Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

This episode rules lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Have Parenti on now you cowards

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

extremely inspired by how matt went from some unemployable midwest pothead to an unemployable midwest pothead living in brooklyn who finally has a platform for sick takes and meeting zizek

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

gh0stpinballa posted:

extremely inspired by how matt went from some unemployable midwest pothead to an unemployable midwest pothead living in brooklyn who finally has a platform for sick takes and meeting zizek

we will look back on this day as a passing of the torch

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

gh0stpinballa posted:

Livin the posters dream

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

This episode rules lmao

Zizek is mostly going through his greatest hits. Not a lot there for Zizek-heads. The bit about his debate with Peterson was really good though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Zizek is mostly going through his greatest hits. Not a lot there for Zizek-heads. The bit about his debate with Peterson was really good though.

Yeah but sometimes you just wanna go and enjoy the hits, like "thish ish the LACUNA" or "ze ideOLogy"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah I haven't listened to a ton of him, enough to sorta get an idea but im not sick of it yet. And the bit about the debate was good

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I never watched that because Peterson sucks to listen to, was it entertaining?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1184971081528086530?s=20

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Goon Danton posted:

Peterson becomes visibly infatuated with Zizek halfway through despite not realizing that he is openly making fun of him. Then Zizek takes over the whole thing and turns it into his personal lecture.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Peterson also revealed he'd never read Zizek and the only Marx was the Manifesto, once in college and once the night before the debate

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Goon Danton posted:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
If I only had time to read 32 of Zizek’s books, which ones

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Centrist Committee posted:

Just watch Pervert's guide to Ideology

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

Have Parenti on now you cowards

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Reading Zizek sucks unless you know enough about continental ideology to even tell what he's complaining about.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Adomian knocks it out of the park again

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

zizek is a "fraud" and a "grifter"

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

It's always weird when I hear actual Zizek speak and remember that all impressions of him aren't exaggerated enough

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
imo if u did a podcast that was lastgirl + marianna horchata + al + random guest, it would outrank chapo

edit: also, include nichael and the other iks and mods. thanks

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

love the post in this thread that says the subreddit doesn't agree with the podcast hosts anymore as if that were somehow a mark against the podcast

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Centrist Committee posted:

First as Tragedy, Then as Farce is accessible and short. I read it after his Peterson debate, and the political half is oddly more relevant today than when it was written a decade ago. The other half is a compilation of the provocative "inverted logic" stuff he's best known for. It addresses a number of social topics, and most notably has a full elaboration of the thinking on immigrants and trans people that get him in trouble.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Finicums Wake posted:

imo if u did a podcast that was lastgirl + marianna horchata + al + random guest, it would outrank chapo

i would listen to this awkward one episode trainwreck just, for cspam knowledge keeper completions sake

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Finicums Wake posted:

:chloe:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finicums Wake posted:

You are insane.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Finicums Wake posted:

bro u just posted cringe, u r going to lose social credit

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Finicums Wake posted:

lol you think they would get anywhere without being born into the ny media power structure?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Bip Roberts posted:

lol you think they would get anywhere without being born into the ny media power structure?

nvm this post is even more cringe

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Finicums Wake posted:

what about me sempai

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
will menaker, failson who terribly worked a job at a NY publisher in a world where no one reads books, ny media power structure nepotism case

matt christman, unemployed Ohioan failson supported by a librarian wife, ny media power structure nepotism case

felix biederman, Chicagoan failson whose lawyer dad died 15 years ago and pursued a productive career in bouncing and garbage collection, ny media power structure nepotism case

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dr. Killjoy posted:

will menaker, failson who terribly worked a job at a NY publisher in a world where no one reads books, ny media power structure nepotism case

matt christman, unemployed Ohioan failson supported by a librarian wife, ny media power structure nepotism case

felix biederman, Chicagoan failson whose lawyer dad died 15 years ago and pursued a productive career in bouncing and garbage collection, ny media power structure nepotism case

they were discovered by power broker and talent scout, bryan quinby

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Finicums Wake posted:

you could be making these up and i would have no idea

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I guess now I can say that Virgil once used to post in FYAD all the time and was a prolific poster

have at it, detective

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

you could be making these up and i would have no idea

todd bonzalez

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

StashAugustine posted:

Peterson also revealed he'd never read Zizek and the only Marx was the Manifesto, once in college and once the night before the debate
I wanna say the only victory Peterson could get over Zizek is if Zizek actually read his books, but Zizek would probably have a grand old time doing it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im actually amber, im sorry for deciving you all

now if you exuse me I have to eat the souls of children and read my favorite book, atlas shrugged

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

T-man posted:

im actually amber, im sorry for deciving you all

now if you exuse me I have to eat the souls of children and read my favorite book, atlas shrugged

i knew it!

partially!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I think Zizek said he watches Dark to feel better. if you haven’t seen it yet, it’s must see. best tv show of the decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I think Zizek said he watches Dark to feel better. if you haven’t seen it yet, it’s must see. best tv show of the decade.

i just caught up with dr. stone and needed something ty