Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/EricColumbus/status/1185233287326908416

https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1185181393208233984

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1185236566207356928

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1185049954529763333

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Trump getting ganged up on by a pack of desperate democrats will be too much for him. He’ll have a meltdown and maybe poo poo his pants in rage since the audience will be soundly against him as well.

The Twitter Tantrum will be :discourse:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

bobjr posted:

Does Trump know what HBCU stands for?

He's tweeted numerous times that he's the best President blacks have ever had.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

ManBoyChef posted:

I'm a strip mall loving heathen.

I'm not sure I'd call then strip malls. Typically strip malls the store fronts are facing the street. Where as the concept I was referring to has all of the store facing inward surrounded by the parking lots like a normal mall. However it's all out door. Like each store you exit leads to the outside before you enter the next store.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What's with the female line up?

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
It’s the all-women space walk.

And someone in that building still gives a poo poo about the optics

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I can't imagine a way that Trump at an HBCU is going to end up a better piece of cringe comedy than Rand, at the height of his popularity, Kramering into Howard with "did you know it was REPUBLICANS who freed the slaves?"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Paracaidas posted:

I can't imagine a way that Trump at an HBCU is going to end up a better piece of cringe comedy than Rand, at the height of his popularity, Kramering into Howard with "did you know it was REPUBLICANS who freed the slaves?"

...is there video of this?

:lol:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There's no way that Trump doesn't use this time to demand criminal justice reform to protect presidents.

I know he's going to back out, but it's going to be so good if he actually does it.

eviltastic posted:

...the Lanham Act? In his capacity as President and political campaign, and not on behalf of his businesses?

It's a pity that the suit won't be filed and if it is it won't be litigated for long, because it'd be hilarious to see some poor judge have to do fact finding on what exactly has confused the public or damaged the prestige of the Trump presidency, or the brand of the presidency in general.

e: thread movin' quick today.

It would never get to that point. This is a summary judgment in the first motion followed by sanctions against the attorneys who were stupid enough to file it situation.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mendrian posted:

Yes, malls are temples to capitalist decadence, so let's buy from noted champion of worker's rights and proletariat wellbeing, Amazon.

The solution to capitalist megaliths are small commercial spaces and unfortunately there are parts of the country where that is completely nonviable.

Don't buy anything ever. Almost everything you need can be made from hemp.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 18, 2019

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

This is great because just about everybody is rushing to show investors that they have a plan for climate change because everybody is getting downgraded if they don't.

Oil stocks falling out of the top 10 because of it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Paracaidas posted:

Ya well they also freed ISIS so I guess that's no longer a worthy piece of rhetoric.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is gonna hurt.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1185251730289766400?s=20

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
I had forgotten about this, but now that the DOJ is just a division of the Trump Crime Syndicate the "Rule Of Law" is in the loving toilet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

evilweasel posted:

I mean, his comments were basically announcing "I AM THINKING OF BREAKING RANKS". Doesn't mean he will - but there really wasn't any other interpretation.

Yeah, its a pretty clear trial balloon to see what kind of pushback he would get if he actually decided to back impeachment. Also looks like he is on the Foreign Affairs committee, so he probably does care that Trump is blowing up whatever remaining international prestige we had left after Bush

Caros
May 14, 2008

VideoGameVet posted:

I had forgotten about this, but now that the DOJ is just a division of the Trump Crime Syndicate the "Rule Of Law" is in the loving toilet.

This is a really lovely comparison. McDougal refused to testify to a grand jury when called as a witness. That pretty much universally ends up with you facing contempt of court, such as with Chelsea Manning, in large part because the process is fairly direct. You refuse to testify to the grand jury, they tell the associated judge, the judge throws your rear end in jail until you agree or the 18 months max expires. Congress, by comparison, has to refer it to the DOJ, who may then flip them off. Even if he agrees, he has to put together a grand jury just so you can enforce the contempt of congress. Given that Bill Barr is one of the people cited for contempt, it doesn't seem likely he is going to do his job.

That said, it is a really stupid process, and congress should have a direct method of enforcing subpoenas. Preferably a guy with a bigass mace.

McDougal also had an actual reason for refusing to testify. She was also under investigation for Whitewater, and two of her co-conspirators had agreed to work with Ken Starr in trying to slander Clinton. If she stuck to her story on the matter, Starr could use her grand jury testimony to accuse her of perjury since her co-conspirators were telling a different story.

Caros fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 18, 2019

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Huh,

I just noticed that Splinter shut down their website and fired their lead union organizer and other staff. This is after they got bought out by private equity and most of their editors quit over the new management.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is there good analysis of carbon footprint change from people shopping online and having Amazon delivery etc. vs. going to a mall?

I think malls are dying everywhere, for obvious reasons. When I visit home where I grew up (very well off suburb of DC), the malls are either shuttered entirely or a shadow of their former selves.

My own patterns are telling. I hardly ever go to a mall except very rarely to buy some clothes, everything else bought online pretty much. I used to dread trying to park in a mall around Christmas, now I don't even bother.

I feel there has to be a compelling reason to go that you can't do online. Trying on clothes. Restaurants. Bar/social venues. Even movies are probably dying to a degree as people stream stuff on their nice TVs.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Kurds are getting war crimed right now and a bunch of yall can't shut up about malls

I'm disappointed.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Maybe Trump is green lighting war crimes so he can watch a cowboys game with Ellen

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
There are a number of ongoing ideological disputes to be had with various members of this thread, but two in particular are 1.) the nature of real leadership and 2.)the immense potential being missed when leftists dismiss outreach to gamers. I mention these because I found a video that relates extremely well to both of these topics, and demonstrates the potential in the younger generation for organizing to fight against are societies ongoing decay.

This video is from one of the top OverWatch coaches/YouTubers, formally ending his career as a statement of protest against Blizzard Entertainment's willing enablement of China's human rights abuses and suppression of free speech in Hong Kong. He is doing this because he was inspired by the example set buy a Pro Gamer named Blitz jung-gu also recently ended his career making a public statement of support for the people of Hong Kong.

Watch this video, it oozes with authenticity. It very clearly and very honestly shows the dire situation in Hong Kong and is exposing our Young Generation to the ongoing fight for human Liberty.

Leadership is not loving Centrist triangulation, Centrist triangulation is lazy bullshit for greedy assholes who don't understand how humanity actually works and/or the people who are a mixture of intellectually incurious and just want to be applauded by an authority figure for understanding the "truth" of this world.

Real leadership is what Blitzchung did; a regular person doing a great thing at great personal risk because they serve a cause greater than themselves. That inspires other human beings to stand in solidarity and work towards a common cause. Look at what that man is inspiring, look at how this message is being spread in such a direct way to the young ears who need to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtbBaajyuQ

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 18, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarlaBabbVOA/status/1185256570709512192

https://mobile.twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1185259687513657344

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

"Whatever you want to call it" America's president is super ultra stupid.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

With this and Rooney it seems like the dam is bursting

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zwabu posted:

Is there good analysis of carbon footprint change from people shopping online and having Amazon delivery etc. vs. going to a mall?

I think malls are dying everywhere, for obvious reasons. When I visit home where I grew up (very well off suburb of DC), the malls are either shuttered entirely or a shadow of their former selves.

My own patterns are telling. I hardly ever go to a mall except very rarely to buy some clothes, everything else bought online pretty much. I used to dread trying to park in a mall around Christmas, now I don't even bother.

I feel there has to be a compelling reason to go that you can't do online. Trying on clothes. Restaurants. Bar/social venues. Even movies are probably dying to a degree as people stream stuff on their nice TVs.

there are still some malls near me that are in decent enough shape. but thats probably because i live near big cities on the east coast. we also still have FYEs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Kurds are getting war crimed right now and a bunch of yall can't shut up about malls

I'm disappointed.

The death of malls and retail and the implications that has on the US job market and everything associated with it is very US Pol. There is a Middle East thread you know.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
^^^^^ Oh gently caress that, both can be here

I'm disappointed.

Have you not figured out that this thread distracts itself from despair with minutiae?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Kasich has been presenting himself as the common sense third way republican for years.

Honestly I'm surprised it took him this long.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Guze posted:

Maybe Trump is green lighting war crimes so he can watch a cowboys game with Ellen

Stealing this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

possibly. i feel like Romney will at do the same at some point soon and than we will see if the avalanche starts.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

No. gently caress him. He's still weaseling out by saying "rises to” and "inappropriate”.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Yknow, maybe if Pelosi hadn't slow walked impeachment proceedings until the last possible moment maybe Trump wouldn't have still been around to throw the Kurds into a loving ethnic cleansing. Instead she delayed and now kurdish kids are getting burned up by WP

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The death of malls and retail and the implications that has on the US job market and everything associated with it is very US Pol. There is a Middle East thread you know.

hey, some rear end in a top hat is making stupid posts on your account, just thought you might want to know

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It’s not like Kaisich is currently serving in office anywhere.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Doctor Butts posted:

No. gently caress him. He's still weaseling out by saying "rises to” and "inappropriate”.

I...don't think that's how those words work?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Yknow, maybe if Pelosi hadn't slow walked impeachment proceedings until the last possible moment maybe Trump wouldn't have still been around to throw the Kurds into a loving ethnic cleansing. Instead she delayed and now kurdish kids are getting burned up by WP

possibly. i feel like he probably would have done it anyway.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Death of retail is a valid topic for this thread. If you want to talk about something else, do so instead of picking fights.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s not like Kaisich is currently serving in office anywhere.

Exactly. He can say whatever is expedient for him because he doesn't have any constituents to answer to.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

So to be clear, the impeachment investigation going to an impeachment vote would of stopped the President? That's your argument?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

possibly. i feel like he probably would have done it anyway.

Mattis quit because Trump wanted to withdraw from Syria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Kasich will definitely run if trump is impeached, he has every reason to endorse