Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Some Numbers posted:

At the very very end, the game will basically tell you to grind and immediately give you a new area perfect for it.

Though it’s not really necessary from when I played.

The the trails games aren’t particularly hard no matter the part or series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

pretty much every character in trails 3 (except josette, haw haww) eventually gains a power level of "Yes" so it's not like you'll be short for choice

and zane, they took away his lolbusted sky kick

I mean he can still punch people for 5000 damage but it's not the same as when he was shredding walter in like 3 turns

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though it’s not really necessary from when I played.

The the trails games aren’t particularly hard no matter the part or series

i'm playing on hard and the bosses really, really do not gently caress around in 3rd

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yinlock posted:

and zane, they took away his lolbusted sky kick

I mean he can still punch people for 5000 damage but it's not the same as when he was shredding walter in like 3 turns

i'm playing on hard and the bosses really, really do not gently caress around in 3rd

Ah your playing on hard, yeah that probably changes things.

I only bothered with that on CS

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ah your playing on hard, yeah that probably changes things.

I only bothered with that on CS

sky is pretty manageable in general on hard, the only rough patch is at the beginning of SC where kurt is straight-up unbeatable unless you've prepared enough cookies

that sentence is as stupid as it is true

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Well, let us know when you get to THAT boss.
And I don't mean the cannon things.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

OddObserver posted:

Well, let us know when you get to THAT boss.
And I don't mean the cannon things.

the cannons weren't so bad, the main issue was that they had an instant death attack which was solved by sending mueller into the dogpile with a skull pendant

that man can take hits forever

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Yinlock posted:

the cannons weren't so bad, the main issue was that they had an instant death attack which was solved by sending mueller into the dogpile with a skull pendant

that man can take hits forever

Eight Lives, One Blade....

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Logicblade posted:

Eight Lives, One Blade....

the secret 9th form: not dying

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So since it looks like it'll still be a while yet for Zero to get the released translation I'm thinking I just do a main story playthrough of Zero and Ao now and wait for full patches to do 100% runs where I don't miss any dialogue. Anyone have a list of quests I should absolutely do my first time through before Cold Steel 3? (probably good to have in spoiler tags)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ohtsam posted:

So since it looks like it'll still be a while yet for Zero to get the released translation I'm thinking I just do a main story playthrough of Zero and Ao now and wait for full patches to do 100% runs where I don't miss any dialogue. Anyone have a list of quests I should absolutely do my first time through before Cold Steel 3? (probably good to have in spoiler tags)

I feel like the main story beats will be covered in CS3/4 if relevant, it's the fringe sidequest stuff that'll leave you lost

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nightmare arena is, astonishingly, kind of really hard

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

use Tita

also maybe use Anelace because there's a Thing you can get

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Use Tita (make sure you cast Zodiac/La Forte/La Crest/Saint on her AFTER she gets the mech out in order to make the buff stick) and/or Katana Jesus for raw physical damage. Add in Anelace if you want a superb weapon. (as long as you didn't sell her Jinu sword) Get a good caster to cover your buffs/heals.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Katana Jesus/Anelace/3 PhDs/random is how I beat it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Erpy posted:

Use Tita (make sure you cast Zodiac/La Forte/La Crest/Saint on her AFTER she gets the mech out in order to make the buff stick) and/or Katana Jesus for raw physical damage. Add in Anelace if you want a superb weapon. (as long as you didn't sell her Jinu sword) Get a good caster to cover your buffs/heals.

everyone keeps saying Katana Jesus is some kind of overpowered demigod but he's always been like a less-good josh in my experience. maybe I was just expecting more Rean(who can basically solo his first two games)

guess i'll bring Tita then, nightmare arena was a brutal surprise since my strategies are fairly caster-centric

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I've been playing through Trails of Dawn, that F2P spinoff, and I'm torn. On one hand, the additional story is all canon and pretty good for what it is (takes place alongside the second-half of the Crossbell arc, so a lot of that with some short hops to Liberl thrown in and the third chapter even goes to Remiferia), and progression is fairly smooth since they give you enough resources to build a viable team without having to open up your wallet. However, the battle system and even some of the UI stuff is incredibly janky and slipshod. Fighting is rarely smooth, the polygon art style is questionable, sound effects that cut off too early or are inappropriate, paralyzed units can still counterattack... it takes a lot of the fun out of the whole point of the game: building your own dream team (assuming the gacha is kind enough to give them to you). It doesn't help weapon and armor drops are way rarer than they have to be, and they layer so many systems to maximize the grind. At least it's bad enough I don't feel compelled to drop hundreds on spinning for Alice in Wonderland-themed Towa or Halloween Steampunk Bleublanc or whatever wacky costumes they come up with.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Yinlock posted:

everyone keeps saying Katana Jesus is some kind of overpowered demigod but he's always been like a less-good josh in my experience. maybe I was just expecting more Rean(who can basically solo his first two games)

IIRC one of his skills is really broken... Something like basically no delay afterwards sort of broken.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yinlock posted:

guess i'll bring Tita then, nightmare arena was a brutal surprise since my strategies are fairly caster-centric

Two of Katana Jesus' crafts have the lowest Delay of the entire cast. He can easily empty his entire CP pool before anyone else gets a turn.

Pump his speed as much as possible with equipment and quartz and he will brutalize anyone.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The skill in question has a lower delay than a normal attack. He absolutely shits out the most damage, especially if you give him a CP accessory so that it's all he does. Don't use him to apply delay, use him to apply the best status effect on enemies: Dead as gently caress.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Two of Katana Jesus' crafts have the lowest Delay of the entire cast. He can easily empty his entire CP pool before anyone else gets a turn.

Pump his speed as much as possible with equipment and quartz and he will brutalize anyone.

oh I never really noticed because I was only looking at damage numbers, whooops

GrandpaPants posted:

The skill in question has a lower delay than a normal attack. He absolutely shits out the most damage, especially if you give him a CP accessory so that it's all he does. Don't use him to apply delay, use him to apply the best status effect on enemies: Dead as gently caress.

bosses tend to need some buffs to do significant physical damage to and they tend to apply that status effect to him while you're doing so

most of my physical damage was buffed josh dual striking or estelle's hilariously powerful final s-craft

e: though tbf the only time i really tried using his crafts was during his section's boss fights who all have ways to focus him down real quick

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 17, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

finished 3, was a good game for being like 80% reused assets. makes me real sad we never got zero though

also whatever ~that boss~ was i sure didn't see it, i went through the whole thing on Hard without too much issue(though before anyone thinks i'm tooting my own horn, the "issues" i had were from simple midboss fights that just hosed me up because i'm bad at video games)

also i kind of admire how everything inside the 7th plane is super hosed-up and dark. loving yikes @ star door 15

e: now to replay CS, starring bring young man Rean Schwarzer

he seems like he has a bright future ahead of him and definitely won't be a depressed shell of his former self in a few years

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 18, 2019

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Writing up the Cold Steel 3 thread, gimme your thread names.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Trails of Cold Steel III - Those who can't do, teach

Trails of Cold Steel III - A Damned Fairy Tale

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

FrantzX posted:

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Trails of Cold Steel III: The perfect starting point.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 18, 2019

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The Legend of Heroes 8: Trails of Cold Steel 3:The 8th Trails game

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Trails of Cold Steel 3: We Thought This Was Going To Be The Last Trails Game

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

The Legend of Heroes 8: Trails of Cold Steel 3:The 8th Trails game

The Legend of Heroes 13: Trails of Cold Steel 3: The 8th Trails game

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Trails of Cold Steel 3: Hide your waifus and robots from Rean

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

FrantzX posted:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

The Legend of Heroes 13: Trails of Cold Steel 3: The 8th Trails game

Needs Dragon Slayer number.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Dragon Slayer 13: The Legend of Heroes VIII: Trails of Cold Steel 3: The first half of the second half of the Cold Steel duology.

e: Trails of Cold Steel the 3rd out now

grancheater fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 18, 2019

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The Legend of Heroes 13: Trails of Cold Steel 3: The 8th Trails game, The continuing saga of Class VII

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

The Legend of Heroes 13: Trails of Cold Steel 3: The 8th Trails game, The continuing saga of Class VII and the new saga of New Class VII

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Falcom Thread: I assure you, Trails in the Sky the 3rd is still available.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
My S-Craft brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Trails of Cold Steel III: I've been working on the railroad

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I wonder what happened to Cake Attack, their LP of Trails in the Sky 1 was what got me into the Trails series.

I should probably hurry up and finish CS2. I bought it at launch, played a lot for a while, and then just stopped. Don't remember much of anything that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

YES

Ryuga Death posted:

I wonder what happened to Cake Attack, their LP of Trails in the Sky 1 was what got me into the Trails series.
It's hard to remember my life before Trails, but I'm in the same boat. That LP convinced me to buy Sky on Steam and the rest is history.