Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Zotix posted:

I'm not sure I'd call then strip malls. Typically strip malls the store fronts are facing the street. Where as the concept I was referring to has all of the store facing inward surrounded by the parking lots like a normal mall. However it's all out door. Like each store you exit leads to the outside before you enter the next store.

so kinda like a central courtyard surrounded by stores all facing inward? I could get with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Zwabu posted:

Is there good analysis of carbon footprint change from people shopping online and having Amazon delivery etc. vs. going to a mall?

Both are bad; transforming the supply chain from a relatively smaller number of big trucks going to retailers to a fleet of small trucks going to individual households is worse. Consume fewer things, buy products second-hand wherever possible.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Yknow, maybe if Pelosi hadn't slow walked impeachment proceedings until the last possible moment maybe Trump wouldn't have still been around to throw the Kurds into a loving ethnic cleansing. Instead she delayed and now kurdish kids are getting burned up by WP

Maybe if she hadn't started proceedings he wouldn't have panicked and done that.

Maybe don't use Kurdish kids to run your "Pelosi Bad" thing? She sure is bad, but so is your post.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Zophar posted:

Both are bad; transforming the supply chain from a relatively smaller number of big trucks going to retailers to a fleet of small trucks going to individual households is worse. Consume fewer things, buy products second-hand wherever possible.

Yeah but in the second case you're also removing the consumers driving from their home to the mall to pick up the stuff.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Yknow, maybe if Pelosi hadn't slow walked impeachment proceedings until the last possible moment maybe Trump wouldn't have still been around to throw the Kurds into a loving ethnic cleansing. Instead she delayed and now kurdish kids are getting burned up by WP

OK SO

This isn't to say that she gets credit, because we have the benefit of hindsight and she absolutely wasn't predicting this while she waited, but without the Ukraine transcript/abuse of power scandal, impeachment wouldn't be going anywhere.

Having the clear, central crime to pin it on is the only reason that we even think there might be an outside shot of removal. Discussions of "had we done this earlier, he might be gone by now" are a complete fantasy.

That doesn't mean she shouldn't have started it earlier, but the reason for that has nothing to do with removal.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trump openly and ostentatiously committed a ton of crimes before the Ukraine thing.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ManBoyChef posted:

so kinda like a central courtyard surrounded by stores all facing inward? I could get with that.

A lot of outlet centers are like that, we have one here in NC

VitalSigns posted:

Trump openly and ostentatiously committed a ton of crimes before the Ukraine thing.
Yeah, and none of them had the public turn on him like this thing. This is still the clearest, most easily communicated crime out of the bunch, and one for which there is STILL no real spin, almost a month later.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Trump likes brutalizing people and likes the idea of committing war crimes, and fortunately for the world he found the process of actually doing so too boring. Unfortunately, he seems to have found that he can get enough vicarious enjoyment through others’ war crimes, so we get stuff like this, or when he went on a Twitter crusade to blatantly interfere in the trial of that one guy who stabbed a prisoner.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Zwabu posted:

Yeah but in the second case you're also removing the consumers driving from their home to the mall to pick up the stuff.

True, however we are also facing a problem where people aren't really driving any less, and are actually buying more and more vehicles that are loving up efforts to cut vehicle emissions: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/surging-suv-demand-is-canceling-out-the-environmental-benefit-from-electric-cars.html

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Zophar posted:

True, however we are also facing a problem where people aren't really driving any less, and are actually buying more and more vehicles that are loving up efforts to cut vehicle emissions: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/surging-suv-demand-is-canceling-out-the-environmental-benefit-from-electric-cars.html

Anyone who buys a pickup truck is a tool.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

While Romney and Kasich coming out to (weakly) support impeachment is heartening, Trump is still safe until he starts losing red state back benchers like Boozman.

Impeachment for emoluments had slightly less chance of removing Trump and much less impact on public opinion.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 18, 2019

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I love my ford truck.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tibalt posted:

While Romney and Kasich coming out to (weakly) support impeachment is heartening, Trump is still safe until he starts losing red state back benchers like Boozman.

That’s why that Representative from a +30 Trump district coming out and basically saying that what Trump did is bad is seriously interesting.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Zophar posted:

These bigger vehicles are also more deadly for everyone outside of them, which has led to a kind of arms race where nobody wants to be the small car surrounded by massive SUVs. We need safety regulations for potential collision victims, not just vehicle occupants - it wouldn't just make everyone safer, it would also help cut down on the feeling that you can't drive a small vehicle because they aren't safe to be in on our roads.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1185268299862556674

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

theflyingorc posted:

I...don't think that's how those words work?

Rising to a level is just saying that it's something to be looked into. It isn't saying that it is impeachable or that he should be impeached.

Calling Trump's actions 'inappropriate' is severely underselling it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/juliadavisnews/status/1167222562046316544?s=21
https://twitter.com/rschooley/status/1167225072676794368?s=21
https://twitter.com/aynrandpaulryan/status/1185193755348881408?s=21

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

lmao stock market's gonna reverse all those gains right

right?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zwabu posted:

consumers will try to pick up stuff all at once to save the convenience of their own time and fuel. if you can just order individual poo poo off amazon you don't have the same incentive to bundle your purchases if shipping is free

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Doctor Butts posted:

Rising to a level is just saying that it's something to be looked into. It isn't saying that it is impeachable or that he should be impeached.
...no?

"What my friend has done rises to the level of betrayal" means my friend betrayed me, you're being weird

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Not a Children posted:

lmao stock market's gonna reverse all those gains right

right?

Those tweets are from August so, no.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gonna say that's a sure way to lose many of the moneyed elite that actually can influence politicians.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bedbugs are loving atrocious. I hope none of you ever have to deal with them. The sickly sweet fruity/coppery smell they ooze when you crush them, the little bits of poo poo they leave all over that stain your fabrics... They're really terrible.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

hey, some rear end in a top hat is making stupid posts on your account, just thought you might want to know

She's not the only person who has to agree to start an impeachment inquiry. She can't do it on her own. How do you still not understand this?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Dr Christmas posted:

Trump likes brutalizing people and likes the idea of committing war crimes, and fortunately for the world he found the process of actually doing so too boring. Unfortunately, he seems to have found that he can get enough vicarious enjoyment through others’ war crimes, so we get stuff like this, or when he went on a Twitter crusade to blatantly interfere in the trial of that one guy who stabbed a prisoner.

So are you saying that these "presidental" phone calls to erdogan are really just erdogan telling trump about his war crimes and trump masturbating furiously while snorting sudafed?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gently caress SNEEP posted:

She's not the only person who has to agree to start an impeachment inquiry. She can't do it on her own. How do you still not understand this?

Actually leaders generally can lead and make other people agree with them

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:psyduck:

always more, always dumber

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Guze posted:

Mattis quit because Trump wanted to withdraw from Syria.

exactly. he was gonna do it at some point because he was an idiot monster.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is it true that Erdogan was trying to forcefully get his bullshit Safe Zone as early as when Obama was still in office? I shamefully wasn’t paying attention.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

:laffo: at Kasich saying he might get some heat for calling for impeachment. He just guaranteed constant media appearances for himself, and a rush of adoration from the hashtag resistance and the Never Trumpers. He wants to be the new John McCain.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is it true that Erdogan was trying to forcefully get his bullshit Safe Zone as early as when Obama was still in office? I shamefully wasn’t paying attention.

i don't know when exactly erdogan got his ducks in a row to be ready to invade, but the aftermath of the coup and his purge of the officer corps is probably a good benchmark for the earliest he would have been comfortable with and that was in mid-late 2016

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Exactly. He can say whatever is expedient for him because he doesn't have any constituents to answer to.

This is true, but you also don't get to the loyal ones until these types have come out in favor. In a world where Trump is impeached and removed, people like Kasich come out in favor. Really important? No. A sign that things are at least moving in the right direction? Yes.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

You can tell if the president says it, its a lie.

Like, there's no reason to waste your time and energy "fact checking" him.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

AhhYes posted:

This is true, but you also don't get to the loyal ones until these types have come out in favor. In a world where Trump is impeached and removed, people like Kasich come out in favor. Really important? No. A sign that things are at least moving in the right direction? Yes.

Yeah movement has to start somewhere. Sure, Trump should have been denied at the RNC. But here we are. The appearance of Mitt and Rooney trying baby steps into these positions is a significant and necessary step. I don't think you're going to have the Lindsey Grahams all clamoring to vote for impeachment over one night.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Welcome to Slaughtergate.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Zwabu posted:

Yeah movement has to start somewhere. Sure, Trump should have been denied at the RNC. But here we are. The appearance of Mitt and Rooney trying baby steps into these positions is a significant and necessary step. I don't think you're going to have the Lindsey Grahams all clamoring to vote for impeachment over one night.

Right.

First you'll see polling move in the right direction. (We're seeing this pretty comprehensively)

Then come the "moderates" or Never-Trumpers.

The loyalists will always come last, if they ever do.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

marxismftw posted:

You can tell if the president says it, its a lie.

Like, there's no reason to waste your time and energy "fact checking" him.

I'll have you know Daniel Dale is a national treasure!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JaneLytv/status/1185234246471958528
https://twitter.com/JaneLytv/status/1185235449658388487

one of three companies controlling your credit history/score

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

I'll have you know Daniel Dale is a national treasure!

Daniel does not function like a normal human being. He can’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ok but you can get free credit monitoring from them if you just give them more personal information.