Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the longer Tom Brady is in the nfl the longer we don’t have to deal with Senator Thomas Brady (R-MA).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

ketchup vs catsup posted:

the longer Tom Brady is in the nfl the longer we don’t have to deal with Senator Thomas Brady (R-MA).

The Senate run is a formality until he runs for President.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Wishing an injury on a player doesn't actually make anything happen, for the record

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think half of the panning was because he was a white RB drafted in the top.

Who is the last white RB to be actually good, let alone great? Peyton hillis wasn't really any good, before him it's ?? ??? Craig James?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Who is the last white RB to be actually good, let alone great? Peyton hillis wasn't really any good, before him it's ?? ??? Craig James?

LenDale

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--has a special place in my heart

mastershakeman posted:

He wasn't actually good but I always remember Travis Jervey in these conversations. He did make a pro bowl once looking him up.

Actual answer is probably John Riggins? Depending on how you feel about Mike Alstott I guess.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Symphoric posted:

And I wish Sam Darnold's spleen would explode like a piñata!

Because wishing injuries on another human being due to arbitrary brand loyalty is cool and hilarious, am I rite?

It's fine if they are evil.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

GD_American posted:

We should absolutely have an 18-game schedule.

Individual players can dress for only 16 games.

:c00lbert:

Pats sign a guy named Thomas Bradly.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Watching or supporting football in any way is implicitly wishing injury upon people so it’s not exactly a leap to explicitly wishing injury, dark hours, and disaster to fall upon the common enemy of mankind.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Tom Brady should demand a trade to the Browns!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mastershakeman posted:

Who is the last white RB to be actually good, let alone great?

Michael Vick

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

mastershakeman posted:

Tim Tebow

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

FizFashizzle posted:

If Tom Brady was executed by ISIS most people, myself included, would be in favor of it.

If Tom Brady was captured by ISIS he would be made Caliph within a year. Game respects game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

mastershakeman posted:

IIRC some guy named Tom has a super high first down percentage on his rushes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What if Danny Woodhead was black?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Hizawk posted:

Who's the biggest consentually panned draft pick (first round) who ended up being amazing?

Christian McCaffery?

Travis Frederick was a consensus 3rd rounds selection (at best) and everyone made fun of the Cowboys when they grabbed him in the first. Then he became the building block for their insane oline before that illness last year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

What if Danny Woodhead was black?

You mean Danny Woodcock

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
D’anny Woodhead

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Hizawk posted:

Who's the biggest consentually panned draft pick (first round) who ended up being amazing?

Christian McCaffery?

Call him by his real name, 2019 NFL MVP Christian McCaffrey, RIP Patrick Mahomes, second of his name.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You don’t need a knee to throw see Dan Mario.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Symphoric posted:

And I wish Sam Darnold's spleen would explode like a piñata!

Because wishing injuries on another human being due to arbitrary brand loyalty is cool and hilarious, am I rite?

It's fine because nothing you wish has any real effect on what actually happens

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Elephanthead posted:

Or a super bowl ring

Or an n for that matter

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Elephanthead posted:

The third forgotten Mario brother who wears teal and comfy slippers instead of Kuribo’s shoe.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Elephanthead posted:

Also John Elway foesnt have an ACL in one of his knees.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Elephanthead posted:

If Mahomes is reduced to being a statuesque pocket QB he’s lost half of what makes him great.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

OxySnake posted:

Also John Elway foesnt have an ACL in one of his knees.

I thought this was a joke, but no. He played his entire career short an ACL.

What the actual gently caress?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ketchup vs catsup posted:

deep, deep curse right here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Michael Vick

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hey Chiefs, we have one slightly used Marcus Mariota for some draft picks available

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Mahomes is reduced to being a statuesque pocket QB he’s lost half of what makes him great.

The other half is still good enough to put him in the upper half of QBs in the league. Besides, Deshaun and Wentz both tore their ACLs, and they're both balling out still.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Play posted:

deep, deep curse right here

Universal TB12 health coverage.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1185238329723367425?s=19

Good news for Mahomes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

He’s gonna miss the Packers and Vikings games which is going to really gently caress the Chiefs.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He’s gonna miss the Packers and Vikings games which is going to really gently caress the Chiefs.

Of all the games to miss a non-conference, non divisional game isn't a bad one. You sort of hope he's back by 11/18 to play the Chargers and the chiefs can win one of Packers, Vikings, Titans so they are in good shape for the playoffs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Even if they lose those two games, nobody else is running away with the 2nd bye, so they can still be in contention for that, and at least non-conference games don't hurt much there.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Even if they lose those two games, nobody else is running away with the 2nd bye, so they can still be in contention for that, and at least non-conference games don't hurt much there.

Texans have the tie breaker so they have the inside track on the 2 seed especially if the Chiefs drop these games.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

Schefter says 3 gmes which is about perfect. Gives his ankle and stuff time to heal too

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1185241733992452097

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can see clearly now the rain is gone

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well since the Chargers have disintegrated I guess 10-6 will win you the AFC West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

adaz posted:

Schefter says 3 gmes which is about perfect. Gives his ankle and stuff time to heal too

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1185241733992452097

I'm very pleased. Given what we saw in the game last night, that is indeed the best case scenario