bunch of them got sent to prison for dodging the draft and were subject to mandatory vaccination as prisoners, but these were just standard vaccines in common use and no new experimental ones were being tested on them.

The Seventh Day Adventists were involved in a vaccine R&D effort as conscientious objectors that they are pretty proud of, but it was after WWII and none of them died.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

My (22F) twin (22F) has slept or tried to sleep with every one of my boyfriends. Don't want her to meet current boyfriend (23M) of 8 months.

Update to My (22F) twin (22F) has slept or tried to sleep with every one of my boyfriends. Don't want her to meet current boyfriend (23M) of 8 months.

I have to admit I got distracted halfway through this by her saying "sex" with women and questioning how lesbians could possibly have sex lmao

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Bored posted:

The Toki Wartooth or Skwisgaar Skwigelf voices can't make this better... Without edits.

Also this family is a dumpster fire. Sure, it sounds like the sister is a piece of poo poo and the rest of the family is decent, if a bit mentally disabled, but I'm betting they're all lovely.

I feel misled because the title made it sound like the sister managed to cheat on her husband while delivering triplets

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
If you’re thinking of WW2, German JWs were sent to concentration camps because of the whole “politically neutral” and “pacifist” thing.

Edit have some cute content

Does he like me or is he just being friendly?

quote:

Hi guys(: So I’m a 23F, he’s a 21M. We both work together which I know is always frowned upon but 🤷‍♀️ I initially didn’t like him at all, he used to annoy me really bad lol but then he started to grow on me and I really, really like him now. We’ve hung out a couple times (I want to add that he’s friends with some of the guys there, and also one of the girls but hasn’t asked them to hangout with him. He’s only asked me) and play video games together occasionally.
Soooo here’s the thing, my coworkers tell me they think he likes me. Three of them have told me that he acts really different around me and that he’s comfortable around me more than others. I’m really comfortable with him too, and we’re literally able to talk about anything. We’re also both really touchy feely with each other and I’ve noticed that he’s always standing super close to me as well.
One of my coworkers told me that one day he was really grumpy but when I came in, his whole mood lit up. Another One of my coworkers told me that he talks to her about me and that he was blushing when he did. He’s told her about when I asked him to go somewhere with me but he couldn’t and he ended up telling her that I asked him but he couldn’t go and that he wished he would’ve been able to go with me. Another thing is that on one of my off days, he told her he wished that I was at work that day because it’s always fun when I’m there.
One of my other coworkers told me he talks to him about me too but he didn’t really go into detail about what he’s told him about me. I truly feel that he does like me but sometimes I doubt it because I’m scared of rejection and I also think that it could just be him being friendly?
He’s a nerdy type of guy (which is one of the main reasons I like him), and I don’t wanna sound mean but just by the way he is I don’t think he’s ever had a gf or has really ever dated anyone, so it’s kinda hard for me to decipher his actions. I really wanna tell him and just get it out and over with but the fear of rejection is holding me back.
TL;DR I’m interested in one of my coworkers, and although he gives me signs he’s also interested in not sure. I want to figure out if he’s just being friendly or should I go for it and tell him I like him.

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 17, 2019

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DreamingofRoses posted:

Does he like me or is he just being friendly?

Could have made them both 4-5 years younger and it would make sense.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Danaru posted:

, as a big gay man I'm available most days to answer the door for evangelists, clothing optional

You trying to get them to keep coming back?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bruceski posted:

Either is fine if you can keep them isolated. If they get any kind of power, though, they'll try to put you under Christian fundie law.

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008
My friend invited a couple Mormons inside after saying he wasn't interested. They hung out for an hour bullshitting about football while they drank water and he smoked a blunt.

JWs leave annoying junk magazines on your doorstep that you have to throw away.

So, I'd say Mormons.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

All the Mormons I’ve run into in life have been incredibly nice.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
At the risk of sounding incomprehensible to thread newcomers: these people mutually Peted their parents about their wedding

https://twitter.com/justnomil1/status/1184674030428798976?s=21

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is it legal to marry alternate universe versions of yourself?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Q: When you invite a mormon on a fishing trip, how do you stop him from drinking all your beer?

A: Invite another one

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

It should be pretty obvious, only one of them owns an entire state and more importantly a whole Broadway musical type of thing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Husband (UK citizen) dumped me 9 days after our conditional green card interview... how do I prevent him from getting his unconditional green card?

It's been a rollercoaster of a year. My partner of 6 years and I got married in California in late December 2018, filed for a green card a few months later, and finally had the interview with USCIS on August 29th 2019 where the conditional green card status was granted. About a week after that, my partner sat me down and told me that he had lost his feelings for me 4 months ago, and had fallen in love with someone he started dating in June of 2019.

I am shocked, hurt, angry, and trying to get through it (yes, I am seeing a therapist). My question is, how to I ensure that he is not able to get a free ride to unconditional green card status when the I-751 is due? I found out that it's possible for him to submit the I-751 waiver successfully without my signature if a divorce has happened. However, the timing is extremely suspicious and it's clear he didn't actually respect and value the marriage if he was starting a relationship with someone else within 6 months. How can I thwart his I-751 attempts?

I am a low-income PhD student, so unfortunately access to an immigration attorney isn't super viable right now - thank you so much in advance for any info or advice you might have, I am incredibly appreciative!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA? I called my kids school and screamed at the Principal for sending her home without her jacket...

Long time lurker, first time poster. A little about me— I work in customer service and so I know how awful it is to randomly have people calling up and yelling at you. I’ve never done it myself because of this, but today’s event broke me. I called up and screamed at my kids school principal for sending her home without her jacket and now I feel bad and I’m wondering if I’m actually the rear end in a top hat here.

Story time—

It’s currently just below 50 and raining sideways, has been all day. I sent my kid off to school with her rain jacket and umbrella but when she returned 8 hours later, she came off the bus soaking wet, freezing, and crying. She alleges that when she asked a bus attendant (who are all teachers) if she could go back for her jacket, the teacher said no, and made her go out into the rain and stand with the other kids to wait for the bus. I’m inclined to believe her as she was dripping coming off the bus.

I became pretty blinded by fury and called up and yelled at the principal for a solid twenty minutes about it, everything from “If my kid comes home without her belongings again, I’m gonna call the superintendent” to “You didn’t just drop the ball, you yeeted it out of the loving stadium.” She was apologetic and said she’d follow up with me tomorrow morning after she speaks to the bus attending teachers (we’ll see). I felt bad immediately after hanging up the phone.

So, was I the rear end in a top hat for calling up and screaming at her?

Answers to common questions:

-Kid is seven, first grade US school system.

-The principal took my call, I had called up intending to talk to her teacher but was told by the front desk admin that she’d left for the day, so she put me through to the principal.

-Screaming was totally not my go-to. It got to that level after (I felt) the principal was being dismissive and giving me one-worded answers rather than having a conversation.

-I have tried emailing before (like for getting a class list for birthday party or to ask for a new lunch menu) but it always goes through an automation and I never really receive answers, which is why I now just call.

-I do say yeet. I know I’m not cool and I know people hate it, but I dearly loved Vine and my favorite was of the girl shouting “YEET” and launching an empty soda can down a hallway. It gives me a chuckle when I say it because I think of that Vine (RIP).