Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

NO U ARE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

He's... he's just repeating what she said about him. That's all he has. Literally just copying her. In that childhood "stop copying me!" way. loving hell.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Actually, I'm laughing.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

He’s seemed to have had these all along, at least from pictures I’ve seen even going back to the transition.

I assumed it was a power move, in that everyone at the table but him has a name tag at their seat. He needs no introduction, while you are such a nobody that you’d go unnoticed lest you have a name tag.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

I don't know what contexts the other meetings are but it's also a pretty confrontational arrangement. Clinton's literally seated between Newt Gingrich and Bob Dole with George Stephanopoulos backing him up with the most early 90s haircut ever. Gephardt seems to be sitting on the same side of the table as Dubya. Barack's between all of the senior congressional leadership of both parties with the cameras on the other side but that's probably for show as much as anything else.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

It took him hours to come up with this.

NANCY UR A JERKSTORE!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Donald J. Trump is an actual, factual philosophical zombie.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is this the most pathetic that Trumps ever been? I think it might be.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

OK I assumed it was like a trial where the judge decides things like start times, recesses, evidence, etc.

But reading over wikipedia it looks like the senate does all that and they actually farm out evidence to senate committees and whatnot to handle so yeah I guess McConnell could just not do any of those things.

Although I'm not sure how that helps him. Presumably, the goal would be to keep all the evidence out of the media, but the House already told us all the evidence. Keep vulnerable senators from having to take a public vote? But the question is going to come up during their reelection campaign, although I suppose our media is terrible so they could just go "gee I dunno I need to consider the evidence, which I haven't seen yet for some reason we're a bit busy now"

If they keep Senators from having a public vote, the Senate will vote to convict. So, I don't think Mitch is going to allow that to happen, unless proof comes out that this Syria disaster was part of another quid pro quo agreement.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1184597948967116800

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has a president ever been MORE pathetic?

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I'm dying, absolutely dying over this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean that week where he insisted the Hurricane was supposed to hit Alabama was pretty bad. Also that time he got into a fight with Morning Joe and started talking poo poo about Mika's plastic surgery

FizFashizzle posted:

As far as we know, he hasn't gotten stuck in a bath tub yet

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/Drew_Hammill/st...ter-cover-photo

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Charlz Guybon posted:

If they keep Senators from having a public vote, the Senate will vote to convict. So, I don't think Mitch is going to allow that to happen, unless proof comes out that this Syria disaster was part of another quid pro quo agreement.

It's probably something way loving stupider.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

The President is a literal child and also he lost 50 nukes. What a day.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

they would have to vote to change the rules of the senate.

Which they could do, but that would be pretty obvious.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

God drat, straight-up DARVO.

Wikipedia posted:

DARVO is an acronym used to describe a common strategy of abusers. The abuser will: Deny the abuse ever took place, then Attack the victim for attempting to hold the abuser accountable; then they will lie and claim that they, the abuser, are the real victim in the situation, thus Reversing the Victim and Offender. This usually involves gaslighting and victim blaming.[13] Some therapists see DARVO as a specific form of gaslighting.

Psychologist Jennifer Freyd posted:

..I have observed that actual abusers threaten, bully and make a nightmare for anyone who holds them accountable or asks them to change their abusive behavior. This attack, intended to chill and terrify, typically includes threats of law suits, overt and covert attacks on the whistle-blower's credibility, and so on. The attack will often take the form of focusing on ridiculing the person who attempts to hold the offender accountable. [...] [T]he offender rapidly creates the impression that the abuser is the wronged one, while the victim or concerned observer is the offender. Figure and ground are completely reversed. [...] The offender is on the offense and the person attempting to hold the offender accountable is put on the defense.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Jesus christ.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

Nearly choking to death on a pretzel is significantly more dignified.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Prester Jane posted:

God drat, straight-up DARVO.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fighting off a giant rabbit with an oar is significantly more dignified.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Nietzsche posted:

Wonder how many other letters like that have gone out to world leaders over the past three years.

As I recall, the fundamental premise of the 'butter emails' controversy is that an official working a public office (like secstate, or potus) has /zero/ right to privacy, and that their 'official' correspondences /must/ be available to the public.

Now there's all these secret phone calls between world leader, just /one/ of which set off such an insane series of events...

But nobody's re-iterating that a president has no right to privacy!

I mean, Greenwald would be all over this poo poo if he wasn't compromised.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Falling down the steps of Air Force One is significantly more dignified.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

haveblue posted:

Ok, I dont know much about those 19th century presidents, but I assume I would have heard about this before?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Ok so does that mean he is using Trump's phone for that picture? Or am I missing some nuance of Twitter?

I just imagine that dude checking his photo and seeing all the dump poo poo on pissbaby's phone

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184623216742014977

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

The Glumslinger posted:

Ok, I dont know much about those 19th century presidents, but I assume I would have heard about this before?
Assuming I’m not missing a joke,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_rabbit_incident

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thank you Brian

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

The Glumslinger posted:

It happened to Jimmy Carter, he was out paddling around in a canoe when a rabbit tried to climb into the canoe. He mistakenly thought the rabbit was trying to attack him and panicked. There was some sort of kerfuffle that he got dragged over about the incident, either that that the incident had never happened or that people thought he made the into that up I can't remember which off the top of my head.

A rabbit will only jump into water as an absolute last ditch effort to escape a predator, and the rabbit had probably jumped in the lake to get away from a coyote or something and was desperate to climb onto the boat so that it didn't drown.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Charlz Guybon posted:

What....like the Trump building he has in Turkey that Ivanka thanked them for in a tweet she later deleted?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

syntaxrigger posted:

Ok so does that mean he is using Trump's phone for that picture? Or am I missing some nuance of Twitter?

I just imagine that dude checking his photo and seeing all the dump poo poo on pissbaby's phone

you can just upload any photo, its just a normal thing. they could have uploaded the photo through the website or sent it to his social media aide's phone who could have uploaded it or anything really! it's not just tied to the phone's camera.
it's more that nobody thought "this is a great photo of pelosi" but I guess in a world with The Letter you've got bigger issues

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is there a list of kiss rear end quotes he can cite at any time?

Is it called :foxnews:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Truly this is the best Infrastructure Week yet

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > USPOL Fall: President Mozzarella

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
As much as I love the drama, can we all agree that the past week has seen acceleration at an unprecedented rate and shits starting to get pretty scary for global geopolitical stability?

Really feeling like we're headed for our Franz Ferdinand moment here.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Martytoof posted:

Truly this is the best Infrastructure Week yet

Maybe if Pelosi says she wants the rest of the House to focus on an infrastructure bill she can trigger the same magical effect. :allears:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Rime posted:

As much as I love the drama, can we all agree that the past week has seen acceleration at an unprecedented rate and shits starting to get pretty scary for global geopolitical stability?

Really feeling like we're headed for our Franz Ferdinand moment here.

Do you predict a riot?

On a serious note, I agree with you and he's destabilizing world politics rapidly.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

syntaxrigger posted:

Ok lets break this down. Can the president write?

One of the theories is that Trump is functionally illiterate. About 16% of the American populace is functionally illiterate, meaning that they can't read or write above about a third or fourth grade level. This is opposed to actually illiterate, which is much smaller.

Trump hates briefings and doesn't want to read. If he's confronted with anything more than two to three paragraphs, he gets angry. And while he can read, because he understands a teleprompter, he stares hard into it, reading in a monotone, having no flair or showmanship. It takes a lot of concentration for him to read a speech in front of a live audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zophar posted:

The President is a literal child and also he lost 50 nukes. What a day.

they're not lost, we know exactly where they are

also you fuckers need to retract your badmouthing of President Taft this instant