Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

Cobbler Citizen

:yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I always loved the art style of the thief and the cobbler, but man gently caress that guy for taking 30 years for an unfinished film.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Obviously none of this is going to stop someone with a pair of bolt cutters but pretty nifty if you want to go take a dump at the airport without dragging the bag in with you

No because this still counts as unattended baggage and will get you a fun meeting with airport security.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

“Plant-based egg”?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

“Plant-based egg”?

Eggplant.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Phanatic posted:

“Plant-based egg”?

Flaxseed and cashew powder, most likely.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Phanatic posted:

“Plant-based egg”?

It's a pretentious as hell way of labeling it, but egg replacers for baking can be really useful when allergies are involved, though they're usually marketed towards vegans. When I need them, I usually use either banana or apple sauce, when the egg is used as a binder, or Bob's Red Mill or Ener-G's products when it's used for leavening. Like mentioned above, flaxseed works well too.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Plant egg is true!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
uh did i miss a Goop kickstarter or something

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

AngryRobotsInc posted:

It's a pretentious as hell way of labeling it, but egg replacers for baking can be really useful when allergies are involved, though they're usually marketed towards vegans. When I need them, I usually use either banana or apple sauce, when the egg is used as a binder, or Bob's Red Mill or Ener-G's products when it's used for leavening. Like mentioned above, flaxseed works well too.

65g of human blood per egg also works as a substitute.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Owlbear Camus posted:

65g of human blood per egg also works as a substitute.

Sadly doesn't work in reverse, though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Karia posted:

Sadly doesn't work in reverse, though.

It does for certain occult rites. It has to be a fresh egg, mind.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Plant egg is just “seed”.

Fallom posted:

No because this still counts as unattended baggage and will get you a fun meeting with airport security.

Not if you’re white

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Platystemon posted:

Not if you’re white

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/kotaku/status/1184608027640500225?s=21

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Not if you’re white

I'm pretty sure airport security is the one place where it is fully equal opportunity in who they hassle. Source: I used to travel a lot and had my white coworkers get randomly picked for hand scrubbing and bag checks. In conclusion:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Let’s be honest. Some are more equal than others and it’s more of a “cops aren’t racist see they killed an unarmed White guy today”

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Everybody gets poo poo on at the airport, yeah, but some people get "randomly selected" way more often

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The article got updated to say that whoever was behind this was double dipping and had another campaign up where they were doing the exact same thing with a different game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zereth posted:

Everybody gets poo poo on at the airport, yeah, but some people get "randomly selected" way more often

Random selection is going to be insanely biased unless you use some outside system to do the picking yeah

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Airport going to blow up everybody’s unattended bags, the one area in which race/class/gender/citizenship privilege is irrelevant.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Random selection is going to be insanely biased unless you use some outside system to do the picking yeah

AFAIK the metal detectors that you walk through at the airport have two different alerts; One for detecting metal and one for "random check", so I think there is an outside system.

Doesn't stop the agents from randomly selecting extra people though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AlbieQuirky posted:

Airport going to blow up everybody’s unattended bags, the one area in which race/class/gender/citizenship privilege is irrelevant.

They only blow them up if they know about them.

Other travellers are more likely to report a brown kid leaving a bag when he goes to the restroom than they are to report a white man for doing the same.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm lucky in that I'm both white and also have a gormless dipshit face, so airport security is usually just me biffing my poo poo in a box and having them tell me to get going. The only time I had trouble at the border was when I was in the scanner and leaned out to look at a golden retriever and even then they just frisked my leg and that was it

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Platystemon posted:

They only blow them up if they know about them.

Other travellers are more likely to report a brown kid leaving a bag when he goes to the restroom than they are to report a white man for doing the same.

One of the saddest days at work, a middle aged white woman came up to me to 'warn me' about this family of girls wearing burquas. They were buying the Star Wars movies and a BBQ grill, but apparently being brown and wearing muslim garments is SCARY IN TARGET. The lady acted like she did me some big, huge favor telling me that some brown people shop at target but it's those skeery mooslims or what the gently caress ever she wanted to report. I just shrugged, said 'ok', and went on about my day.

And I hope the family had lots of fun with grilling and movie night.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Remember Juicero?

It's back in soap form!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Save money and planet

How much planet do I save using this product?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Planet of The Apes. Because such shameless capitalism will definitely lead to the downfall of civilization and the apes will be free to take over.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Weird, they'd probably hit their target demo way harder if they were just offering bulk shampoo powder that mixes into a gel by hand, like, in a rustic bowl or some poo poo

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Somfin posted:

Weird, they'd probably hit their target demo way harder if they were just offering bulk shampoo powder that mixes into a gel by hand, like, in a rustic bowl or some poo poo

But then where is the DRM?

They haven't posted screenshots from their app.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I’m surprised nobody has done the fight club thing selling soap made from the fat of rich people’s asses

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

klafbang posted:

But then where is the DRM?

They haven't posted screenshots from their app.

The bowl is coated in a proprietary chemical compound that kills the live cultures of proprietary flesh-eating bacteria that give the soap its unique chi signature

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Remember when people were finding Juiceros at thrift stores for a few bucks? I have a feeling these are going to have very similar innards to the Juicero, by coincidence.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Remember when people were finding Juiceros at thrift stores for a few bucks? I have a feeling these are going to have very similar innards to the Juicero, by coincidence.

it's a bit of a blender with a k cup heating element

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

it

it just mixes soap with water

that's all it does

you can do that in the loving bottle it goes into by just shaking it

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Somfin posted:

That almost can't be their target as that group is probably already buying all their shampoo in bar form if they're really worried about the environment. Same goes for just about every other cleaning substance that machine can make when I think about it. There's powders for most soaps, cleansers, bleaches & detergents, and in the few cases that's missing, it's probably because the main solvent isn't water, so this device can't help that problem.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ultraklystron posted:

That almost can't be their target as that group is probably already buying all their shampoo in bar form if they're really worried about the environment. Same goes for just about every other cleaning substance that machine can make when I think about it. There's powders for most soaps, cleansers, bleaches & detergents, and in the few cases that's missing, it's probably because the main solvent isn't water, so this device can't help that problem.

Yeah, their target market is people who want to feel good about doing their part for the environment but don't want actually put any thought or effort into it. An expensive gadget shows commitment (at least until it inevitably joins the expensive gadget graveyard at the back of the cupboard.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
much revenue stream, very subscription

there's a team of six people for a slow blender which turns concentrated soap into less-concentrated soap

they are charging $100 for a device that serves no purpose other than stirring these specific bottles

at least they are still under $100k?

dwarf74 has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Oct 22, 2019

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

dwarf74 posted:

much revenue stream, very subscription

there's a team of six people for a slow blender which turns concentrated soap into less-concentrated soap

they are charging $100 for a device that serves no purpose other than stirring these specific bottles

at least they are still under $100k?

I think you're missing the most important part which is squeezing the soap from the bag into the bottle. This must be the most important part because it's what most of the device is dedicated to. Love that cold-pressed soap taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

- Product is made to reduce the waste from cleaning product bottles
- Company regularly ships you a bunch of individual pouches of cleaner to load into the machine

Yeah I know the pouches are supposedly recyclable, but guess what, so are bottles