Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You can, in fact, spell wine opener without wino pener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The Green Mile is not about a prison football team.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Nostradingus posted:

Were you thinking of Escape to Victory?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostradingus posted:

No, that’s the sequel.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

pik_d posted:

Were you thinking of Escape to Victory?

The Longest Yard probably.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Pneub posted:

The Longest Yard probably.

Yeah that makes more sense.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
They're both basically the same movie I think.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't the longest yard a movie about Bruce Willis meeting a dentist after ratting out the mob?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Nahh that's The Whole Nine Yards

The Longest Yard is an English rock band from the 60s with vocalist and harmonica player Keith Relf, drummer Jim McCarty, rhythm guitarist/bassist Chris Dreja and bassist/producer Paul Samwell-Smith.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Queen Combat posted:

Isn't the longest yard a movie about Bruce Willis meeting a dentist after ratting out the mob?

pretty sure that’s the 5th element

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Memento posted:

Nahh that's The Whole Nine Yards

The Longest Yard is an English rock band from the 60s with vocalist and harmonica player Keith Relf, drummer Jim McCarty, rhythm guitarist/bassist Chris Dreja and bassist/producer Paul Samwell-Smith.

Nah, that's The Yardbirds.

The Longest Yard is the headquarters for the Metropolitan Police Service, a territorial police force representing all 32 boroughs of London.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Not only is James Cameron not John Carpenter, John Carpenter* is not John Carpenter** :eyepop:

*) the film-maker
**) the guy who put his finger in Bob Crane***'s butt
***) the guy who starred**** in Hogan's Heroes and got murdered
****) no, not Klink, Hogan

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
So for a while you thought that the director, producer and writer of Halloween and Titanic was accused of killing Bob Crane in 1978?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hipster_Doofus posted:

So for a while you thought that the director, producer and writer of Halloween and Titanic was accused of killing Bob Crane in 1978?

I had no idea who made those films as such and in the movie about Crane they meet at a movie lot, as I recall.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Titanic was James Cameron.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dross posted:

Titanic was James Cameron.

No poo poo. Re-read Jerry's post and you'll see Cameron was included in the mix.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's a two-player mode in the adventure computer video game Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It even says 1-2 players right on the box but the manual doesn't mention it that I can see.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jerry Cotton posted:

There's a two-player mode in the adventure computer video game Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It even says 1-2 players right on the box but the manual doesn't mention it that I can see.

I remember it being weird and feeling underdeveloped... players were rubber banded by sharing a screen, and I think it was just for doing gang war things iirc

basically u didn't miss much

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Was this a feature on the PS2 or was it PC only? I don’t even recall that ever being a thing. Wow.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Was this a feature on the PS2 or was it PC only? I don’t even recall that ever being a thing. Wow.

Oh, I only have the Microsoft Xbox home computer system version so I don't know :shrug: You have to find a hovering thingie to activate it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jerry Cotton posted:

You can, in fact, spell wine opener without wino pener.

Just found my drag king name, thanks.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Picnic Princess posted:

Just found my drag king name, thanks.

Whiskey Dick isn't a good drag synonym.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

I did it on ps2

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Proteus Jones posted:

No poo poo. Re-read Jerry's post and you'll see Cameron was included in the mix.

My fault, I didn’t read those two posts back to back because awful app.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Proteus Jones posted:

No poo poo. Re-read Jerry's post

To be fair this is always a bad idea; reading them once is bad enough

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

On PS2 there was actually a fun glitch where if you decapitated player 1 using player 2s chainsaw, you could play the rest of the game as headless CJ. Up until you reloaded at least.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Don Gato posted:

On PS2 there was actually a fun glitch where if you decapitated player 1 using player 2s chainsaw, you could play the rest of the game as headless CJ. Up until you reloaded at least.

Can youthe second player character still hug and kiss headless CJ?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

All you had to do was not lose your head CJ!!

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
For years I thought the film Breakfast at Tiffany's was directed by someone called Ms Aragon.

As it turns out, the lyrics were

'I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's
She said I think I remember the film
and as I recall I think we both kind of liked it

Not 'by Ms Aragon, I think'

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CityMidnightJunky posted:

For years I thought the film Breakfast at Tiffany's was directed by someone called Ms Aragon.

:hmbol:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Huh. Today I learned that “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” had lyrics. Because I fell asleep every time it was played on the radio.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Huh. Today I learned that “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” had lyrics. Because I fell asleep every time it was played on the radio.

"I want to die in my sleep, listening to Breakfast at Tiffany's, not screaming like my passengers."

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Don Gato posted:

It messed up cutscenes too! CJ's lines would just cut short.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Be thankful. I was about 12 when I realized that American Girl started with the lines 'Well she was an American Girl, raised on promises' and not 'raised by Protestants'.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

:hai: It's the song that made me stop listening to the radio altogether. They played it so drat much, ugh.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Samovar posted:

Be thankful. I was about 12 when I realized that American Girl started with the lines 'Well she was an American Girl, raised on promises' and not 'raised by Protestants'.

Your version's better.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Inceltown posted:

Whiskey Dick isn't a good drag synonym.

Whiskey Richard is a good drag king name though

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whisky Ritchy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jerry Cotton posted:

"I want to die in my sleep, listening to Breakfast at Tiffany's, not screaming like my passengers."

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I was thinking about how "caterpillar treads" and "tank treads" are sort of interchangeable but one is much more used for civilian and the other military. I was then thinking "Hey, wasn't Caterpillar an actual brand of construction equipment back in the day? I wonder where it went because today it's all just CAT and Komatsu and so on"

CAT is short for CATERPILLAR.