Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1184849986049191936?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ok, I’m now ready to say Mahomes is good

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

I'm Trubisky's dead cat bounce at the start of season 2

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Shinjobi posted:

:rip: 8-8

gently caress the NFL

Seriously. 9-8? 8-9? What kind of unsymmetrical bullshit is that

Russ at 116 while pressured lol. No one else remotely close to 100.

Dalton has actually been playing for pretty well while getting very little help from his team. The Bengals throw away like 25 snaps per game on one yard runs

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Play posted:

Seriously. 9-8? 8-9? What kind of unsymmetrical bullshit is that

bring jeff fisher back so that we can see 8-8-1 records roll out every year

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Wilson Mahomes Watson are the top 3 QBs in that order and the rest of the NFL is not nearly as fun to watch as these 3

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here are PFF's current QB ratings. The two cut off from the bottom are Josh Rosen and dead last is Mitch Trubisky.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Play posted:

Russ at 116 while pressured lol. No one else remotely close to 100.

He has the most practice

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Diva Cupcake posted:

Here are PFF's current QB ratings. The two cut off from the bottom are Josh Rosen and dead last is Mitch Trubisky.

Gardner Minshew better than several first round picks, confirmed

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

PFF is good and right and I’ve always felt this way

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dan Quinn, defensive genius.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Quinn should never be fired imo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

*Sobs*

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The NFL should do multiball

My greatest regret is I have lost the rules to MULTIBALL

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Even though it's Monopoly data, i like the insinuation that a benched Mahomes is more valuable to the team than a playing Trubinsky

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kyler hasn't put up big stats yet in a hyper air raid offense yet he also hasn't died from middling sack yet which means he's a massive disappointment twice over but also playing well

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1184897236284723202?s=19

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Broncos gonna run for 300 yards tonight :yeah:

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Who's the biggest consentually panned draft pick (first round) who ended up being amazing?

Christian McCaffery?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I could be remembering wrong but I think a lot of people made fun of the Matt Ryan pick

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

I could be remembering wrong but I think a lot of people made fun of the Matt Ryan pick

Yeah, there were 3 consecutive years before 2008 where the 1st round QB's were dogshit (Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn) that goons were super down on taking QB's early.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I actually seriously like the idea of the players union accepting another game if it means abandoning OT altogether. Bring on the goddamn ties.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol CJ Anderson streams on twitch

https://twitter.com/cjandersonb22/status/1184919599655129088

he's playing Apex with a couple of guys I sometimes watch

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
So 1 extra game a year would have to be unsystematic, right? With two extra games you could play another in-conference rank (so the 1st-ranked teams also play the 2nd-ranked teams), or you could stop playing the same-rank teams and just play another whole division. But I can’t see how you’d fit in just one more game without either having arbitrary differences (like just playing some random other team that you aren’t already playing) or really radically changing the basic setup (like not playing your division twice).

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ehud posted:

lol CJ Anderson streams on twitch

https://twitter.com/cjandersonb22/status/1184919599655129088

he's playing Apex with a couple of guys I sometimes watch

Baker Mayfield was streaming some over the spring and summer. If I remember right Mark Andrews was regularly playing with him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Diva Cupcake posted:

Russ :worship:

Also Staff in the top 10 whatup.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Never forget.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1184610028000550912?s=20

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=261016022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

rjmccall posted:

So 1 extra game a year would have to be unsystematic, right? With two extra games you could play another in-conference rank (so the 1st-ranked teams also play the 2nd-ranked teams), or you could stop playing the same-rank teams and just play another whole division. But I can’t see how you’d fit in just one more game without either having arbitrary differences (like just playing some random other team that you aren’t already playing) or really radically changing the basic setup (like not playing your division twice).

The move that would make the most sense imo would be to play the team in the opposite conference that you played two years ago that finished in the same rank. Right now you only play a team in the opposing conference once every 4 years, and this would give a few more opportunities for sweet matchups. For example, that'd give us a Patriots-Saints game this year, and Brady has faced Brees three times ever.

So AFC East plays the NFC East this year, and played the NFC South two years ago, so we'd have had:

AFC E vs NFC S
Patriots - Saints
Dolphins - Falcons
Bills - Panthers
Jets - Buccaneers

AFC N vs NFC N
Ravens - Bears
Steelers - Vikings
Browns - Packers
Bengals - Lions

AFC S vs NFC W
Texans - Rams
Colts - Seahawks
Titans - 49ers
Jaguars - Cardinals

AFC W vs NFC E
Chiefs - Cowboys
Chargers - Eagles
Broncos - Washington
Raiders - Giants

So that'd be a pretty good slate of games, and help out parity and whatnot.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Oh hey, that’s a really cool idea.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1184890219063136259?s=21

Good job hiring Jim Turner you dipshits

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Banner year for NFL team doctors

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The rumor is Glenn has been cleared by the independent brain doctor but doesn't want to play or feels like someone (JIM TURNER) was a dick during the process

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1184884744443420672?s=19

IM FREE

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Hizawk posted:

Who's the biggest consentually panned draft pick (first round) who ended up being amazing?

Christian McCaffery?

Few remember it too well, but Ed Reed was considered a pretty dumb pick by the Ravens when they made it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

McNabb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJEfmQA9q4

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 17, 2019

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lol and ESPN published an article a few hours ago claiming he was the Chargers best player to trade.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Here's the Baltimore Sun article on Ed Reed when he got drafted : https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-2002-04-21-0204210199-story.html

"ED REED. HE SOUNDS LIKE a partner in a law firm.

Ed Reed?

Isn't he someone's stockbroker?"

also

"Another draft, just another player.

Ed Reed's name had no juice."

Some highlights from the article.

Also "There was no magic yesterday, just Ed Reed"

I more or less thought the same thing way back when. In 2002 it was like "So we just blew up the team and we drafted a safety!?!" But he was one of probably two hall of famers(the other Julius Peppers) in that whole first round. And one of the best and most exciting ever to play the position.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 17, 2019

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jesus I didn’t know that was what sidelined Okung

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hizawk posted:

Christian McCaffery?

This is gonna be a tough one to answer/qualify because if they went in the first round there's going to be some people who really liked the player enough that it wouldn't really be seen as a "consensually panned" pick. And if the pick gets criticized because it's seen as a massive reach or a bad fit or something, then there's usually going to be a good reason for that. Amazing players usually were high draft picks (and thus had a lot of proponents) or were later-round or UDFAs (and thus weren't "consensually panned").

If Rashan Gary actually turns out good for the Packers, he'll qualify, he was very unpopular as a pick at first and still is among some of the fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Trubs is amazing, in that it's amazing how horrible he is.

Daniel Jones might qualify even though he's mediocre at best right now just for how panned he was.