Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

punk rebel ecks posted:

Really didn't like this episode.

I hated the message and the ending. Just felt wrong that Cartman never got the shot.

As soon as he was told "no shot, no toy" he turned up at the doctor's office of his own accord to get the shot. The whole thing was a scam to get toys, the way the whole anti-vax movement is a scam to sue drug companies. What's wrong with that message?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

But the shot made his mom Artistic. Clearly a danger.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Conflating autist for artist is so damned stupid but I'd be a liar if I said I never joked about the same

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s the funniest gag in the last three years

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

So, I’m sittin here partaking of some Tegridy:420: and I got to thinking, Disney has a new streaming service soon, what if this is just a ploy to keep subscribers on Hulu and not subscribe to Disney?

It’s like, levels, man
:capitalism:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Vulgar posted:

So, I’m sittin here partaking of some Tegridy:420: and I got to thinking, Disney has a new streaming service soon, what if this is just a ploy to keep subscribers on Hulu and not subscribe to Disney?

It’s like, levels, man
:capitalism:

Disney has majority ownership and full control of Hulu

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Crazy Dastard posted:

I had the opposite view and felt it started slow then built up to get better. A few chuckles here and there for most of the episode then loved the ending.

Act 1. Okay, cute, Cartman's a pig. Not the first time they compared him to one, of course. Nice touch with the "My body, my choice" shirt, Cartman. Co-opting other movements as usual.
Act 2. Yup, professional hog-tying, saw that coming. Nice callout on China. Even funnier that Cartman registered himself with the Immunization Round-Up as an Orthodox Jew much like he tried to do in order to escape the ICE camp a few episodes back.
Act 3. The "artistic" Sharon Cartman punchline got a good long laugh out of me, probably the best they could've done with that setup. I was expecting anaphylaxis instead. I concur though that while they did develop his mom to actually stand up to her son (like she did in "Tsst") they also backslid her to spoil him again by freeing him from the round-up.

Just sends a weird mixed message when you're tackling something like immunization where the public health outweighs the personal objections based on misinformation of a minority and their "right" to not immunize. Might've been some of Matt and Trey's libertarian leanings seeping in on that one, given the usual stance from that party on things like drugs and smoking is to deregulate and legalize everything for persons over 18 to enforce "Individual rights", despite something like smoking actually affecting a lot more people than the smoker.

I doubt they intended to actually grant any respect to the anti-vax movement. They did something similar with the gluten-free fad a few seasons back, with that one guy eating pure gluten to prove that it was safe, and then dying horribly.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, that part made no sense even within the context of the episode. Mrs. Cartman wanted her kid to get vaccinated, she'd been trying to get him vaccinated for four years, she just couldn't figure out how to do it. Then suddenly there was a way to get him his shots, but she was against it because ??????. Also, no one in town was really acting like she was a bad mother. They all realized pretty quickly that it was Cartman who was the problem, not her. Everyone was just trying to help fix the situation as quickly as possible because if they didn't the whole town could get sick.

She was against the vaccine rodeo because she wanted to do it her way - that is, to actually be a mother. Whether she was motivated by a desire to do what's best for her child or just so she wouldn't feel like a total failure of a parent was never explicitly stated.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Conflating autist for artist is so damned stupid but I'd be a liar if I said I never joked about the same

George Carlin did that in his book "Braindroppings":

quote:

A woman told me her child was autistic, and I thought she said artistic. So I said, 'Oh great. I'd like to see some of the things he's done.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode 2304 “Let Them Eat Goo” Press Release

NEW YORK, October 14, 2019 – Cartman has a heart attack in an all-new episode titled, “Let Them Eat Goo,” airing on Wednesday, October 16 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The citizens of South Park are moving toward a completely plant-based diet. Cartman is pretty sure the new food in the cafeteria gave him a heart attack.

And the preview clip that has nothing to do with the above because gently caress you. (Well unless the all plant diet is an all cannabis based diet I guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5TwMFlH1o

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Disney has majority ownership and full control of Hulu

Obviously wasn’t aware of that, thanks. drat Tegridy got me thinking and I just went with it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a deliberately bad Dad Joke. It felt like a joke that needed the Looney Tunes fanfare and then iris fade out.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But the shot made his mom Artistic. Clearly a danger.

I totally missed it. I thought it was just that the shot had made her extremely mellow.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Tegridy burgers chock full of Tegridy is a Randy thing to do.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jiro posted:

Tegridy burgers chock full of Tegridy is a Randy thing to do.

I can't believe this isn't a thing already, come to think of it.

...and it probably will be now.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

apropos of nothing, I just got an advert for "Inside Scientology: A Scientology Network Original Series" in the middle of my episode.

also Towelie remains the best worst character.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I would have expected them to have Randy cosplaying as Daniel Plainview instead of putting him in there outright.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tastes Like poo poo.
You Won't Care.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't believe this isn't a thing already, come to think of it.

...and it probably will be now.

"Tastes like poo poo, You won't care" is a shirt I can get behind.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I'm a sucker for a "There Will Be Blood" reference, so this episode landed for me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cow massacre was pretty funny. Very much something classic south park would have done. A good S19-S23 episode. My biggest laugh was at a commercial, though. Why can she do that but we can't? Condoms!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What earlier episode was it where Cartman is prompted to apologize at the very end and is cut off by the credits?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I enjoyed cartman getting zapped back followed by a weak "gently caress you wendy".

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Milo and POTUS posted:

What earlier episode was it where Cartman is prompted to apologize at the very end and is cut off by the credits?

Trapper Keeper.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ChesterJT posted:

I enjoyed cartman getting zapped back followed by a weak "gently caress you wendy".

Both of these combined with the animations of Eric flailing around in the throws of a heart attack were great.

The Randy sub-plot was solid, and the cow massacre was pretty good.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

BexGu posted:

Stan, Butters, Jimmy, and Kenny being amazing at Death Metal out of no where was funny as hell.

Yeah, this was the funniest thing all season!

I'm not getting a lot of laughs, but I still like watching the show.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, this was the funniest thing all season!

HATE THIS FARM. I HATE THIS FARM

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

This season is way better than the last two. its good to see theyve toned down the serialisation a bit and letting the episodes still have their own unique plots and running jokes as opposed to trying to make something funny over the entire season.

the cow massacre, There will be Blood spoofing and High AF Randy were great.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I thought the Impossible Whopper tasted fine. :shrug:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I've had the impossible whopper twice. The most impressive thing is that it looks and feels like ground beef. With the first few bites it even tastes the same. The big difference for me is that it leaves a weird, liquid smoke and burnt beans aftertaste in your mouth that stays with you for a while. However, I have had other plant-based meat substitutes that are better, so a lot of that is probably just Burger King being lovely.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It seriously tastes like a Burger King burger so I guess that’s what the joke is

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I like the Beyond Burger. Anyone who says it tastes like a hamburger is lying, but it still tastes really good

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I just can't believe they are not selling Randys "Taste like poo poo/ You won't care" shirt yet

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm a big fan of Randy's new catchphrase "hey... gently caress you."

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Was the Goo man's way of talking a reference to something?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

muscles like this! posted:

I don't know why it's so funny to me, but I love it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arbite posted:

Was the Goo man's way of talking a reference to something?

The movie There Will Be Blood. He was a parody of Daniel Day Lewis' character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHz-zZoBnbc

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

muscles like this! posted:

Was gonna post this. It's just the way he says the it. "Hey" like a 'hey what's up' kind of thing, then "gently caress you" in a fairly friendly, upbeat manner while still meaning "no, gently caress You."

It's wonderful.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CuddlyZombie posted:

I like the Beyond Burger. Anyone who says it tastes like a hamburger is lying, but it still tastes really good

My restaurant I work at sells them. They don't taste like burgers and they have a very weird texture. I don't know how to describe it other than it feels like it's obviously not a naturally occurring food. Kind of like when you eat those dollar for 20 slice plastic american cheeses. They kind of taste like burnt pork. Maybe it's just me and I'm not used to vegan things but they tasted absolutely terrible.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Impossible burgers are supposed to be the next step to Beyond burgers. I've had both, and yeah the Beyond burger was terrible. Impossible is a passable alternative.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The episode was right about how plant based burgers are often just as unhealthy as regular burgers and people just think they're healthier for no reason. It's like how people used to think wraps were healthy for a short period of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Well the main point of plant based burgers is to move away from cattle ranching destroying the very planet we stand upon