Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hey, technically it's a savings! ...Of maybe $15!

Say hi to Bug

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
prices are way too cheap. those are limited luxury items. the more you pledge now the more mindblowing-awesome your experience will be once the bdsse is unleashed.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Inacio posted:

i've made a space game and it's probably better than star citizen because i didn't milk lonely boomers dry

My congratulations, commando o9

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Why are they so obsessed with using the bathroom all the time.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lmfao

look at this poo poo. just look at it

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I mean, it's not like the arguments for this being a scheme to drain people of their money are some hard to acquire info. There are many red flags, not just one, maybe that's what makes it hard I guess?

I wonder if the people who won't eat dust because it doesn't doesn't smell like bacon, are also not eating eggs because they come out of a chicken's butt.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
sub is good again

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Idris jpeg pre-order: 7 years and counting :homebrew:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Quavers posted:

Can we prune that down to not count asset swap variants as new ships?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

”Yeah but that TruCoat...”

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quavers posted:

Seven years in technical debt.

(Seven years in Tibet, geddit?)

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:reddit: posted:

Is there a way to get my money back?

I really tried believing. 2 years later I still can’t enjoy the 70$ promise I bought. Nothing works, missions can’t be completed, the shooter is bad... I’d really like my money back.

I’m just really bummed out. I also can’t find a reasonable roadmap for 1.0..

1.0.0? :lol: :thurman:

I'm streaming some blog development: https://www.twitch.tv/virtual_captain

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1185375260440453120

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

They're hanging out in Miami and they didnt even invite derek? Rude

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

I am the full CitCon schedule that is not available.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

these meetups always seem like the type of thing the cops could sit outside and cherry pick at least 1 person as they leave

also hi replacement ben in the lower right

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I'm the fat dude in pink in the back. I like having the George Lucas goatee because it gives the illusion that I have a recognizable human chin, a great choice for the ample gentlemen. Anyway, I think the one girl there was totally into me, especially after I told her I was a Legatus level backer and her poor of a boyfriend is only into SC for five grand. I showed her pictures of my fleet until she asked me to move to the end of the table because she was starting to feel "faint and nauseous", I probably was just too much man for her. She's bound to answer one of the many messages I left on her social media accounts, and become my space consort as we fly off in luxury on my 890J.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 19, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Imagine having to share a meal with Rex.

"SOMEONE PASS ME THE SALT! AND GIVE ME MORE RED BULL! NOW EVERYONE LINE UP, I NEED TO GIVE EVERYONE THEIR ORDERS AND TELL EVERYONE WHY THIS IS THE BEST drat MEAL WE HAVE EVER HAD"

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

You really have to admire Rex’s total commitment to his buttrock persona...

Nice of him to copy Sandi on the tweet. If she retweets it she’s earned her six figures for the quarter.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

G0RF posted:

You really have to admire Rex’s total commitment to his buttrock persona...

Nice of him to copy Sandi on the tweet. If she retweets it she’s earned her six figures for the quarter.

I love how Sandi is still some kind of hero to the cultists like Jorunn, when she holds all of them in the most complete contempt while gleefully using their money to play pretend "up and coming young actress".

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

colonelwest posted:

I love how Sandi is still some kind of hero to the cultists like Jorunn, when she holds all of them in the most complete contempt while gleefully using their money to play pretend "up and coming young actress".

True, but in her defense, sometimes they whine, and complain, and get a little entitled...

(I do think she’s maybe changing up her Hollywood dream, though. Seems like she and Chris are focusing more now on their daughter’s acting ambitions of late. I genuinely feel bad for the kid if that’s the case — it’s only too easy to imagine that Sandi the Stage Mom would be even more terrifying than Sandi the Actress.)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
#istandwithmommydearest

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Thoatse posted:

#istandwithmommydearest

"No more loving Wingman's Hangar!"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dementropy posted:

"No more loving Wingman's Hangar!"

Wingman's Hanger

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Quavers posted:

Just :lol: if you bought the cargo ship, explorer ship, or big mining ship six years go. Goddamn did you ever get suckered.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Bootcha posted:

I am the full CitCon schedule that is not available.

I'am the 250m dollars game that does not exist.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

colonelwest posted:

I'm the fat dude in pink in the back. I like having the George Lucas goatee because it gives the illusion that I have a recognizable human chin, a great choice for the ample gentlemen. Anyway, I think the one girl there was totally into me, especially after I told her I was a Legatus level backer and her poor of a boyfriend is only into SC for five grand. I showed her pictures of my fleet until she asked me to move to the end of the table because she was starting to feel "faint and nauseous", I probably was just too much man for her. She's bound to answer one of the many messages I left on her social media accounts, and become my space consort as we fly off in luxury on my 890J.

the way she looked at rexzilla made me a bit jealous though. could it be that my fleet is not big enough? i will grab some burgers on my way home and rethink my strategy. i am so lucky that i found a girl who has the same hobby as me.

Agony Aunt posted:

"SOMEONE PASS ME THE SALT! AND GIVE ME MORE RED BULL! NOW EVERYONE LINE UP, I NEED TO GIVE EVERYONE THEIR ORDERS AND TELL EVERYONE WHY THIS IS THE BEST drat MEAL WE HAVE EVER HAD"

“duuuude...what an awesome schnitzel!!...watch out boys on your left there's non-alcoholic beer!!! shiiiiiat i dropped a noodle on the floor. do you have some more red bull for me lady??“

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Oct 19, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quavers posted:

Is this technically correct?

quote:

A new release and CIG made more progress, there are currently no less than 100 ships flyable for players, this is 67% of total committed ships (149). 78 ships are core designs, out of these 46 (59%) are flyable.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:laugh:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

To be fair:

ED forums: The devs don't play their own game
Fortmite forums: The devs don't play their own game
Paladins forums: The devs don't play their own game

And those are just the ones i'm personally aware of.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Imagine being the kind of guy that sits down to dinner with a baseball cap on backwards

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Tickets will be £25 each (+VAT if applicable)....

1. Do they want me or someone else to let them know if their event is standard rated for VAT? (It is).
2. That makes it £30 including VAT. Which is the correct price to use in advertising and marketing.
3. You are supposed to include the VAT (and any other taxes/charges) if you are going to advertise in the UK/EU. I assume they always get this correct in direct marketing etc.
https://www.asa.org.uk/news/to-include-or-not-to-include-vat-in-stated-prices.html

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Rabelais D posted:

Imagine being the kind of guy that sits down to dinner with a baseball cap on backwards

I'm the guy at the dinner with a baseball cap on backwards, who isn't Rexzilla - because I want to be just like Rex :swoon:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

They have solved this in the internal secret build. That's why the dev specifically working on the missions got confused that it wasn't working.

Also, more people should demand that super-genious coder Crobbear plays his own game again. It's been too long since the last time, and we need a refresher on the laughs.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Agony Aunt posted:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Agony Aunt posted:

Jeebus. They go to the effort of comparing Epic vs Steam versions of the same game and critiquing them? And yet give SC such a free pass?

Since DF split off from Eurogamer a few years ago and started doing their thing through Patreon funding, I'm pretty sure this is literally a case of CIG throwing them $10 000 or whatever and asking them to do a promotional video.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Some other things that are slightly broken

FEMALE CHARACTER USING MOBIGLASS IN BED OBSTRUCTED BY CLEAVAGE

MUSTANG ALPHA HANGER FLOATS IN FRONT OF SHIP

quote:

ACTUAL RESULT

The hanger and some thrusters of the Mustang Alpha float in front of you while you're flying.

WORKAROUND

None known, but it's not a huge issue.

QUANTUM DRIVE IS OVERHEATING INTO NEGATIVE DEGREES

VOIP CANNOT BE TURNED OFF AND IF TRIED WILL CRASH THE CLIENT

WEAPONS BOUGHT WITH REAL MONEY SHOP OR BEING GIFTED ARE GONE AFTER DEAD

CLAIMING RENTED SHIP MAKES IT A PERMANENTLY OWNED ONE

INVENTORY TIED TO CHEST ARMOR PIECE

quote:

- Have more than one chest armor piece
- Go cave mining or pick up harvestables to fill up chest armor
- Swap to different armor and continue picking up items (stow)

INFINITE APHRODITE

UNABLE TO PICK UP ITEM THAT'S FALLEN THROUGH FLOOR, CHARACTER CONTINUSES TO MOVE TOWARDS IT ATTEMPTING TO DO SO

SKIMMER SATELLITE HAS GRAVITY GLITCH

quote:

When you EVA close to them when you approach the side (top and bottom seem fine), you suddenly start falling towards the bottom.

I don't know how costly gravity fields are for the game, but you might want to remove them where they do not make sense anyway.

(Also, there are a lot of graphical bits that really could need polish upon closer inspection!)

COUNTER IN LEVSKI FISH SHOP CAN BE ENTERED

quote:

- Hold the interact button to see what can be interacted with and notice that the counter itself can be interacted
- As curious as you have ever been in this game, try your best to interact with the counter (I used the right top corner)
- Now that you succesfully interacted with the counter, you yourself, have become a fish and is being displayed in the counter

NPCS STUCK IN DOORWAYS

quote:

its as if the doors aren't opening for them