Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
gently caress me I'm more excited to see the ensuing clash than I was for the end of the last Avengers movie

You motherfuckers better save the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
how the hell do the guards not know Audrey

there's no way this is her first time storming the gates shouting stupid poo poo

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

how the hell do the guards not know Audrey

there's no way this is her first time storming the gates shouting stupid poo poo

Mr. Dick imagines Audrey would be a very hands-off kind of minister of foreign affairs.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
After all the wacky monsters, it's kinda jarring to see Thorsby drawing normal horses.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Pistol_Pete posted:

After all the wacky monsters, it's kinda jarring to see Thorsby drawing normal horses.

God, you're right!
Have there been any real live animals so far? Excluding humans and the bear zombie, I guess. Some of those snakes might be based on real ones. Also there was a toad and a parrot in the chapter with the plausible deniability witch.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

The first chapter immediately comes to mind, if you count the glass balls: http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/11/

They might stretch the definition of "real live", though.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Last Visible Dog posted:

The first chapter immediately comes to mind, if you count the glass balls: http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/11/

They might stretch the definition of "real live", though.

A moose and an elephant definitely get out during the subsequent hijinks.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
In which some stabbing happens

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lyndon stopping the snout elves with (barely believable) facts and (really tenuous) logic.

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/421

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug
This is like at the theater when the guy in the seat behind you is whispering loudly everything that's coming up next.

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/422

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/423

Where the gently caress are they hiring these clowns from

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Well give your lucky star a hand job" is the best thing I've read all month.

(i just started trixie)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
That giant cooked fly is kinda grossing me out.

Given the setting, you just know it was able to talk while it was alive.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I guess this is the crux of the problem.

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/424

Anyone want to figure out how they solve it?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Convince the ambassador that he is in a simulated universe. If they can swap out the Scepter of Death with a facsimile, or otherwise stop it from working when he touches it, any minor setback will convince him to kill himself.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Apocron posted:

That's an amazing assortment of items to construct plans with, it feels like the beginning of a lateral thinking puzzle.

Still... unless Lyndon has some secret spell, about the only idea I can think of is to roll a dice and pick a plan randomly so the Ambassador can't reliably predict it. Or somehow trick him into thinking he's still in a simulation?

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Apocron posted:

Once they're in a position to see him touching the sceptre, their simulated selves need to figure out that the sceptre didn't actually fail and then switch to a different plan to hide their real-life plan.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Come up with a plan that's too complicated to describe in the 6 (I think?) seconds before death.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
It's very un-Audrey, but if they planned to take out the ambassador in a non-lethal manner (and prevent him from killing himself), then he shouldn't be able to use the scepter to tell himself the future.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Or arrange it so that the only vision he gest is "You die bound and gagged and blindfolded"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
What ever the solution, it'll turn out to be fiendishly convoluted and at the same time, completely obvious with hindsight. Thorsby rules.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Eeevil posted:

Once they're in a position to see him touching the sceptre, their simulated selves need to figure out that the sceptre didn't actually fail and then switch to a different plan to hide their real-life plan.

Ah so

If simulated universe: Plan A
If you hear Ambassador say plan A then do plan B.

The only problem is that if he touches the scepter again before you execute plan B then you’re back to square 1.

I kinda like the idea of another trip into the simulated universe though.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

uvar posted:

That's an amazing assortment of items to construct plans with, it feels like the beginning of a lateral thinking puzzle.

Pistol_Pete posted:

What ever the solution, it'll turn out to be fiendishly convoluted and at the same time, completely obvious with hindsight. Thorsby rules.

This is so on-brand for Thorsby that I'm gonna say it's a deliberate fake-out. He knows he's conditioned us to see an assortment of random objects as the beginning of a clever puzzle.

But the rule Lyndon just gave Audrey is "he can stop us because he'll know any plan we make." So Audrey is 100% going to conclude that they can't make a plan, they just have to murder everyone too fast for the guy to touch the scepter.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"Audrey killed us all with the knifes, but there was not real way to avoid her fury, or run away in time since this happens in 10 seconds. Well, poo poo."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Find out if you live in the simulated universe. If so, escape, and focus on learning hypnosis/charm magic/mind control. Then hypnotize/charm/mind control the ambassador in telling himself something completely wrong that will give you an edge and kill himself immediately after.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

"Audrey killed us all with the knifes, but there was not real way to avoid her fury, or run away in time since this happens in 10 seconds. Well, poo poo."

"She slashed my throat, so the message from my future self was just 'gurgle, gurgle, gurgle'."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shove Zoozo's spare hat on his head so he can't see where he is when he dies. Maybe gag him as well?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

super sweet best pal posted:

Shove Zoozo's spare hat on his head so he can't see where he is when he dies. Maybe gag him as well?

That still tells him that his current plan failed and he needs to do something else.

I like the idea of tricking him into thinking he's in a simulation so he kills himself trying to send a message, although it's easier said than done.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Snake Maze posted:

That still tells him that his current plan failed and he needs to do something else.

I like the idea of tricking him into thinking he's in a simulation so he kills himself trying to send a message, although it's easier said than done.

Just wait till nightfall and make him think that all stars suddenly vanish.
That has to come up in some way again. I bet there is a pacifist spell for that. Lyndon immediately loses it because a dung beetle gets misdirected and stubs its toe.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 20, 2019

maltesh
May 20, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

Just wait till nightfall and make him think that all stars suddenly vanish.
That has to come up in some way again. I bet there is a pacifist spell for that. Lyndon immediately loses it because a dung beetle gets misdirected and stubs its toe.

Does Real Lyndon know that the stars go out in a simulated universe?

Hell, does Real Lyndon even know that the Scepter doesn't support recursion?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lyndon is pretty smart. He's just also very stupid.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/425

fogged again!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's been so long since we've seen Klara do something. I missed her competence.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Of course the Thorsby version of a Chekov's gun would be a weird bug.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
That bug was intended as a a meal, right? What happens if you eat the legs and the abdomen?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

That bug was intended as a a meal, right? What happens if you eat the legs and the abdomen?

Fart jokes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Laputanmachine posted:

Maybe it's like smoking for him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/426

Klara's just as badass as Audrey. Maybe moreso.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Of course Klara knows about Torgeir Lykke's slime ducts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You know. Klara seems more competent than Audrey in most thing, except for murder. And it seems she's competent at that too.

Audrey's just a murder savant though.