Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Numlock posted:

There’s less of them than there were in the previous generations.

True, but all the money is being rapidly concentrated into their hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1184928578288410630?s=20
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1184929458521825280?s=20

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Slowpoke! posted:

Things are happening so fast we can’t even use Scaramuccis as units of time anymore.

The entire time since impeachment was even a rumbling is only about 2 Scarammucis

Prester Jane posted:

True, but all the money is being rapidly concentrated into their hands.
Foolishly, not really. They're concentrating it in fewer and fewer hands. Those hands ARE white, but they're stomping on too many white people in the process.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

:staredog:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Spite posted:

If the democrats were smart they would be all over florida registering displaced puerto ricans and bombing facebook with impeachment ads. I'd have every single trump supporting boomer's feed flooded with anti trump ads until they get fed up and quit the platform.
The Florida Democratic Party is a clusterfuck that would rather have four more years of Trump than elect anyone to the left of Ronald Reagan.

The only people in this state doing any of what you said are DSA, SRA, etc.

Seriously the best candidates the Dems can come up with are former Republicans like Charlie Crist who switched sides after they got primaried by Tea Partiers, and carpetbagging septuagenarian fucks from New Jersey.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 17, 2019

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

If demographics are not headed in the right direction, things are absolutely not going to get better in the long term, not with modern polarization, no. Not without getting a shitload worse first, like Civil War levels.

Demographic change is the reason I can tell other people not to just loving give up. But it's real, and strong, and it's my friend and we MIGHT just get through this.

It would be trivial for Democrats to win national elections if they put forward a candidate that was pushing a coherent ideology and a vision for the future. We don't need demographics to do that, what we need is real leadership.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

ewiley posted:

Lying on polls is just one aspect, it's also the effort required to vote. No absentee ballots? Not enough polling locations? Long lines at polls? People will give up and not vote unless the candidate is hugely inspiring (like people waiting hours to vote for Obama) or they are scared of the alternative.

True, Voter Suppression is a problem and something the Democrats need to focus on fixing. Still, I think the suburbs turning against trump in a PResidental year will be something that voter suppression can't fix.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

TulliusCicero posted:

Until they can't get a date with anyone. Than they become incel losers or grow up when they hit college

The GenZ kids that are giant trump fans ARE incel losers.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"It's so nice to have a corrupt President that is so transparent!" :shepface:

Why the gently caress doesn't the GOP just come out and say "look he helps the rich get richer and puts conservative judges on benches, that's all we need"

They would lose absolutely nothing from doing so

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Prester Jane posted:

It would be trivial for Democrats to win national elections if they put forward a candidate that was pushing a coherent ideology and a vision for the future. We don't need demographics to do that, what we need is real leadership.

I understand that you believe this.

gregday
May 23, 2003

There’s so much poo poo with the Ukraine story and the Turkey story that I forget that the two Giuliani associates were arrested for another completely unrelated crime*

*as far as we know

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1184929536028352513

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

Foolishly, not really. They're concentrating it in fewer and fewer hands. Those hands ARE white, but they're stomping on too many white people in the process.

LOL, so what? Poor conservative whites don't really give a poo poo about how poor they are as long as minorities are socially inferior to them.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

I don't have Gen Z data but this is not true for millenials

E: oh wait poo poo you said white males, you may be right about that

Fire all white people into the sun.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TulliusCicero posted:

"It's so nice to have a corrupt President that is so transparent!" :shepface:

Why the gently caress doesn't the GOP just come out and say "look he helps the rich get richer and puts conservative judges on benches, that's all we need"

They would lose absolutely nothing from doing so

That's the really funny part I think. The GOP is so far past absurd, and their supporters with them, that they no longer need to maintain the charade and yet still do.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was suspended from Twitter for telling Trump to 'Drop Dead', put in my appeal form that Twitter made a mistake being born, "gently caress you and gently caress this website" and about ten minutes later my suspension was overturned.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Prester Jane posted:

LOL, so what? Poor conservative whites don't really give a poo poo about how poor they are as long as minorities are socially inferior to them.
White people who came from middle class families and are now finding themselves poor actually are caring a whole shitload about this.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

I understand that you believe this.

Gore, Kerey, and Hillary all ran as triangulating centrists. How'd that work out for them?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A lot of Republicans are more than happy to reveal they don't know what our laws are and how they work when it comes to Trump's corruption.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

VitalSigns posted:

Personally I am shocked that nonwhite people don't want to vote for the "kill the nonwhites" party.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

theflyingorc posted:

White people who came from middle class families and are now finding themselves poor actually are caring a whole shitload about this.

Some are, sure. Others are giddy at the thought that despite their downward economic movement, brown people are being made to suffer extremely (potatoe potato).

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

What happened exactly that made Gen X so trash, they are almost as bad as the boomers :wtc:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

Gore, Kerey, and Hillary all ran as triangulating centrists. How'd that work out for them?
Gotta do the same thing but harder!

Surely the Baileys will turn out this time!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

VitalSigns posted:

Why are genX minorities worse than other generations, I find that surprising

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Because they got some money while things were getting better and now don't give a gently caress that things are getting worse.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

What happened exactly that made Gen X so trash, they are almost as bad as the boomers :wtc:

They came of age during Reagan.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

DandyLion posted:

Some are, sure. Others are giddy at the thought that despite their downward economic movement, brown people are being made to suffer extremely (potatoe potato).

Great, but with white boomers, all of them were in that second group.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Prester Jane posted:

Lol this guy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Perry resigning

https://mobile.twitter.com/axios/status/1184931059064037376
https://mobile.twitter.com/AriNatter/status/1184924221413253120

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
Wow, Perry has been around since 2016. In Trump administration years that is an eternity

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Turkey isn't going to war with the US, all we needed to do was maintain a skeleton crew of a few dozen American troops in the safe zone to effectively ward off genocide.

Rigel posted:

That choice did not need to be made at all. We could have stayed at minimal cost and Turkey would never, ever have invaded.

But this is policing the world, forever war, etc.

What's the less militant answer that the No More Soldiers, No More Wars crowd would propose that wouldn't just be about as lovely? I don't know what it is, and now we have people on the left sounding like John McCain.

robotsinmyhead posted:

This Turkey invasion thing rings almost word-for-word like Lebensraum in WWII. It's chilling.

If a Democrat did this we'd be hearing about appeasement and Chamberlain forever.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

theflyingorc posted:

They got rich in the first dot com bubble and early 00's boom and money destroyed their minds. Like literally that whole generation went from screaming about the world is watching while throwing tear gas cans at police in Seattle in 1998, to spending hours configuring their Tesla P100D juuuuust right after getting a $200k bonus stock award from their job at Google.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Too old to grow up not taking everything you read on the internet seriously.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

"Now stop asking me about government rules and laws and stuff, and let me get back to my job, which is... *checks notes* Well crap."

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

pkay posted:

Lol this guy.

Obama was a complete charlatan 10 but at least he communicated a coherent ideology and channeled a genuine desire for a better vision of the future. Bernie lays out a very clear vision of the future and has a clear coherent ideology. Look at the amount of support and enthusiasm these individuals have been able to generate amongst leftists.

Now look at Hillary Clinton, a woman who promoted herself is the literal Queen of the status quo. She isn't President because she couldn't Inspire anyone to get out and vote for her, and instead relied on promoting how awful Trump was rather than giving her voters a reason to vote for her.

(The privileged white computer touchers in this thread really just have no relevant life experiences with what actual leadership is- that's my hot take on me this debate.)

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 17, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ralepozozaxe posted:

A lot of Republicans are more than happy to reveal they don't know what our laws are and how they work when it comes to Trump's corruption.

Meanwhile everybody who works for a bank or B2B or really any company over a certain size has to sit through hours of anti-corruption training certifications every goddamn year

To be a Senator? Lol whatever, not my job

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

PoopShipDestroyer posted:

Wow, Perry has been around since 2016. In Trump administration years that is an eternity

that's like 100 Scaramuccis

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Prester Jane posted:

Obama was a complete charlatan 10 but at least he communicated a coherent ideology and channeled a genuine desire for a better vision of the future. Bernie lays out a very clear vision of the future and has a clear coherent ideology. Look at the amount of support and enthusiasm these individuals have been able to generate amongst leftists.

Now look at Hillary Clinton, a woman who promoted herself is the literal Queen of the status quo. She isn't President because she couldn't Inspire anyone to get out and vote for her, and instead relied on promoting how awful Trump was rather than giving her voters a reason to vote for her.

The privileged white computer touchers in this thread really just have no relevant life experiences with what actual leadership is- that's my hot take on me this debate.

There's something to be said for effective and inspirational leadership and the value of providing a vision for the future. Even the Trump/right wing celebrity supporting friends I've talked to have, at one point or another, expressed how the lack of a tangible goal or purpose in life was making it harder for them not to embrace nihilism. And it's a fair point: how many politicians have talked about where we're going, and what they're going to do to ensure that we're going to get there? FYGM isn't proving to be a strong enough prescription for the future.

Data Graham posted:

Meanwhile everybody who works for a bank or B2B or really any company over a certain size has to sit through hours of anti-corruption training certifications every goddamn year

To be a Senator? Lol whatever, not my job

It's pretty strange how legal restrictions and guidelines mean less when you occupy more important positions.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

VitalSigns posted:

milennials also are somewhat less exposed to a constant barrage of far right propaganda from their favorite streamers day in and day out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Has Trump talked of Peace for our time yet?