Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Donut posted:

Bought it straight away, just sat down to play it andddddddd........Windows 10 only.

Hooray! Have had to refund. I go cry now.

Yeah this is pretty lame and the dev isnt giving a straight answer whats up either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Nosfereefer posted:

Okay so I gather that we're those horse guys in KoDP. Never realized how unwashed the Orlathis are.

Yup we are the ancestors of the Horse-Spawn. Those drat Rams with their sheep and weird looking cows.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Is the PC identical to the iOS version?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Captain Monkey posted:

Is the PC identical to the iOS version?

I haven't been able to play a game on PC yet but from following the chatter on discord it seems to be the same gameplay-wise, but the UI is adjusted slightly to account for having a mouse and keyboard instead of phone screen

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One of the artists who worked in physical media is selling her original artwork used in Six Ages:

https://katiecrimespree.imgbb.com/

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Had to refund my copy sadly-even though I have Windows 10, the game started up in a blank screen:

Most unfortunate, I was looking forwards to this game. :sigh:

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
playing the game and it is good. couldn't tell you what horses are actually for though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

1 Horse=4 Cows in terms of price, also you want horses for your nobles and soldiers otherwise you are a horseless nerd who nobody likes :smug:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
you're riders not walkers you gotta have horses

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
it seems like you need a lot less than the ~300 horses you start out with? i'm going to assume that skirmishers need horses as well but even still. this might also be somewhat affected by the new variable difficulty setting which on 'normal' is perhaps a bit less harsh of a resource game than kodp? the horse people have a somewhat unintuitive society on the whole since they ride horses but are also pretty sedentary.

Zane fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 19, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every single one of your soldiers rides a horse to battle iirc

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

You can’t get to gently caress you levels of food in this game, whereas in King of Dragon Pass you could solve food issues by mid-game and have fat stacks of food to trade for cattle.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I managed to get fat stacks of goods through trade until a meteor blew it all up along with my trading shrine

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Getting a gently caress ton of goods seems to be the only thing going right for my clan. Between crafters and markets I'm bringing in about 175 a year which I can reinvest in shrines and trade for the cattle that I keep losing in raids. I don't understand the combat system at all, even with most of the combat blessings and better numbers I still keep losing. It doesn't help that every time I raid I win I get about 20 cattle, but lose 40-60 ever time I'm raided, even with most of the fortifications. Ditto for dreamquests, I'm generally unsure what I'm doing wrong.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Combat depends heavily on your combat leader so train up a good one early. Also somebody figured out the rock paper scissors aspect of the tactics when the game came out on iOS, I'm sure if you look around you can find it.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Rituals get a lot easier if you give a close read to the myth your re-enacting and copying it step by step

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

JustaDamnFool posted:

Rituals get a lot easier if you give a close read to the myth your re-enacting and copying it step by step

Eh, the rituals have an opaque system based on the myth and the skills of the quester, where if you have a highly skilled quester and pick the wrong option even if it matches the myth, it’ll still gently caress you.

The rituals are key but it’s really hard to figure them out in-game so wikiing was much more fun for me.

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

Ask me about Verethragna!

andrew smash posted:

Also somebody figured out the rock paper scissors aspect of the tactics when the game came out on iOS, I'm sure if you look around you can find it.

The table should be in the manual.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
this thread got moved into the mobile forum less than a week after it came out on PC

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
should be returned to main games forum imo.

finished my own first game. it was fun to belatedly realize, since i only vaguely know the lore, that i was helping to inaugurate the original elmal and orlanth buddy myth. i had a relandar dude in my circle--god of advice and teaching--who made the right call about almost everything; including changing traditions when necessary. the one exception was when it came to approving of all of beren's shenanigans with redalda. sort of odd. i'm glad i chose to arbitrarily ignore him that one time.

Zane fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 20, 2019

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

tuyop posted:

Eh, the rituals have an opaque system based on the myth and the skills of the quester, where if you have a highly skilled quester and pick the wrong option even if it matches the myth, it’ll still gently caress you.

The rituals are key but it’s really hard to figure them out in-game so wikiing was much more fun for me.

Yeah if the Myth says the god killed the hell out of the monster in single combat and you try to get your weak but charismatic leader guy to do it chances are it won't go well :v:. There are probably behind the scenes bonuses to success if you can follow the myth exactly but really you should try and do what your guy is good at if the option is available. It might even end up getting you something good out of it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think it worked the same way for kodp but the bonuses for following the myth were bigger so you only wanted to deviate in extreme cases. Or at least, that's how it felt

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I think it worked the same way for kodp but the bonuses for following the myth were bigger so you only wanted to deviate in extreme cases. Or at least, that's how it felt

Sending a trickster on the Humaktl quest and having them steal the sword from Eurmal just seemed so right!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

this thread got moved into the mobile forum less than a week after it came out on PC

Somebody must've failed a heroquest. :argh:

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

crazypeltast52 posted:

Sending a trickster on the Humaktl quest and having them steal the sword from Eurmal just seemed so right!

Similarly having a too-strong quester do Orlanth and Aroka and just punch daga's head off instead of fleeing was very funny

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Launching a legal claim against the cube and/or suing ghosts remain some of my favorite parts of the game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Nosfereefer posted:

Okay so I gather that we're those horse guys in KoDP. Never realized how unwashed the Orlathis are.

Were the ancestors of those horse guys.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

crazypeltast52 posted:

Launching a legal claim against the cube and/or suing ghosts remain some of my favorite parts of the game.

suing ghosts is like the one thing that seems to be the pervasive thing about Dragon Pass that gets passed around the public knowledge base when people talk about it. I only started playing it because of that actually not realizing i was jumping into a completely different world. It was a neat learning experience :v:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
That's one of the best thing about the setting, learning that you've got new rules to play by and trying to apply real world western knowledge won't work

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

JustaDamnFool posted:

I think this applies more to KoDP than RltW, where the questions are less about what the quester does and more about what approach they take and why, so you have to get into the gods' mindset and and figure out their reasoning.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh btw anyone got an idea how to make it run in windowed mode and not full screen?

tombom
Mar 8, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

Oh btw anyone got an idea how to make it run in windowed mode and not full screen?

Hold alt while loading or press alt-enter in game

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Davincie posted:

Yeah this is pretty lame and the dev isnt giving a straight answer whats up either

I would guess that the PC version uses the Universal Windows Platform API.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey goons,

I am gonna try streaming and would like some peeps to play along at home :)

https://www.twitch.tv/griddead

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
"Dear Cosmo. Should I still be angry about elves if my god hosed one?"

Anyways, I think I'm enjoying this more than the KotDP (probably mostly due to interface tweaks). I raided the Rams on behalf of some ghosts, got a ring noble murdered in a godquest and probably screwed my chances of Taming the River after I wouldn't let a dragonman eat my horse. Good times.

E: Nevermind, tamed the river anyway. And then forced a young couple to drown themselves in it.

RedSnapper fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 24, 2019

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I sent some warriors to a clan of wheels we don't like to capture someone for a torture ritual. They failed but on the way back came across some guy from another clan, so we just took him and tortured him to death.

Some Ram people came by to buy horses but were later offended when they figured out they couldn't ride them. Stupid Orlanthi.

Grevling fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 24, 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi I'm doing a completely blind Let's Play of Six Ages: Ride like the Wind

:siren: Click the Duck! Do it now! :siren:

Years ago I ran a pretty popular LP of The King of Dragon Pass. Six Ages is the spiritual successor and I'll be keeping things extremely similar to last time, which is hopefully funny and entertaining.

I very rarely do LPs so I hope you will enjoy it.

If you would like to read the 2 previous threads, to get an idea of what you're in for, you can find them here:
- The King of Dragon Pass - You will regret this aka Why you don't gently caress with the ducks
- The King of Dragon Pass - Looks like we did regret that aka Too Many Quests

Are you ready for a miracle?

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Grevling posted:

I sent some warriors to a clan of wheels we don't like to capture someone for a torture ritual. They failed but on the way back came across some guy from another clan, so we just took him and tortured him to death.

Had that option, but didn't take it. I try to keep it civil with fellow riders (please ignore the occasional raid on the Sky Racers and tampering in Gryphon clan leader election) since, after finally getting the drat river to calm down, I have three perfectly fine Ram clans to bother. The downside is having to deal with an average of three enemy raids per fire season (and usually another raid or two in dark), but such is life..

e: Beat it today, narrowly avioding a downward spiral after the meteorite event. The endgame itself seemed a bit underwhelming, and much less involved than KoDP. I didn't have to complete all the godquests (didn't even learn all legends). It was basically "talk to the Ram clan about marriage, get permission from the gods, do the godquest after the wedding".

Bottom line: game good, will play many times again.

RedSnapper fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 27, 2019

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I finished a run of the PC version a little bit ago, and I've been reading some of the Glorantha tabletop books for added context. Am I right that this game is supposedly happening before the beginning of Time? It feels like that should come into play somehow, unless Time isn't really as important as the lore seems to imply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
It will start to matter a whole lot more in the next two or so games presuming they get finished. But the distinction of before and after time does seem to matter more to the gods than to people in these games. I'm pretty sure your ring members will say something to that effect in one of the events involving the gods, actually.