Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bogus Adventure posted:

I loving lost it at "basically a hedgehog"

loving lmao
Nocturnal, solitary, prickly, bad eyesight, curls into a ball when threatened? I can relate to that.

THAT'S WHAT COLESLAW WAS ORIGINALLY

YOU DUMB FUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

Nocturnal, solitary, prickly, bad eyesight, curls into a ball when threatened? I can relate to that.

Extremely same

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

T-man posted:

i just felt a golfball sized chunk of my brain go dead reading that thanks

At least brain chunks are softer than kidney stones so it doesn't hurt as much when you pee them out.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

As much as I'd love to mock the notion of a "coleslaw world", I spotted this oddly specific magazine (two copies!) in an office yesterday:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Unwisely clicked down a chud comment trail

Wtf.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/trpresidency/status/1184446133239799808

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bombadilillo posted:

Unwisely clicked down a chud comment trail

Wtf.

where's the lie

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

T-man posted:

where's the lie

I assume the wtf was the fact they have daffy recreate a scene from American history X

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Hm.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

As much as I'd love to mock the notion of a "coleslaw world", I spotted this oddly specific magazine (two copies!) in an office yesterday:

I checked, their website seems to be down. But Wayback Machine comes to the rescue!

https://web.archive.org/web/20190401070115/http://www.h2so4today.com/

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Why are Americans so resistant to the idea of climate change

Because America is a far-right theocracy, they just used to be better at hiding it

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"Well you see The Ottoman Empire was an entirely different country so it doesn't count. :downs: "

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1184605398344634368

Yes you are definitely not the one melting down

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My "I will never commit any civilian massacres" t-shirt is raising a lot of questions already answered by the shirt.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Veib posted:

Because America is a far-right theocracy, they just used to be better at hiding it

It's exactly this.

And to whoever commented about honey in cole slaw, that poo poo is good. Honey in almost anything is good.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Except babies.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I feel like everyone has forgotten about margs and the promise they made to always be margin’.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Volcott posted:

Except babies.

Why is honey bad for babies? I've seen it on honey jars and I'd never give a baby honey (because they don't deserve it), but what happens if you give a baby honey?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skwirl posted:

Why is honey bad for babies? I've seen it on honey jars and I'd never give a baby honey (because they don't deserve it), but what happens if you give a baby honey?

Botulism spores, babies are WEAK

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

Wouldn't that mean giving honey to your baby is good so you can only let the strong survive?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Big Oil is a powerful lobby. I mean, money outranks Jesus by a huge margin in loving up US politics.

Climate change denialist media has been documented as being funded by oil and gas companies. They do pander to the crazy anti-science Jesus heads, but the root is profit.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

Basically, honey isn't processed in a way that would kill botulism spores, which are found all over the place outdoors. To kill the spores honey would have to be heated to a high temperature before being placed in sealed containers, but doing that ruins the honey or something. Botulism spores are able to survive (but not reproduce) without oxygen in a sealed environment, so they stay alive in the bottling/canning processes for honey. There is a small chance there are botulism spores in commercial honey.

These are not a health risk for most people because our immune system is perfectly good at killing these spores, but this is not true about babies. So in the rare case that a jar of honey you buy does have botulism spores in it, and a baby consumes the honey, they can develop intestinal botulism. This is rare but is the most common way intestinal botulism happens in general.

E: I looked it up and specifically, stomach acids kill botulism spores in adult stomachs. Baby stomach acid is too weak and doesn't kill the spores, meaning it creates an environment where it can start reproducing.

Ultima66 has a new favorite as of 01:31 on Oct 17, 2019

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

feed all babies honey and in a few generations we'll have iron-gut ultrababies with stomach acid that can melt through a battleship hull.

e: might have to start wearing goggles when you burp them

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ultima66 posted:

E: I looked it up and specifically, stomach acids kill botulism spores in adult stomachs. Baby stomach acid is too weak and doesn't kill the spores, meaning it creates an environment where it can start reproducing.

Git gud you little turds

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inceltown posted:

Wouldn't that mean giving honey to your baby is good so you can only let the strong survive?

Nah, more one of the only two instances where "gently caress off we're full" is an acceptable mindset, the other being working at a motel that rents by the hour.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/ranger_aqua/status/1183401267441197056

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Please tell me someone replied with that gif.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Communists should stop using anime iconography but for aesthetic reasons

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"bring back gatekeeping" says person who would very obviously be put on the outside of several, immediately

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

feed all babies honey and in a few generations we'll have iron-gut ultrababies with stomach acid that can melt through a battleship hull.

e: might have to start wearing goggles when you burp them

Been reading this thread for
A long time after a long break but I'm kinda in the give babies stuff tbh camp, am I bad? FYI, no babies currently affected by this post

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tony Snark posted:

Nah, more one of the only two instances where "gently caress off we're full" is an acceptable mindset, the other being working at a motel that rents by the hour.

Please do not use the Australian National Slogan "gently caress off we're full" for any reason other than its intended purpose. Racism.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

So hey guys

sugar mouse has a new favorite as of 02:27 on Oct 17, 2019

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Sorry won't let me drunk post

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

sugar mouse posted:

I saw what you posted here

baby_crimes.txt is what you posted.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Yeah I'm like a loving boomer here l

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

zoux posted:

Communists should stop using anime iconography but for aesthetic reasons

:wrong:
https://soundcloud.com/ballin-out-super/x-022-unlocked-pda-super-crossover-the-leader-ep-1

communism is anime, and soon anime will be communist

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

"bring back gatekeeping" says person who would very obviously be put on the outside of several, immediately

Being back on twitter for less than a month, I've discovered just enormous amounts of people with anime avatars and timelines full of hentai endlessly complaining about "normies" and how terrible censorship is because Nintendo put a slightly bigger shirt on a video game character, further evidence that social media really is just mental anti-health.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Brawnfire posted:

Wow sounds like babies suck rear end. Glad I stopped being one

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

jjack229 posted:

The human race should just be wiped out and evolution given another try at this. Convince me I'm wrong. :colbert:

If you mean another try at intelligent life that makes it off this planet before it gets fried by the sun in 500 million years or so, there's not really any chance. We've used too much of the easily available surface resources and converted them into forms that need some technological advancement to recycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
We all should die and go to hell