Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Little Mac posted:

He bought my ticket at an escape room we did at sgdq. he's a cool dude (and scientist)

I told staff that, other than communities I'm involved with, I like hosting awful games and rpgs. I hope they don't give me FF8 with the garbage man :(

you can specifically tell them not to schedule you to host that run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

site posted:

you can specifically tell them not to schedule you to host that run

I'm aware haha. I'm talking to some other host folks

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Startropics starting now!

https://www.twitch.tv/therpgvalkyries

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

This was a quality run, the runner and commentator both were excellent on the mic.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the thing about going to coolmatty about chuds is that he'll barf out something at you like "actually, calling me out about being nice to nazis is hurting your cause"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

e: wrong thread

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Oct 17, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thanks i'll update my speedrun google doc with a note that pear guy has a bum leg.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Groovelord Neato posted:

thanks i'll update my speedrun google doc with a note that pear guy has a bum leg.

Haha get hosed

MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Same, but there's also a point at which where if you've spoken up a number of times and seen literally nothing come of it, you're going to say "alright, this isn't going to be redeemable with the current organizers" and go volunteer for PUWP instead

Im not going to go into details, but a bit of this and a bit of being involved was becoming a detriment to my mental health for various reasons.

Edit: doubling down on making fun of someone for a physical disability is a pretty poo poo thing to do. Theres plenty of stuff to talk about here without irrelevant childish poo poo like that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

not really since i didnt make fun of the disability.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the new rule of 2019 is if multiple people on the internet tell you to shut the gently caress up and stop posting you should do it

edit: this also applies to the guy who "well actually"'d the use of feminazi but i was too late to roast them

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 17, 2019

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Groovelord Neato posted:

not really since i didnt make fun of the disability.

Yeah but you were body shaming anyway so gently caress off

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

digging a hole any%

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Little Mac posted:

Yeah but you were body shaming anyway so gently caress off

as a man i can do that to other men. i have a man card.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Solarin posted:

This was a quality run, the runner and commentator both were excellent on the mic.

Yeah it was good.

Shame the video cut out a few times and game sound was delayed, but the commentary was unaffected and I don't think it hurt the watchability too much.

Terrex and Vanni are both really great on commentary. Vanni streams often and speedruns a bunch of different stuff, but lately has been focusing on Neutopia (a Zelda clone that's pretty neat to watch) and Actraiser (a combination god simulator/action platformer for SNES), he's always a good watch. Terrex is primarily a MegaMan 6 runner but has done a lot of different games for a long time as well, and is one of the few people in the startropics community that prefers the sequel to the original (I think he's crazy but to each their own).

Check both of them out sometime! They deserve it.

(This post may or may not be to get away from the dumbass argument that's going on currently)

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

thanks i'll update my speedrun google doc

Look at this scrub, not using pastebin like a real speedrunner would.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

go away

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
jokes on you, i was only pretending

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Groovelord Neato posted:

From one man to another, shut the gently caress up and go away, you utter doorknob.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The 7th Guest posted:

the thing about going to coolmatty about chuds is that he'll barf out something at you like "actually, calling me out about being nice to nazis is hurting your cause"

that was the worst

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

UraniumAnchor posted:

From one man to another, shut the gently caress up and go away, you utter doorknob.

*scribbles down "utter doorknob" in a notebook*

That's a good one to remember.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Anyhow, let's talk about the real subject:
GDQ must accept Dicey Dungeons when they do new game submissions :colbert:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Studio posted:

8 days of nothing but Roundabout

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

can't believe GDQ is giving me the full 7 days to speedrun my depression where i sit around in a bathrobe eating nothing but chips and playing final fantasy fourteen

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

can't believe GDQ is giving me the full 7 days to speedrun my depression where i sit around in a bathrobe eating nothing but chips and playing final fantasy fourteen

Why not do that at the venue :thunk:?

Renegret posted:

Also acceptable

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Studio posted:

Why not do that at the venue :thunk:?

because then i'm expected to maintain at least base level hygiene

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I can play Bloodstained: Ritual of the night pretty well, maybe that'll get accepted? It won't be a speedrun though, my playthrough took like 30 hours but it's almost 100% now

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

because then i'm expected to maintain at least base level hygiene

Buddy, you've been to a GDQ.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Really, if you go to any gathering involving games or nerd culture, and you're wearing deodorant and you took a shower, you're likely in the 95th percentile of cleanliness.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Studio posted:

To be fair, RNG manip'd dicey dungeons would be a sight to see.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Renegret posted:

Roundabout isn't new anymore but this isn't me complaining

speaking of goon-made games get some Noita in there I have no idea if there even are good speedrun strats but it's a hell of a game to watch

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

This seems like a real missed opportunity for the Baiten Kratos 100% speedrunners to make their mark

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

To be fair, RNG manip'd dicey dungeons would be a sight to see.

Non-RNG is also fun because you're ridiculously underleveled and there's some scary rear end marshmellows and snowmen out there.

You're In The Club And This Guy Snowballs Your Girlfriend's rear end

What do you do?

Studio fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 17, 2019

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Roundabout isn't new anymore but this isn't me complaining

speaking of goon-made games get some Noita in there I have no idea if there even are good speedrun strats but it's a hell of a game to watch

You can run specific seeds, but "marathon safe" is not a phrase that I think would ever apply to Noita.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Studio posted:

Non-RNG is also fun because you're ridiculously underleveled and there's some scary rear end marshmellows and snowmen out there.

You're In The Club And This Guy Snowballs Your Girlfriend's rear end

What do you do?

Wait a sec, I actually unlocked this guy's character blurb the other day.

... That doesn't really improve the situation.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Wow I'm in a polyamorous relationship with the Inventor and Snowman from Dicey Dungeons now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DizzyBum posted:

*scribbles down "utter doorknob" in a notebook*

That's a good one to remember.
I saw someone use "utter raincheck of a person" recently and while I don't know if it necessarily makes much sense I love it

Feldegast42 posted:

This seems like a real missed opportunity for the Baiten Kratos 100% speedrunners to make their mark
I feel like baiten kratos would be a MUCH faster game

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Captain Invictus posted:

I feel like baiten kratos would be a MUCH faster game

It is, unless you go for 100% which requires a whole bunch of waiting for a timer to count down for 350 hours.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
imma route Crüe Ball for the genesis cus the music is just too good

i just gotta beat it without savestates first. please keep me in your thoughts in this trying time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I saw someone use "utter raincheck of a person" recently and while I don't know if it necessarily makes much sense I love it

"I thought you were worth the trip, but upon arrival I received additional, disappointing information and now I have to decide whether or not you're worth a return trip"...
checks out.