Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I sometimes boot up Freelancer and give it a whirl. It was always a stupidly fun game. Another one of those in a more realised star system would be pretty neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VideoGames posted:

I sometimes boot up Freelancer and give it a whirl. It was always a stupidly fun game. Another one of those in a more realised star system would be pretty neat!

i admit i got suckered into backing the original star citizen kickstarter because this is what i assumed was what we were going to get instead of some kind of multi million dollar spaceship .jpg pyramid scheme

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is an angry page.

Post nerds flipping the gently caress out over dumb poo poo ITT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eTodlMSpXg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

Your posts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dumb poo poo is very important

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Does anyone remember after NMS first flopped and someone went to their registered studio address and it was just some tiny, abandoned building in an industrial park?

I'd just assumed they had ran with the initial hype money. But they've now pretty much rebuilt the game??

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Speaking of weekends I get to have mine cut short by a day because I have to travel for work next week on Sunday (and then work basically 1.5x long days all next week). And I get to be around the people that stay on Martha's Vineyard in the off-season, which is basically the rich people who live there the whole year. They suck. Hate this job so much. Finally going to put my résumé in order and start applying for new jobs soon.

Amp fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 18, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

This is an angry page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eTodlMSpXg

lmao

That pubbie's a hero

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I derive no joy from people getting mad at things anymore, just be happy & chill frens

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

i admit i got suckered into backing the original star citizen kickstarter because this is what i assumed was what we were going to get instead of some kind of multi million dollar spaceship .jpg pyramid scheme

that and 50% wing commander, which i should point out was also a long empty genre void begging to be filled in my life, up until i picked up ace combat 7 a month or so back and found out it fits about 90% of the bill

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
all this spacegame talk makes me want to start up elite dangerous when i get home later

edit: and also buy a HOTAS

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If I don't flip your over dumb poo poo what am I supposed to flip out about

Don't say nothing

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

trying to think if there was ever a space game i cared about

i remember playing captain blood on that old dos computer i had, but that was less enjoyment and more trying to figure out what the hell that game's deal was.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

all this spacegame talk makes me want to start up elite dangerous when i get home later

edit: and also buy a HOTAS

mouse and keyboard is so good for elite dangerous i feel as though the many goons in the elite dangerous thread proper boasting of their fully fledged battlepod rigs with joysticks and foot pedals border on the dangerously obsessive and may be evidence of what happens to a star citizen dream deferred

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkKQcta_lNc

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Phantasium posted:

trying to think if there was ever a space game i cared about

i remember playing captain blood on that old dos computer i had, but that was less enjoyment and more trying to figure out what the hell that game's deal was.

Mario Galaxy

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I don't know if any are left

http://retro-bit.com/Gamepink

I copped the Genesis usb controller to go with my snes controller on switch

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

mouse and keyboard is so good for elite dangerous i feel as though the many goons in the elite dangerous thread proper boasting of their fully fledged battlepod rigs with joysticks and foot pedals border on the dangerously obsessive and may be evidence of what happens to a star citizen dream deferred

Yeah, I like M+KB for elite dangerous enough, but have wanted a HOTAS since I was a teen and playing Combat Flight Sim 3. I want to do plane stuff and space stuff. i'm the person who looks at the dcs games with starry eyes because of how many switches i get to flip.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

Going to a tequila tasting festival, gonna be\get lit

nonono you're not supposed to drink and get lit at the same time

FirstAidKite posted:

KCB and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary, gonna head to a ren faire and have fun hopefully. We're leaving tomorrow morning and I'm nervous as gently caress right now though, just a general mixture of excitement and anxiety of "what if I ruin everything" and "what if everything is bad"

We've gotta do some minor packing for it but thankfully that shouldn't take too long, just gotta pack up meds, hygiene stuff, clothing, tickets, that kinda thing. I'm feeling like a mess right now, I'm hoping my the anxiety will tire my brain out soon so I can just pass out and hope for the best because right now the worst thing is the waiting.

that's awesome, congratulations! i went to a ren faire last weekend and it was a lot of fun, i hope y'all see lots of fun costumes and cool shops

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Speaking of weekends I get to have mine cut short by a day because I have to travel for work next week on Sunday (and then work basically 1.5x long days all next week). And I get to be around the people that stay on Martha's Vineyard in the off-season, which is basically the rich people who live there the whole year. They suck. Hate this job so much. Finally going to put my résumé in order and start applying for new jobs soon.

hell yeah, good luck

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Looper posted:

nonono you're not supposed to drink and get lit at the same time

i beg your pardon

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

It's absolutely not necessary to play Elite with HOTAS but it makes me feel cooler which is the most important part of a space game. Plus I already have one due to playing so much Freespace 2 stuff.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

I think everyone who originally signed up did. Glad I never heard about it until well after the tens of thousands of dollars fiasco!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only starship i am interested in is this starship we share called Earth, and also a lot of the star wars ships are dope

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/nakamura193/status/1185203513543933953

Okami is coming back.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

all these people forgetting okamiden

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

okamiden itself was released nearly 10 years ago

also hooray, i loved okami

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Looper posted:

It's for the best. Okamiden retconned so much stuff and undid so many character moments from the first game that I'd really rather it never be mentioned again. It even got Shiranui completely wrong.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I replayed Okami on the Switch last year and it is still Good. It shows it's age as a 13 year old PS2 game in some ways but it's still beautiful and fun, thumbs up if you've never played it before.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
The PC HD version on Steam is also solid, and the calligraphy stuff is very easy with a mouse.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

I'm part of a secretive and deadly cabal that ensures that Freespace 2 will be the last good space game ever made, and if Star Citizen ever stops sabotaging itself we intend to pick up the torch.

Don't people like those Rebel Galaxy games

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looper posted:

Okamiden was terrible and should be forgotten.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

YAY :dance:

okami is my favorite game of all time

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the main thing i remember about okamiden was i missed a single enemy type filling out the bestiary in my playthrough causing me to be disqualified from getting the super mode weapon in my ng+ run and that was annoying

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Forget okami, what is Nakamura doing?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Forget okami, what is Nakamura doing?

She left her previous position so I'm guessing she's working with Platinum at least for this game. Sucks about Evil Within and such not being made with her but I'm excited for a new Okami.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

She worked on the og okami, but do we know if she reupped with PG?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
guys i don't think we're actually getting a new okami

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

Kamiya would never lie to me in a funny twitter video

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looper posted:

They made RE2Make and DMC5 and they were both good, so I'm not sure what to expect Capcom to do at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mr E posted:

They made RE2Make and DMC5 and they were both good, so I'm not sure what to expect Capcom to do at this point.

Dragon's Dogma 2