Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

There is nothing about Trump's behavior that cannot be explained by the fact that he's old, lazy, incurious, and 100% self-centered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When Trump dies his autopsy report is gonna read like Charles II’s.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm still putting $100 on literal brain worms

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah I'm reasonably confident he doesn't have syphilis, his germophobic rear end is much more likely to overuse antibiotics than underuse

just to have neuro syphillis you have to have a gaping ulcer somewhere on your body where you contracted it, and that's primary.

It goes away, then two months-2 years later you get secondary syphillis which is a full body infection, involving a rash that starts on your hands and feet and moves its way towards your torso.

Then you either get tertiary or neurosyph

All of these are treatable.

You guys are talking like it's the nineteenth century.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Angry_Ed posted:

Falling down the steps of Air Force One is significantly more dignified.

Throwing up on the Japanese Prime Minister is significantly more dignified

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

-My mother and sister died from Huntington's Disease.

Huntington's is not dementia.

The very next line is his father dying from dementia -- did you just stop reading the moment you saw Huntington's? Given that sort of family history it's not unexpected he'd be driven to learn as much as he possibly could about early warning signs for either/both.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Zophar posted:

There is nothing about Trump's behavior that cannot be explained by the fact that he's old, lazy, incurious, and 100% self-centered.

and by 100% you actually mean 1000%

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Trump very likely has Huntington's disease. But who cares? That's not why he's a bad person.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

I diagnose him with an imbalance of the humors, addiction to horse dewormer and stage four rear end cancer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

The very next line is his father dying from dementia -- did you just stop reading the moment you saw Huntington's? Given that sort of family history it's not unexpected he'd be driven to learn as much as he possibly could about early warning signs for either/both.

I did read it, but it doesn't fire me up that the first thing an uneducated person states to justify his medical opinion about dementia is his family members died of something thats based on CAG repeats in the genetic code.

Plenty of people have parents suffer and die from dementia. That doesn't mean they're qualified to diagnose it. This is from someone who worked 2 years as a CNA in neuro inpatient, is finishing their didactic year in PA school, and plans to go back into neuro.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I bet his dick doesn’t work.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Calibanibal posted:

i dont agree with this, but even if he does so what? there is no shame in syphilis.

I agree. There's no shame in contracting an STD.

However, Trump is also a rapist. If it's untreated because he sucks that comes with awful implications.

I don't think he has syphilis, but it would not surprise me if he did. Trump has all of the class of a gold plated above ground pool. Always has and always will. I won't always believe the absolute worst about him, but I won't disbelieve it either. Farce is outrun by Trump on a daily basis.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 17, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I bet his dick doesn’t work.

That's easy to fix.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

C'mon y'all we have first hand knowledge of Trump's ding dong from Stormy Daniels. We don't have to speculate!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm told by actual physicians (not assistants) that Trump probably has either Huntington's or syphilis or possibly both. But I still don't understand why that matters

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

gently caress SNEEP posted:

C'mon y'all we have first hand knowledge of Trump's ding dong from Stormy Daniels. We don't have to speculate!

Oh my god Id forgotten all about Stormy Daniels how was that only like a year ago?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

FizFashizzle posted:

trump doesn't have loving neuro syphillis jesus christ y'all

-My mother and sister died from Huntington's Disease.

Huntington's is not dementia.

can confirm, for Huntingtons the more noticable stuff early on is physical, i dunno why that dude would be looking for mental tics when if you're at risk for HD what should scare you are random tics, movements or physical twitches.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ice Phisherman posted:

One of the theories is that Trump is functionally illiterate. About 16% of the American populace is functionally illiterate, meaning that they can't read or write above about a third or fourth grade level. This is opposed to actually illiterate, which is much smaller.

Trump hates briefings and doesn't want to read. If he's confronted with anything more than two to three paragraphs, he gets angry. And while he can read, because he understands a teleprompter, he stares hard into it, reading in a monotone, having no flair or showmanship. It takes a lot of concentration for him to read a speech in front of a live audience.

i think it could be that but also its just him being a super in curious narcissistic rear end in a top hat. only HE can be an expert.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I swear to god we need to figure out a way to make Robert Caro live to 150 because he needs to write a comprehensive 5 part series on the Trump Administration.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

can confirm, for Huntingtons the more noticable stuff early on is physical, i dunno why that dude would be looking for mental tics when if you're at risk for HD what should scare you are random tics, movements or physical twitches.

Yeah, it would be sort of....obvious if Trump had HD. He also would not have lived to 70+.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Never forget.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Late stage huntingtons can be anything; it's just generally awful. Like Parkinson's can end in dementia as well.

Trump has tons of worrisome indications but the guy in the article starts off describing himself as a researcher then it turns into "well i invested in some stuff."

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh my god Id forgotten all about Stormy Daniels how was that only like a year ago?

Trump drew on the hurricane map 42 days ago.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zophar posted:

Hard disagree. I've got plenty of old and lazy assholes in my family and none of my uncles or grandparents are like this freak show. Why are people so hard against considering that Trump has a mental condition, especially when it's in our faces everyday?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think it could be that but also its just him being a super in curious narcissistic rear end in a top hat. only HE can be an expert.

Oh yeah. Everything is always the best, the worst, the biggest, the strongest. This Big Mac? Biggest Big Mac ever to be eaten, because I'm about to eat it and a big guy needs big food. This second Big Mac? Well that's already bigger than the biggest, which was also the biggest.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That was Monday.

He was inaugurated last Tuesday.

The covfefe tweet is next month

We have become unstuck in time

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184638812150009858

the whining continues.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Calibanibal posted:

I'm told by actual physicians (not assistants) that Trump probably has either Huntington's or syphilis or possibly both. But I still don't understand why that matters

I’m an actual physician and I can assure you that there is pretty much 0 evidence that he has either. Syphilis would have needed to go untreated for decades to reach the tertiary stage and you’d see a whole heap of other symptoms and Huntington’s presents younger, with a much stronger genetic history, and you’d also see a whole heap of other symptoms

I’ve posted about trumps mental health before on this thread, I don’t want to annoy people by repeating myself but throwing around big labels like syphilis or dementia draws focus away from very plausible explanations that he’s a narcissist and an rear end in a top hat. I acknowledge that he’s an <exceptional> narcissist and rear end in a top hat and I can see why it’s tempting to find extraordinary explanations for his behavior using more obscure pathologies. But unexceptional people also don’t get elected president...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

SchrodingersCat posted:

Yeah, it would be sort of....obvious if Trump had HD. He also would not have lived to 70+.

FizFashizzle posted:

Late stage huntingtons can be anything; it's just generally awful. Like Parkinson's can end in dementia as well.

Trump has tons of worrisome indications but the guy in the article starts off describing himself as a researcher then it turns into "well i invested in some stuff."

yeah whenever I have to describe Huntington's i basically say "it's like Parkinson's plus alzheimers" which is a vast simplification, and sort of sounds like a nightmare disease which it is!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I swear to god we need to figure out a way to make Robert Caro live to 150 because he needs to write a comprehensive 5 part series on the Trump Administration.

i never want to relive any of this admin

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I feel like Trump couldn’t have been this batshit crazy in the 90s though

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Riptor posted:

That was Monday.

He was inaugurated last Tuesday.

The covfefe tweet is next month

We have become unstuck in time

Remember all of those times that Prester Jane warned us that this bizarre cult poo poo was coming and that all social norms would be upended and everything would be horrible? And remember all of those times where she'd get probated and harassed by assholes and she'd get called names and generally bullied? Often by a mod who was a no poo poo holocaust denier?

Imagine where you were a year or two ago, if you can, and try and compare your mindset then to now and how much you were willing to accept. Compare that to now.

This is no longer politics. This is psychosis and cult poo poo. That's what we're dealing with now. Politics is trying to reassert itself, but the process is slow and run by ancient shitlibs. Meanwhile, Trump is enabled by bad faith actors who will try and whiteknuckle until 2020 where they hope he'll get dumped so they can be the opposition party again and go back to grifting.

I'd really PJ stop being right more often than not, especially when compared to the rest of us, but until we find someone else with practical experience with cults and authoritarianism, she's probably the best we've got. Please entertain that she's right instead of immediately judging her when she says something that appears to be crazy, because we live in crazy loving times.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Berke Negri posted:

We need to bring back damnatio memoriae because living this administration is a cruel and unusual punishment visited upon the american people

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

None of it?

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did he travel to Egypt then? That sounds suspiciously like comorbid King Tut's Curse.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

i think its just him getting old and he truely believes his own lies now. like he was always a selfish narssitic rear end in a top hat but he used be able to present himself better. etc.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Someone had to explain to him what 'fabricating' meant and he thinks that everyone else needs it explaining too.
Also he thinks we need reminding that he is the US President, perhaps because he forgets that fact himself.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’d argue the following
1 - personality factors can become more exaggerated with age via normal age related cognitive change
2 - Trump has been refining a combination of messages and characteristics for decades until he stumbled upon a set of qualities that have resulted in his success
3 - he was this crazy in the 90s. Look at the letter he wrote about the Central Park 5, what was written about him in his ex wife’s autobiography, the way he would call newspapers pretending to a source for his business and “leak” flattering stories about himself, his stern interview on 9/11

He’s the same guy, you can draw a straight line from 90s trump to 2019 trump

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Well obviously any moron can be a physician (and most are). I think I'll trust the physicians I actually know to be knowledgeable and competent. But I think the whole thing is just a distraction. Trump is bad because he's a bad person, not because he's ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Trump has severe brainworms.