Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Gonna be worse than Vic

Jeff could 100% form a cult with female acolytes willing to stab for you ala Manson

Vic just has his anime club roll call

Then again, Vic's anime club is basically that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it is one to walk the path of God and Anime on your side

it's another to just binge watch it on Crunchyroll

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
You’d think with how the past few years have gone in terms of Me Too that Disney would do some vetting before committing to giving Goldblum his own show on their new streaming service. I’m not siding with Goldblum without any additional information, but there have certainly been murmurs about him for some time and Disney doesn’t strike me as being willing to roll the dice like that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

dirksteadfast posted:

You’d think with how the past few years have gone in terms of Me Too that Disney would do some vetting before committing to giving Goldblum his own show on their new streaming service. I’m not siding with Goldblum without any additional information, but there have certainly been murmurs about him for some time and Disney doesn’t strike me as being willing to roll the dice like that.

You mean like Jeremy Renner?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Or continuing to employ Depp

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You mean like Jeremy Renner?

I thought about that while writing, but Jeff Goldblum’s show looks to be literally “let’s hang out with Jeff Goldblum while he does stuff”. It’d be harder to hand wave that away than the least important Avenger.

(Again, not denying the fact that he could be a creep. Disney cares about money more than values.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

dirksteadfast posted:

I thought about that while writing, but Jeff Goldblum’s show looks to be literally “let’s hang out with Jeff Goldblum while he does stuff”. It’d be harder to hand wave that away than the least important Avenger.

(Again, not denying the fact that he could be a creep. Disney cares about money more than values.)

One of the upcoming shows is Hawkeye.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Won't that one be about the Kate Bishop Hawkeye though?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

AceOfFlames posted:

Won't that one be about the Kate Bishop Hawkeye though?

Last I heard it would have both.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He is the star, Kate has yet to be cast. The plot is Clint training his protege to be the new Hawkeye.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He is the star, Kate has yet to be cast. The plot is Clint training his protege to be the new Hawkeye.

Hailee Steinfeld was cast as Kate.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Rhyno posted:

"Clint died on the way back to his home planet."

There ya go, I'll take my rewrite money in Kroger gift cards Hollywood!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The MCU has done recasting before. Don Cheadle, anyone?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Matt Damon is Hawkeye

Coming to D+

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't think they recasted anyone (who wasn't a CGI face person monster) since Cheadle and Norton, over ten years ago at this point. Recasting now would be pretty jarring. Maybe just cancel the Hawkeye show entirely. Nobody cares*.

*No really, even if you say you care you don't care about Hawkeye.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't think they recasted anyone (who wasn't a CGI face person monster) since Cheadle and Norton, over ten years ago at this point. Recasting now would be pretty jarring. Maybe just cancel the Hawkeye show entirely. Nobody cares*.

*No really, even if you say you care you don't care about Hawkeye.

I care about Kate Bishop, the Good Hawkeye.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't think they recasted anyone (who wasn't a CGI face person monster) since Cheadle and Norton, over ten years ago at this point.

Red Skull and Fandral. Howard Stark, too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Howard Stark wasn't recast so much as two different actors played him at two different ages.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Skwirl posted:

Howard Stark wasn't recast so much as two different actors played him at two different ages.

They also recast him technically but it falls into the same 10 years ago bucket as Terrence Howard

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ImpAtom posted:

I care about Kate Bishop, the Good Hawkeye.

Hawkguy was rad. Just give me Fractions Hawkeye on tv. Maybe cast someone with actual charisma though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I have yet to see this as official, just that they wanted her in the role. The top ten results on Google say she's just their top choice.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Timby posted:

Red Skull and Fandral. Howard Stark, too.

I have no idea who Fandral is. And I was hoping that Red Skull was covered under my CGI face man monster exemption.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It’s not official yet. The most concrete rumor is Slashfilm saying she was offered the role in early September but we’ve heard nothing since then.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have no idea who Fandral is. And I was hoping that Red Skull was covered under my CGI face man monster exemption.

But clearly he's a CGI Heel Man Monster?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Len posted:

Hawkguy was rad. Just give me Fractions Hawkeye on tv. Maybe cast someone with actual charisma though

100%

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Len posted:

I love Joss Whedon insisting on the worst costumes for Captain America in order to be closer to the comics, and then deciding Hawkeye should be married with kids for no real reason.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

I love Joss Whedon insisting on the worst costumes for Captain America in order to be closer to the comics, and then deciding Hawkeye should be married with kids for no real reason.

He was married with kids in ultimates

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Russos planned to move the Hawkeye/Widow romance forward until Whedon cocked things up.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Len posted:

Alan Tudyk! Or Timothy Olyphant! Or Seann William Scott!

And I thought the Steinfeld casting was a done deal, sorry.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

HGTV Host Found Guilty of Molesting Daughter's 10-Year-Old Best Friend
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/hgtv-host-found-guilty-molesting-202514340.html

MIT scientist says Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre was ‘entirely willing’: report
https://nypost.com/2019/09/14/mit-scientist-says-epstein-victim-virginia-giuffre-was-entirely-willing-report/

Billionaire investor's comments about "getting into a girl's pants" spark backlash
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fisher-investments-ken-fisher-billionaires-sexist-comments-spark-outrage-getting-into-a-girls-pants/

News anchor Krystal Ball fires back at Rush Limbaugh after he falsely claims she took nude photos as a teen
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/krystal-ball-rush-limbaugh-nude-photos-teen-false-claim-172734642.html

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I wonder how much better off Louis C.K. would be now if his first film back didn't have a synopsis that read like a defense of Woody Allen. Skimming the plot, I know it's more complicated, but it wasn't a good look.

The timing was a "catastrophic success":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujShZT8_go

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1186356495652253697?s=21

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Great, now I can't enjoy Innerspace like I could earlier.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

As long as they don’t smoke meth like his brother

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Someone older than my father marrying someone young enough I'd get side eye for dating.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

I can't tell whether that's a poo poo-eating grin or whether he got too much botox injections.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
His face looks like it needs to be lanced & drained.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Anonymous John posted:

I can't tell whether that's a poo poo-eating grin or whether he got too much botox injections.

I watched 'Dreamscape' the other day. He's always had a really unpleasant smirk, like a first draft of Harrison Ford.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

I watched 'Dreamscape' the other day. He's always had a really unpleasant smirk, like a first draft of Harrison Ford.

drat if I haven’t been missing this description of him all my life

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

drat if I haven’t been missing this description of him all my life

it's really obvious in Dreamscape for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"In 1 second without looking at the title what movie is this"