Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ngl i got mad as gently caress at that spiteful slash at Yoriichi's corpse.

also it's interesting to me that akaza has been the only upper moon so far to have a...regrettable, I guess, end; given that i don't think it's unfair that you go into this arc wanting him to get his

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

The pathos in the manga is wonderful! What a good manga!! I will sorely miss this when it is done, but I am so happy that it has existed in the first place.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh Snapple! posted:

ngl i got mad as gently caress at that spiteful slash at Yoriichi's corpse.

also it's interesting to me that akaza has been the only upper moon so far to have a...regrettable, I guess, end; given that i don't think it's unfair that you go into this arc wanting him to get his

Akaza was probably the only Upper Moon to be sympathetic outside of Daki.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is remarkably consistent with the characters themselves.

https://twitter.com/suupicy/status/1182499216591073282

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I do EMPATHIZE with Kokushibou, if not sympathize. He's pretty much the pinnacle of Muzan's ability to bring out and amplify the very worst in others.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are leaking (actual spoilers here): Yeah, it was obvious for Muichiro but Genya and Muichiro are 100% dead confirmed and it's really sad. Genya is still mostly demonified by his ability so he turns to dust.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers are leaking (actual spoilers here): Yeah, it was obvious for Muichiro but Genya and Muichiro are 100% dead confirmed and it's really sad. Genya is still mostly demonified by his ability so he turns to dust.
And that fuckin sucks for who was almost the fourth musketeer. :rip:

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Fabricated posted:

Genya deserved better, drat it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
On more upbeat news, Kimetsu no Yaiba is possibly on track to outsell One Piece this year.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Whoever decided to make the creator skip to the final battle must be kicking himself in the unemployment line.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Silly theory: Gotouge says "gently caress it" and KnY becomes a generational tale a-la JoJo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Whoever decided to make the creator skip to the final battle must be kicking himself in the unemployment line.
It was selling perfectly well on average before it got an anime so it doesn't even make sense that it got nudged towards the exits when it did.

I mean, there's no way anyone could've expected this level of response but still

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wark Say posted:

Silly theory: Gotouge says "gently caress it" and KnY becomes a generational tale a-la JoJo.

It's going to turn into an Inosuke spin off.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Wark Say posted:

Maybe not generational, but I definitely feel like the series won't end at Muzan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's literally no story after muzan dies so idk how it could. guess we'll see tho

maybe nezuko wouldn't be cured still but who would the enemy be at that point? it's shonen so they need a bad guy to punch. making it nezuko would be lame and muzan's the strongest demon. maybe they could do something with that transformation some of the upper moons almost did

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 18, 2019

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Manatee Cannon posted:

there's literally no story after muzan dies so idk how it could. guess we'll see tho

turns out humans were the real demons

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You could get into why some medicine man had a medicine that can turn people into immortal reality bending monsters in it's incomplete form

The threat of a completed medicine existing would be a huge deal depending on who got their hands on it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mostly just want to see Gotouge try to do more stories. Despite some shortcomings, I still got hella invested because Tanjirou and co were just that charming. Doubly so now with Natsuki Hanae voicing our very good boy and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka just being a perfect casting for the pig boyBOAR LAD.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mangadex.org/chapter/730334/1

Christ this loving chapter.

I really did not believe that Genya would die since he was among Tanjiro's peers, so now I feel like anyone can die now.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/730334/1

Christ this loving chapter.

I really did not believe that Genya would die since he was among Tanjiro's peers, so now I feel like anyone can die now.

I wasn't exactly expecting him to die but at the same time his vertical bisection made it really, really hard for me to see how he'd survive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roland Jones posted:

I wasn't exactly expecting him to die but at the same time his vertical bisection made it really, really hard for me to see how he'd survive.

I thought he would eat Upper One's Remains.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this chapter's left me even more convinced that the series is ending soon

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Brutal chapter.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamm, I hope the anime continues up to this point because I'm certain that Kawanishi, Okarin and both Tomokazus are going to loving deliver and I'm going to bawl.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roland Jones posted:

I was thinking that Sanemi would sacrifice himself and give his blood to Genya and that it would somehow heal Genya cause they're family + Sanemi has special blood.

I'm just really surprised because usually in this sorta stuff it's always the elder sibling / parental figure / mentor who sacrifices themselves to save the younger generation, but Kimetsu doesn't really have that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I was thinking that Sanemi would sacrifice himself and give his blood to Genya and that it would somehow heal Genya cause they're family + Sanemi has special blood.

I'm just really surprised because usually in this sorta stuff it's always the elder sibling / parental figure / mentor who sacrifices themselves to save the younger generation, but Kimetsu doesn't really have that.

Flame AND Insect my dude

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I figured Tokito was dead but I didn't expect them to kill Genya too. They really just killed 2 important characters in one chapter and tried to stuff the emotional impact of both of them into 15 pages. I'm not feeling this one, sorry. This arc is messy as hell and I find it hard to care about these characters dropping like flies at this point, even when I really liked them before.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
We already knew that Tokito was almost certainly going to die, though, for at least a chapter or two. Pretty sure it was explicitly stated at least once, and I think similar was suggested about Genya too now that I think about it. This chapter gave us the "dying/afterlife sad stuff" bits, but those two actually being dead seems like it was meant to be pretty clear.

I guess the author figured that being vertically bisected was more obviously fatal than a lot of us (myself included) apparently believed.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gotouge obviously took notes from Kubo when it comes to fatality by sword.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I figured Tokito was dead but I didn't expect them to kill Genya too. They really just killed 2 important characters in one chapter and tried to stuff the emotional impact of both of them into 15 pages. I'm not feeling this one, sorry. This arc is messy as hell and I find it hard to care about these characters dropping like flies at this point, even when I really liked them before.

I mean, I feel bad but not as sad as I could have been since IDR parts of their backstories. Still not over Rengoku and the entire train arc as One of the Saddest Anime Moments.

I hope Giyuu lives though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think this week's Jump is early, just fyi.

Spoilers showing up: Muzan has metabolized the medicine the doctor lady shoved into him and transformed, he kills her, and kills one of the crows trying to spy his location. Tanjirou and Giyuu get the news about Tokito and Genya. The redshirt slayers have been massacred.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/hey_esmith/status/1187445117562408960

I'm hyped for his appearance in the anime in ... a few yrs.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

I think this week's Jump is early, just fyi.
Oh jeez! :ohdear:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
New chapter. On mobile so no link. But.

:cry:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

https://mangadex.org/chapter/734932/1

not a fan of the final form. he lost some kind of ineffable aristocrat quality i can't put my finger on that made muzan feel distinct to me

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's the fedora.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

leave the fedora gotouge you coward

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I see that Muzan has donned his [ NEVERLAND REQUIEM ] form.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn. Just... gently caress. :qq:

All the slayers, the crows, Muichirou and Genya being confirmed dead. Ms. Tamayo. Goddammit Muzan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I feel like Demon Slayer has been the overall realtime fastest I went from "oh hey this is pretty good!" to "well, I think I'm done reading this" with any shonen series with how this is going. Granted, it's well into its life cycle and when it's almost done, so I guess good work on that?