Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm guessing that the federal police saw that the mafia was better outfitted than they were and said "yeah, gently caress this, I like my head and limbs exactly where they are."

There’s a video of the narcos going to a toll operated by the military. Dudes just shook the narcos’ hands and left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ah, so they too read art of the deal

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

colachute posted:

There’s a video of the narcos going to a toll operated by the military. Dudes just shook the narcos’ hands and left.

Ah. Well, that was my second assumption but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I basically knew everything on this front page, but it's kind of shocking to see it all laid out, graphically, with pictures and descriptions of everyone involved.

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1185152875695095808?s=19

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

facialimpediment posted:

I basically knew everything on this front page, but it's kind of shocking to see it all laid out, graphically, with pictures and descriptions of everyone involved.

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1185152875695095808?s=19

I wish this was our paper

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

facialimpediment posted:

I think Donnie has a rare type of brain worm that causes everyone in his general orbit to get the worms too.
The brain worm is tax cuts and deregulation.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It is absolutely critical that everyone watch this with sound on.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/oscar_saucedo1/status/1185160251495989248?s=21

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Is that one of those cartel-made armored vehicles speeding by at 11 seconds in the video?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Scope posted:

Is that one of those cartel-made armored vehicles speeding by at 11 seconds in the video?

Looks like it yeah.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MA-Horus posted:

Godholio just a minor correction, there were only 2 Yamato class BBs.

Shinano was converted into a terrible CV and sunk on her maiden voyage.

Very true, totally forgot about that.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MA-Horus posted:

Godholio just a minor correction, there were only 2 Yamato class BBs.

Shinano was converted into a terrible CV and sunk on her maiden voyage.

And yet they still live as big tidde anime girls

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They're better equipped and outfitted than most militaries.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

They're better equipped and outfitted than most militaries.

Overhead is lower when you don't have to use lobbyists and a political process to disguise that your purpose is to protect the monied interests.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/BoldlyBuilding2/status/1185073862356230144

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The cartels also hire current and former military, and send their members to join the police/military to learn military tactics in addition to being inside guys.

It's impressive really.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is creepy

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

*Model explodes into a million pieces of shrapnel.
"LOST FINGAT!"

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
There's some really awful tweets coming out of Sinaloa of massacred Mexican Federal Police and military. Really bad poo poo. Guys with multiple bullet wounds and a couple who were probably wounded and were shot execution style in the head.

gently caress.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bored As gently caress posted:

There's some really awful tweets coming out of Sinaloa of massacred Mexican Federal Police and military. Really bad poo poo. Guys with multiple bullet wounds and a couple who were probably wounded and were shot execution style in the head.

gently caress.

Crime pays. No easy solution.

Besides legalizing it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Uh... :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Also:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185219641972539392

The President of the United States, pushing for an "ultimate solution", you say?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185220552254017537

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

holy poo poo

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I think those guys need to take their Payday cosplay a little less seriously.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Give it like 18 months and you'll see video games and movies with costumes exactly like that.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A Bad Poster posted:

Give it like 18 months and you'll see video games and movies with costumes exactly like that.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

I haven't played any of the paydays lately but I would assume those are cosmetic unlocks.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
donk donk

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1185232210246410241?s=19

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

LingcodKilla posted:

Crime pays. No easy solution.

Besides legalizing it.

The War on Drugs is a resounding success and isn’t at all directly responsible for funneling American dollars into the pockets of the cartels

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

The cartels also hire current and former military, and send their members to join the police/military to learn military tactics in addition to being inside guys.

It's impressive really.

some south american SF units that were trained by US through things like school of the americas to fight the commies joined the cartels as entire units.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

some south american SF units that were trained by US through things like school of the americas to fight the commies joined the cartels as entire units.

I've been tired of winning for decades

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I think it was Los Zetas that started off as a Mexican SF team undercover in one of the other cartels and decided they’d just go indie and start their own cartel up

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1185203703529295872?s=19

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

I think it was Los Zetas that started off as a Mexican SF team undercover in one of the other cartels and decided they’d just go indie and start their own cartel up

Yeah but there were other units in the rest of south america that got hired on as well

edit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaibiles these guys

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 18, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
our chief export is violence

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

I can't recall if it was this thread (in one of it's earlier iterations) or another GIP thread, but there was a discussion about Midway and a recommendation to read Shattered Sword. I finally sat down and read it, and it's reactivated my trap card for WW2 Pacific history.

So, with that in mind: THIS IS NEAT: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rv-petrel-battle-midway-kaga-wreck-aircraft-carrier-ww2-paul-allen-a9161481.html
The Kaga, one of the four Japanese carriers sunk during Midway, was just discovered in (generally) one piece on the ocean floor. The final resting place of the other three Japanese carriers sunk at Midway, the Akagi, Hiryu, and Soryu, remain undiscovered.

Wombot fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 18, 2019

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

trump keeps claiming no quid pro quo because he doesn't know what it loving means, so its basically entrapment

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Vasudus posted:

It's impressive really.

I'm more surprised that doesn't happen more in the US, given how many people we've cycled through the forever wars. Ditto for how little judges and prosecutors are targeted when they give out multi decade sentences like candy.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm more surprised that doesn't happen more in the US, given how many people we've cycled through the forever wars. Ditto for how little judges and prosecutors are targeted when they give out multi decade sentences like candy.

Something something police something something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

they get jobs protecting CEOs