Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw. His tiny arms are no good for playing Duck Hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Haha, holy christ. I spent somewhere in the realm of $20 on Earth Wars and felt bad about even that. I quit when I dropped out of my "squad" or whatever to go on holiday a couple years back (literally two years ago. I am shocked this game still has a player base. Those promo video bits are rad but it looks like the gameplay's completely unchanged) and realized how good it felt not to be compelled to keep playing for the sake of my lovely team.
I'm actually playing a Gundam one right now and it's much more fun than Earth Wars, but I'm not going to spend a single cent on it. Cause I'm going to drop it like a turd when they implement team poo poo to sucker idiots to spend even more on it than they currently are.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Diet Poison posted:

Haha, holy christ. I spent somewhere in the realm of $20 on Earth Wars and felt bad about even that. I quit when I dropped out of my "squad" or whatever to go on holiday a couple years back (literally two years ago. I am shocked this game still has a player base. Those promo video bits are rad but it looks like the gameplay's completely unchanged) and realized how good it felt not to be compelled to keep playing for the sake of my lovely team.

I tried Earth Wars too, but couldn't even bring myself to spend money on it because unlike other mobile games it wasn't even very good about hiding how much money you needed to spend to get decent characters. Also it felt like you could barely play for any length of time. And to top it all off, I think Furman even managed to sneak in another 'ugh lady Transformers' bit in.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I played Earth Wars a toooooooooooon. F2P of course. Got a good family of alliances and some of the weekend events were fun trying to push our scores.

I had to quit when WoW classic came out. They were bummed I was leaving and it kinda felt like breaking up. I haven't been on the game or the alliance discord in a couple of months.

For a mobile game it's not bad at all and scratches the TF itch.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

ME GRIMLOCK WON'T HESITATE, BITCH!

That is seriously the best Grimlock rex mode

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh.

So we have a leak in our water main, possibly under the basement floor. Or up the wall. We can't quite tell as of yet. But it's possible it's under the floor OR in the wall behind the detolfs. So I just had to clear out all 12 of them and prep to possible move them in case we have to chop the godamned wall open.

Homeownership is now a four letter word.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Thew's latest us pretty special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VScyaHuAwZY

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Ugh.

So we have a leak in our water main, possibly under the basement floor. Or up the wall. We can't quite tell as of yet. But it's possible it's under the floor OR in the wall behind the detolfs. So I just had to clear out all 12 of them and prep to possible move them in case we have to chop the godamned wall open.

Naw, gently caress home ownership.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Ugh.

Yeah, related reasons are why I didn't buy in to Unicron.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Burkion posted:

That is seriously the best Grimlock rex mode

he arrived today and he is fantastic in both modes. i know some people think his shoulders are too bulky in robot mode, but come on, its friggin grimlock, he should have bulky shoulders. he also comes with an alternate head with the idw style teeth either side of his faceplate

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

juggalo baby coffin posted:

ME GRIMLOCK WON'T HESITATE, BITCH!

Grab your glocks when you see Grimloooockk

Call the cops when you see Grimlock.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, related reasons are why I didn't buy in to Unicron.

Yeah I'm barely 2 months into a new house, thus why I didn't back it. Every little thing costs at least double what you budget or takes twice as much time...sigh

I'll try to get a feeler out this week as to post-campaign availability for Unicron

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Rhyno's not the only one who can build a Detolf from memory at this point.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's mad fuckin' sexy.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Ugh.

Oof! put some desiccates around those screws and other diecast to be safe!

Hope to hear good news!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to improve on Masterpiece Soundwave that isn't just making him more posable somehow?

Or making him a gently caress ton bigger

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Burkion posted:

Is there a way to improve on Masterpiece Soundwave that isn't just making him more posable somehow?

I’d like better hands? But honestly, that’s just ‘more posable’.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got that Holo Mirage vs Impactor set. Aragon is pretty tight, he can hold his guns well and his friction tab for vehicle mode is also pretty tight.

Holo Mirage is pretty neat. He has sky blue plastic where it isn't clear blue, everything seems to tab in well.

Impactor's legs worry me a little. The hinge to swing his legs doesn't lock into place when he's in robot mode. It's just sort of held there by his feet. Looks cool though. His shoulder cannon doesn't detach.

Burkion posted:

Better hips?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Burkion posted:

The redesigned FT one seems to mostly be making his proportions less wonky and adding cartoon accurate details. The Takara one is tough to top.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Impactor's legs worry me a little. The hinge to swing his legs doesn't lock into place when he's in robot mode. It's just sort of held there by his feet. Looks cool though. His shoulder cannon doesn't detach.

Apparently that’s just what his legs do. I think Thew mentions it too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Better hips would be an objective improvement. Not only are they awkward to use, they feel creaky and fragile.

More relevant to Takara's agenda, MP Soundwave is very much in the Hasui Toy/Toon Fusion aesthetic. A hypothetical New Soundwave would undoutably be overengineered to create smooth, rounded rectangular limbs and low-greeble surfaces and heavy toon proportions at an exhorbitent price... just the way I like it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
IRRESPONSIBLE PURCHASES HOOOOOOOOOOO

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

IRRESPONSIBLE PURCHASES HOOOOOOOOOOO

I get that that is more accurate to the original design but man that looks inferior compared to the more mechanical one someone else put out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have that one too. I love them both but this thing is on another level.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I want to get that one because of the accuracy but that whole hip/thigh section is just so underwhelming.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

grimlock lookin hot in both modes imo. i put the IDW-style head on, to match the comic style crown, but my phone camera is too bad to show off the teeth detailing under incandescent light. he also has an ab crunch, i discovered, which is activated by a little button on the small of his back. i didn't put him in the 'super crotch thrust' pose that almost all third party product photos have the robots do, but he can do it.

the crown's points are INSANELY pointy. i managed to draw blood picking it up wrong, the front point is like a sewing needle.

there's one thing i wanna warn people about with him. when you're transforming him and at the stage where you want to open up the panels on his arms to fold his hands away, make sure that his front elbow joints are bent backwards (like you would have them in dino mode). there's kind of a lip on the back of the panel, past the hinge, and if his arms are bent like they would be in bot mode, that lip will hit up against the middle arm segment, and if you try and put force in you could probably snap the arm panel off, which would be bad, cause his front two toes are mounted on it.

if it's bent like this the flap will only open this far cause its hitting that joint segment

to open it safely you want to be able to see that dark gap in the joint for the lip to safely rotate through.

i noticed it before i did any harm, but i know in some of these third party (and even official) toys there have been times i've had to apply an uncomfortable amount of force to something and it's been the right thing to do. i wouldn't want anyone to think its the case with this particular joint and end up shearing something off.

i think they put the actual hinge kind of deeper inside the arm to hide it and have a cleaner look, and its not an issue if you know about it, but i wouldnt want anyone to break their awesome grimlock.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I always wished they would’ve done a line of the Beast Wars Maximals/Predacons pre-animal forms.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ruddiger posted:

I always wished they would’ve done a line of the Beast Wars Maximals/Predacons pre-animal forms.

There's some Botcon sets. Just repaints with new heads but it was something.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

I always wanted this too (I'm aware of the Botcon set but I'm talking affordable releases) and it could be a way to get those characters back out there while avoiding the shelfwarming factor beast modes seem to have these days.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Diet Poison posted:

I'm actually playing a Gundam one right now and it's much more fun than Earth Wars, but I'm not going to spend a single cent on it. Cause I'm going to drop it like a turd when they implement team poo poo to sucker idiots to spend even more on it than they currently are.

After playing Warframe I can't deal with any of the other F2P garbage. Fuuuuuuck loot boxes.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

grimlock no! put down the 90s comics!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm waiting on the last part of Iron Factory's MegaTarn to be released... anyone know when it's supposed to come out?

On a similar note, when is Walgreens gonna get Ratchet? I've seen a bunch of Red Alert, Refraktor and Hound on their shelves but no Ratchet yet. I just want to find one in the wild (since they don't seem to want to let me preorder them online) and I don't want to pay Canadian scalper prices on EBay just yet...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

On a similar note, when is Walgreens gonna get Ratchet?

No-one knows yet, but it seems likely by the end of October.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm waiting on the last part of Iron Factory's MegaTarn to be released... anyone know when it's supposed to come out?
They're on part 3 of 4 with something like two-ish months between releases, so probably next month?

You might want to get a Tarn since he's been floating around a while and supply might start to dry up on ebay. He's good enough to own by himself. In fact I'm still not certain I care enough about MegaTarn to finish the combiner, the 4th guy looks pretty mediocre.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

They're on part 3 of 4 with something like two-ish months between releases, so probably next month?

You might want to get a Tarn since he's been floating around a while and supply might start to dry up on ebay. He's good enough to own by himself. In fact I'm still not certain I care enough about MegaTarn to finish the combiner, the 4th guy looks pretty mediocre.

I've got all the released figures already. Good advice though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Oh I thought you meant you were waiting to buy the combiner at once. I felt concern. I was concerned. It made me hasty.

Tarn is really good though, I've been kinda mixed on IF this year. The gaps on the side of "Optics Hunter" are just weird in the context of having a dash, steering wheel and seats.

How do you feel about the fourth guy? Better in hand?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

On a similar note, when is Walgreens gonna get Ratchet? I've seen a bunch of Red Alert, Refraktor and Hound on their shelves but no Ratchet yet. I just want to find one in the wild (since they don't seem to want to let me preorder them online) and I don't want to pay Canadian scalper prices on EBay just yet...

Ratchet is my #1 want right now too. Luckily I have many nearby Walgreens to check, but I won't fully relax until I have one in hand. I'll help others connect with them if I find more.

Once I get him, I'm all set until Earthrise Optimus comes out in March.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Oh I thought you meant you were waiting to buy the combiner at once. I felt concern. I was concerned. It made me hasty.

Tarn is really good though, I've been kinda mixed on IF this year. The gaps on the side of "Optics Hunter" are just weird in the context of having a dash, steering wheel and seats.

How do you feel about the fourth guy? Better in hand?

I can't really say, as Helex is in my Pile of Loot until Tesarus hopefully comes out soon.

I'm mainly going after Iron Factory's DJD right now when it comes to their stuff. Tarn, Vos, and Kaon all really good! Nice posable figures with different hands (including one for Vos with his face in it) and Vos makes a nice gun, Kaon makes a nice electric chair, and Tarn makes a passable vehicle... probably not as good as the last two guys, but that's hardly the point when there is MEGATARN to be had and the robot modes are all so good so far.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pay the Canadian scalper prices, lord knows enough of our cash has flowed the other way in the last two decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The game is a lootbox bullshit nightmare but I'm not gonna lie, the end of this trailer made me smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m3naa0X4r4&t=1075s