Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Mocking Bird posted:

My toes are cold just looking at it, but it is very serene

I walk around barefoot on tile in the winter. I'd totally live there. My only real concern is the acoustics. I love the look. :swoon:

Quoting for a new page:

there wolf posted:

:spooky: Halloween Post :spooky: The concrete murder house just needs some plants.

Jaded Burnout posted:

Jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drive By
Feb 26, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

KozmoNaut posted:

It certainly gives it an air of dreadful acoustics.

My house is almost exactly like this one (all-stone loft conversion). It’s just as terrible as you imagine.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
staging real estate is not just my craft, it is my passion

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
also this entire listing

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2202-Atelier-Dr-Jefferson-City-MO-65109/102936373_zpid/

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Choose your fighter:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Trying to tag myself, but I'm not sure if I'm the completely uncovered can lights or the bathroom sink that was turned on to make sure you notice that the faucet isn't centered.

Nope. I'm the teepee.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I'm the yard cart and utility trailer that couldn't be moved for the shoot.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm the garage doors that open into an interior stairwell

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm the "architect designed" ASTM A276 304 extruded stainless steel channel hand-rails.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

I'm the bathroom chicken

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm the garage door that opens into the bedrooms and the impossibly narrow walkway.

I'm also the lack of interior doors. In 75 photos, I think I saw three which didn't lead outside.

Was this building ever a rec centre?

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 18, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm the garage door that opens into the bedrooms and the impossibly narrow walkway.

I'm also the lack of interior doors. In 75 photos, I think I saw three which didn't lead outside.

It's weird because everything about it screams that it was built for a small scale manufacturer of some kind, but got re-classified as residential somehow. It's like someone decided that they wanted to live where they work.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

This place was supposed to be some kind of event space right? It’s the only way I can make sense of it.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
surplus materials: the house

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I love everything about it, even and in particular the extremely stupid bits.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

luxury handset posted:

Not one horizontal line in those photos.

I like all the exposed untreated wood in the master bath.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

luxury handset posted:

Holy recessed lighting, Batman!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Bedrooms for people who hate privacy. Door is a pain in the rear end to close, and even if you do it has a row of windows in the door. You know, for families who constantly want to catch each other getting changed.

"Yeah the guest room is at the end of the hall, it has the most privacy. Todd is in the room next to you. Whatever you do, do not glance in Todd's windows when you go by."

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

9 year old me would loving love those bedroom garage doors but 9 year old me loved everything even approaching some kind of cobbled clubhouse vibe.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mutata posted:

9 year old me would loving love those bedroom garage doors but 9 year old me loved everything even approaching some kind of cobbled clubhouse vibe.

I definitely don't hate the roller door bedroom thing, but the execution is terrible.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

First person who wakes up in the morning and opens their garage door is going to wake up everyone.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

My Lovely Horse posted:

First person who wakes up in the morning and opens their garage door is going to wake up everyone.

That's why you put garage door openers on all of them. When you wake up, and after your morning coffee and poo poo, is when you push the button to let the kids out of their rooms.

You know, like they do in Jail.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mutata posted:

Sure, 9 year old you loves it. How does 14 year old you feel about it? You're not going to NOT masturbate just because of the windows, you're 14!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oh the windows are for sure stupid. The whole execution is stupid. And yet...

Look, I just want to live in Sam Flynn's container house from Tron Legacy, ok?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sure, 9 year old you loves it. How does 14 year old you feel about it? You're not going to NOT masturbate just because of the windows, you're 14!

Oh come on, as if I wouldn't have stuck posters of spaceships and britpop bands over them by that point.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jaded Burnout posted:

Oh come on, as if I wouldn't have stuck posters of spaceships and britpop bands over them by that point.

Gonna constantly be falling off from the stress and vibration of the door opening and closing. Your puny tape has no power here.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
When you're 14 you'll find a way to jerk off.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

I imagine that at 0600 sharp, a recording of Reveille (on bugle of course) is played over loudspeakers and all the garage doors open and all the lights come on

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's why you stand staring out the window as you do it.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Megillah Gorilla posted:

This is the same interior aesthetic as chipotle

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Thought "what the hell yeah it is they even put up an actual menu" before it clicked with me that you posted an actual chipotle

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Megillah Gorilla posted:

low key owns

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
When the torsion spring gave out on my garage door, I was on the other side of the house and it still scared the poo poo out of me. I can't imagine that happening directly over my head while sleeping. It's not particularly dangerous when installed properly, but people with a weak constitution shouldn't be sleeping there.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

This is the same interior aesthetic as chipotle

I am incredibly ashamed by the instant craving this caused in me

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
$495,000

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

This feels a little...groverhaustastic.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nice halfway house

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's like a 3 level unfinished basement. At least you wouldn't have to gut much to start a remodel.

The lot is nice too.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Seems inexpensive for a high school science building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The Wonder Weapon posted:

For those who have lived with them: are vessel sinks impractical in the master bath? I've always loved the look of them, but I've gotten the impression that they're annoying to use on a daily basis.

I used to clean an apartment with one, it was very annoying to clean. I prefer a sink with no rim whatsoever so you can just wipe the whole counter down and into the sink.