Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

infrastructure week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hide the livestock, lol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
hoping oden looks goofy as poo poo

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
If you think Oden isn't going to look like a clown, you're wrong.

If you think there isn't going to be a moment where he looks totally badass in spite of that, you're also wrong.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

As it turns out Oden is always cloaked in shadow and that's how he normally looks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oden is actually a stack of big hats in a trenchcoat.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Besides the fact that, obviously, Oda would not just destroy the Sunny like that, the chapter also indicated the Straw Hats planned to be aboard, so they were likely on the ship to defend it when it was attacked.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Normally I'd just expect Oden to come out looking like a clown, but Oda's already pulled that trick enough times that it's become predictable, and Oda almost never does the most predictable thing. I'm inclined to think we've already seen him somewhere instead.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Tolth posted:

Normally I'd just expect Oden to come out looking like a clown

last chapter showed us Buggy talking to Oden, so that can't be it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look at this sword. I smelted the ore myself, I folded it a thousand times, polished and whet it to a beautiful and sharp finish, but do people call me Oden the Sword Maker? No.

You see this kimono? I farmed the silk worms myself, spun the silk masterfully, and made a perfectly fitted and magnificent outfit, but do people call me Oden the Tailor? No.

Now, drink this sake. I spent years growing the right kind of rice, spent months figuring out the best way to ferment it, and even made the bottle myself, but do people call me Oden the Brewer? No.

See, you can do all these masterful things for years and years, but if you gently caress one pig...

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Funky Valentine posted:

See, you can do all these masterful things for years and years, but if you gently caress one pig...

Oden is David Cameron? :aaaaa:

Oda does it again!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lpzie posted:

infrastructure week!

I appreciate this post.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hide yo kids; hide yo wife!

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
I was glad to see Sanji and Zoro fighting again.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

hoping oden looks goofy as poo poo

Really hoping he's momo with a handlebar mustache.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

A Bug posted:

I was glad to see Sanji and Zoro fighting again.

I love Zoro blowing off some steam by just cutting the mountain again

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Welp, looks like I'm gonna go watch One Piece Stampede this morning at the theater just down the street. I... probably won't understand the dialogue since I'm not great at reading Chinese subtitles, but seeing the visuals alone should be worth it!

E: hell, why not some live-posting?

lol cotton candy afro for Brook

Hell yeah Fake Hats Chopper fox

Hell yeah penguin Sunny!

How do skeletons fart? :skulljoke:

Smoker vs Brook? Smoker vs Sanji?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 19, 2019

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm totally down with Act 3 being a couple chapters of everything looking like it's destroyed and the revolution doomed in the present, wrapped around an Oden flashback. Flashback protagonists are always cool dudes in One Piece.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm actually pretty hyped for Oden's flashback. And I'm glad all the ships got destroyed cause that means Luffy's gonna call in a favor from Orlumbus.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
gently caress any other ships. All that is needed is the Sunny and Jinbei's frenzy of happy as gently caress whale sharks.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Watch as Oden looks almost like Zorro's master.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

logger posted:

Watch as Oden looks almost like Zorro's master.

or he looks like zoro

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

scary ghost dog posted:

or he looks like zoro

no thats ryuma

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oden looks like John Belushi as a samurai.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I saw someone theorize that the reason the villagers are so surprised at Oden and going "Hide your children and wives!" is because he's naked from the front. That would certainly be an...interesting character trait.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

i get why they need to hide their daughters and wives from oden but why also the livestock

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

notwithyourheart posted:

i get why they need to hide their daughters and wives from oden but why also the livestock

Once your pigs have seen a man's hog, they're never the same.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

notwithyourheart posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_59ddIpxOY

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

notwithyourheart posted:

I’ve seen a lot of jokes about this. But maybe livestock would be in danger of being knocked out by Oden’s Color of the Conqueror?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The actual answer is that he was a criminal

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
D: I love the Wano arc and have read it many times... but there is one thing I don't really understand. So I sent this question to the current sbs and you. "Why did the villagers say 'hide the livestock' in chapter 959 "Samurai"?" What were they thinking of at that time back then? P.N. Fuki

O: There is a deep secret setting I can't tell you about though. I informed the supervisor about it, but since it is a pretty adult part of the story it remains hidden in the shonen manga which One Piece is. To all adults, please try to imagine yourselves. Wano is truly a passionate country!!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 20, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Maybe he's a hungry boy and likes to cook up meat super fresh.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Maybe he's a hungry boy and likes to cook up meat super fresh.

Before he fucks it

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
oden wants ALL borders open

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oh my god he would steal/eat the livestock

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Welp, time to disappoint my letterer friend!
The way I see it, once you get used to it, Sunday->Sunday is just as easy a wait as Friday->Friday. I just stop opening these threads on Friday once I see the link posted or spoilers popping up. Supporting the official release and not supporting scans were good reasons that started me doing it, but at this point, I'm doing it because I would rather just read it once with a quality translation. I don't need to waste my time doubling up and comparing an amateur's work to a professional's. If I'm gonna read it twice, it'll be once on my own and again with the One Piece Podcast so the translator can fill me in on anything I missed.

As for the chapter itself, hell yeah flashback time. As a diehard Skypiea/NorCal Flashback liker I am very excited to see past nastification of Wano.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

This could be a good moment to try to transition to being a Sunday reader, too, since flashbacks are always a slow burn

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like the official take on Orochi's line

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like the official take on Orochi's line

people who were putting oden with trump were pretty much going off this line (and it unfortunately rings true)

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Doflamingo's greatest crime is making Dressrosa completely non-ADA compliant. All those little grooves are going to play hell with walkers and wheelchairs.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Minks are still the cutest things.

No wonder they love Luffy so much, he's one big rubber chew toy.