Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Here's a question, are there any Unseen from the kickstarter that we haven't mentioned yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Not without talking about anime looking clan mechs like the warhammer IIC

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
isnt that just a hollander

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

And Tyler Too! posted:

I want a SLDF Urbie with a gauss rifle :getin:

Holy poo poo I never knew I needed something so much in my life.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

So is the current sale good or wait on the DLC?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

And Tyler Too! posted:

I want a SLDF Urbie with a gauss rifle :getin:

Your problem is you do things by halves.

code:
Urbanmech UM-GC

Mass: 30 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: All Eras (non-canon)
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E
Production Year: 0
Cost: 1,949,090 C-Bills
Battle Value: 624

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 60 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 21.6 km/h
Maximum Speed: 32.4 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 60 meters
Armor: Unknown Light Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    1  Heavy Gauss Rifle
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                    51 points                1.50
    Internal Locations: 5 RT, 5 LA, 4 RA
Engine:             Fusion Engine                 60                       1.50
    Walking MP: 2
    Running MP: 3
    Jumping MP: 2 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 LL, 1 RL                                         1.00
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             10                        0.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT, 5 RT, 1 LL, 1 RL
Gyro:               XL                                                     0.50
Cockpit:            Small                                                  2.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Light Ferro-Fibrous          AV -  59                  3.50
    Armor Locations: 2 RT, 3 LA, 2 RA

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     10           8         
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  2         
                                           L/R Torso     7            8         
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  2         
                                             L/R Arm     5            4         
                                             L/R Leg     7            6         

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heavy Gauss Rifle                            LT        2         11       18.00
@Heavy Gauss Rifle (8)                       HD        -         2         2.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 2

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      2    Points: 6
2j         2       2       1       0      1     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Where do you go to find Gauss ammo? I have 3 Gauss rifles in my inventory, and only 2 tons of ammo (Yang can fabricate mech limbs out of scrap metal, but he can't mill some ferrous slugs??). :negative:

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Bubbacub posted:

Where do you go to find Gauss ammo? I have 3 Gauss rifles in my inventory, and only 2 tons of ammo (Yang can fabricate mech limbs out of scrap metal, but he can't mill some ferrous slugs??). :negative:

You basically need to get lucky with the market. I believe I found it in the Black Market. But, you can probably find it on the normal market on planets with SLDF ruins and other rare loot traits.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bubbacub posted:

The ammo is free, it's the complicated bins/feed systems that you're paying for :eng101:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Warhammer and Marauder are in the free update!

Edit: also mod support.

DLC is 8 mechs, one new, of the 7 I've only seen the assassin listed. You folks could probably recognize the rest based on the trailer...

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 19, 2019

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Quick notes:

Saw Annihlator in the Mechs

8 Mechs in DLC

Flea

Assassin

Vulcan

Bullshark (new mech)

Phoenix Hawk

The last three were shown at PDX Con, but the camera wasn't on them

All have unique game parts

8 new weapon systems that are connected to the new mechs

Flashpoint MiniCampaign

Official Mod Support

2 Free mechs

Warhammer Marauder

I'll have to wait for the VOD to get the other mechs, and any new features.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Press release is out:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/19/..._source=twitter

edit:

Polygon posted:

Heavy Metal will be accompanied by a free patch, which will include two additional BattleMechs; the fan favorite Marauder-class and the Warhammer-class chassis. Those who pick up the for-pay expansion (or those who already own the Season Pass) will also gain access to seven more classic models. Here’s the details on each, plus rough data pulled from Sarna.net:

Flea, a 20-ton ‘Mech known for its speed and firepower.
Assassin, a 40-ton ‘Mech with roots in Star League-era conflicts.
Vulcan, a 40-ton ‘Mech known best as an anti-infantry unit.
Phoenix Hawke, a 45-ton ‘Mech and a fairly common unit across the Inner Sphere.
Annihilator, a 100-ton ‘Mech that’s fairly slow for an assault chassis but with plenty of ballistic and energy hardpoints.
Archer, a 70-ton missile boat that comes standard with 2x LRM-20s.
Rifleman, the iconic 60-ton beast shown on the cover of the original MechWarrior role-playing game system’s core rulebook.
Finally, those who purchase Heavy Metal will also receive access to the Bull Shark. The massive monster looks to be about the same size as a King Crab, but its armaments are a mystery. That’s because the team at Harebrained has created it from scratch.

The expansion also promises eight entirely new weapon systems, including a ‘Mech Mortar area-of-effect weapon and a COIL Beam that charges up energy the further the attacker travels before firing. There’s also a miniature campaign that brings players in contact with members of the famed Wolf’s Dragoons.

Heavy Metal is available starting Nov. 21.

edit: Sounds like the Wolf's Dragoons mini-campaign will involve the Bounty Hunter v Natasha Kerensky feud.

SirFozzie fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 19, 2019

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
39th seconds in the trailer is interesting (lists some of the added weapon types)

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 19, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Mortar, snub ppc, inferno rounds, ultras and lbx. Dont stop im almost there

Edit: bullshark is 95t with a thumper cannon:spurt: unnngh yeah there it is

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Yup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqrGKA-wdg is the trailer
new weapon systems

COIL Lasers (Small-Medium-Large)

LB/X Autocannons (2 through 20)

Ultra Autocannons (2 through 20)

Inferno Rounds

TAG

Narc Beacon

Mortar

Snub Nosed PPC

Looks like the Bull Shark as a "Thumper Cannon", whatever THAT is.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I do hope this is part of a general weapons overhaul.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Thumper cannon is a smaller long tom
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Thumper_Cannon

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
They will have a further look at Heavy Metal at 15:30 (I believe that's Central European Time) on the Twitch Stream

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
that's a lot more stuff than i expected

so in addition to the thumper, the bullshark has, what, paired uac2s and lbx10s (or 5s?), plus whatever those shoulder weapons are? edit: it's uac5s and lbx10s, plus two ermls in each side torso

peer fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 19, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So happy i guessed arty for heavy metal

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
PCGamesN has a bit about the Thumper Cannon:

That new mech is the Bull Shark, a beefy assault mech with a deadly ‘thumper cannon’. We got to see this in action in a hands-off demo: it can only fire twice per mission, but it deals big damage across a huge area-of-effect, and can level buildings in a single blast.

I won't be awake for the Twitch stream, hopefully someone else mines that for further details.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well with how the spawns typically are it only needs 2 shots per mission

shas
Jul 27, 2011

with a name like Heavy Metal I was quietly hoping for custom mech creation

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Really cool of HBS to make the Maurader and Warhammer part of the patch rather than the DLC, since those were some of the Mechs promised as part of the Kickstarter before Harmony Gold started loving with them.

E:

quote:

Come face-to-face with two legendary characters from BATTLETECH lore - the Bounty Hunter and the Black Widow of Wolf’s Dragoons. A derelict cargo ship has drifted into the Periphery from deep space; what secrets does it contain, and who will ultimately control its mysterious payload?

A derelict cargo ship that the Wolf's Dragoons are after?

... they're sneaking some ClanTech into the game, aren't they?

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 19, 2019

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Here is something I don't quite understand about the early stages of the campaign: is there any reason to push through the story missions? Does the number of days passing matter so long as I'm not out of money? Because I'm trying to balance between moving along and actually refitting my stock mechs into something usable.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

There is no time crunch in the campaign. You can ignore the story for years without any issues, although I would suggest getting the Argo first.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
There's no time pressure and the priority missions give you big enough paydays to float your operation for some time, so feel free to sit on your rear end refitting.

The campaign is easy enough that you shouldn't need to grind between story missions, though - I suggest saving your mech/gear collection cravings for Career Mode.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I'm coming back to this after sinking 70 hours into it a year ago and burning out- is there enough content in the 2 expansion packs to make the game feel fresh, or should I try RogueTech?

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe
I would just like to announce, officially, that I am loving amped for the thumper. Looking forward to people much smarter than me modding LRMs to barrage an area in a similar way.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That all sounds worth the new campaign I hoped I'd start with the ecm stuff, hell yeah

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Arven posted:

I'm coming back to this after sinking 70 hours into it a year ago and burning out- is there enough content in the 2 expansion packs to make the game feel fresh, or should I try RogueTech?

If you just played campaign mode with the base game before, career mode with the DLCs will give you plenty to do.

Roguetech is also real bad IMO.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

GHOST_BUTT posted:

I would just like to announce, officially, that I am loving amped for the thumper. Looking forward to people much smarter than me modding LRMs to barrage an area in a similar way.

I'm not sure this will need a mod. The Archer apparently comes with a piece of equipment that allows it to target an "area" with its LRMs.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Started career mode with a firestarter and killed an early catapult k2 that overheated close enough for me to :flame: it

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Q_res posted:

I'm not sure this will need a mod. The Archer apparently comes with a piece of equipment that allows it to target an "area" with its LRMs.

:unsmigghh:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

sean10mm posted:

If you just played campaign mode with the base game before, career mode with the DLCs will give you plenty to do.

Roguetech is also real bad IMO.

Roguetech needs some fore knowledge of how it works going in or you'll loving hate it.

The reason being that it's extremely customizable and the mod makers seem to adhere to "Let's make this optional feature that has no bearing on core game play that you can toggle on!" as a design ideology attendant to the whole experience. Not that that's a bad thing! You can have it just be the vanilla game plus lots of cool new items and a dynamic, real time, massively multiplayer galaxy map where planets can change hands due to player action or you can have a massively expanded experience all around. But if you enable the wrong things you're in for a real bad time.

Case in point, it's possible to enable thermonuclear weaponry on the part of nations and as extremely rare drops. These obviously deep fry mechs if they aren't shot down or sent off course with ECM (another feature it has). It also has expanded artillery as another mod option.

Nowhere in the installer that enables these things does it mention that the AI knows how to combine them into a terrifying anti-mech force of mass destruction. If both artillery and nukes are enabled this turns the radar tier of the game (Again, another feature. Stealth works increasingly differently the more tech options you can obtain. I think there's like 3 or so ways of being stealthy, including straight experimental cloaking tech, ECM and counter-radar tech, and just knowing the terrain.) into a stealth driven paranoia fest where if you get detected outside of visual range and there's a nuke in play that mech is just going to get obliterated if you haven't taken precautions.

Last I checked in on the mod they were adding counters to this. For instance, it looked like they were working on adding aircraft like the ones in Mechwarrior Mercenaries. So you could either send a strike bomber in to take out the nuke ahead of the Mechwarriors or just rely on light mechs oriented towards stealthing up to it and melting the thing/spotting for a heavier sniper to do the job. But still, it's the sort of thing you really want extra documentation on. And a chunk of the mod's documentation is on the Roguetech wiki. Which not everyone knows about. :shrug:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 19, 2019

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Arven posted:

Yes, but you might as well hold off for another month for Heavy Metal to come out because then you'll get the 'final' experience.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Roguetech sounds not for me, I'll buy the season pass while it's on sale and wait for Heavy Metal. Thanks!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Awww cmon who doesnt want 57 phases per turn?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It sounds like the roguetech people are trying really really hard to try and get noticed and hired for a badass mod.

But instead it is just a bad mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Did they say if heavy metal will do anything more with the ecm stuff? It felt so half baked