Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I would've posted this in DIY Music Gear but it's truly stupid:

My friend and I are designing an 808 kick module with built-in TS-808 circuit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Same here the stupid music poo poo is coming from inside the thread.

My partner and I are visiting some of her old friends next week and she mentioned that one of them needed a guitar.
I had a collection of parts so I threw this guy together with a stupid paint job to make it less boring.

I only had to rewire it one time!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Thumposaurus posted:

My partner and I are visiting some of her old friends next week and she mentioned that one of them needed a guitar.
I had a collection of parts so I threw this guy together with a stupid paint job to make it less boring.

I like that paint job. It hurts my eyes to look at. :thumbsup:

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I would've posted this in DIY Music Gear but it's truly stupid:

My friend and I are designing an 808 kick module with built-in TS-808 circuit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Call it The 8008

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Feet Destroyer! Feet Destroyer! Feet Destroyer! Feet Destroyer! Feet Destroyer! Feet Destroyer!

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

8008 Screamer

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Fors Yard posted:

8008 Screamer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fors Yard posted:

8008 Screamer

Hehehehehe

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Welp, we have a name if nothing else.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thumposaurus posted:

I love it.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Thumposaurus posted:

Cool, it's got dazzle camouflage, so you can't see how big it is or which direction it's sailing.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

That's really cool, dude. You're a good bud. I'd play the hell out of that thing

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I am also somewhat sure that guitar is in fact awesome music poo poo. Stupid music poo poo is me foolishly getting two of the same guitar pedal off of ebay because impatient me was so sure that I'd lose the auction on the one. Whoops.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

But two is one and one is none so really you're just sadly deficient in every other piece of gear. You know, from a redundancy standpoint.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's backup, baby! :haw:

(Seriously, though; if ya' going on tour and can afford carrying a backup, go for it)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Turbinosamente posted:

I am also somewhat sure that guitar is in fact awesome music poo poo. Stupid music poo poo is me foolishly getting two of the same guitar pedal off of ebay because impatient me was so sure that I'd lose the auction on the one. Whoops.

:justpost: the pedals 😁

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Please let it be a ditto looper

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I wish I was skilled enough to go on tour but alas no. It's not even a super good pedal (I don't think?) I just wanted to dork around with a cheap simple delay. At least between both orders I'll have the box, manual, random Roland power supply, and instrument cable too. Hooray for completeness?

I am sorely tempted to wire both of them in to see what happens, even though it probably just produces an endless loop of cacophonous noise.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If it's anything like the amps, then you're in good hands. Jet City makes (made? I dunno at this point) good stuff.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That’s cool! We all need a bog standard delay.

Wark Say posted:

If it's anything like the amps, then you're in good hands. Jet City makes (made? I dunno at this point) good stuff.

They are a great value for the money. So much so that Hovercraft Amps buys them, mods them and rebadges them under his own brand and he turns a profit lol.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Wark Say posted:

So far so good I think, the first one arrived a couple days ago and seemed to be fine in my limited testing. The next one arrives tomorrow.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That's almost even better than a looper that one delay hits and then another one hits some days later.

Solomon Gumball
Jul 24, 2019

Thumposaurus posted:

The dazzle design makes it look very 60s/mod-era in style, great stuff, it's not stupid.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

A dazzle camo bolt-on LP is kind of stupid, but it's the best kind of stupid.

In fact you should share how you did the camo so we can all be as stupid with out cheap guitars.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Well you just get some wide masking tape and tape up the whole body and then go to town on it with a razor blade.
I did another dazzle job on another cheap-o guitar I got from a thrift store for $6 a couple of years ago.

It's a nice way to liven up an otherwise boring guitar.
When I did the first one I looked at so many different dazzle camo patterns I think I permanently burned them into my brain this one I just free handed it and didn't do any research.
One of those death metal pedals is also going along with the LP with some little practice amp I've got kicking around. I've got too much poo poo it's good tip give it away to people who will appreciate it.

When we come back from our trip I have a parts banjo I'm almost done putting back together I want to do an EVH 5150 style paint job on.

Thumposaurus fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 19, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Hun will never see you coming!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Which one of you did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLjLeeRtRcA

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2RYDodIQcE

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 28, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Good god.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

This makes me feel lazy. I'm sitting on a couple dozen songs without the energy or motivation to record them, but this guy, for all of his many, many faults, at least put the time in to record off his USB headset mic.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Me. I did it. Im always the one when people ask who did this

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

Me. I did it. Im always the one when people ask who did this
You shall pay for your crimes, Manlove! :mad:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
his face looks like kirby ate steve ray vaughan

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

he's prob cousins with Romeo Rose

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Ohgod I can't unsee it now. :cripes:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao :vince:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Yessssssss

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Who Care's? (About proper grammar)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

MattO posted:

he's prob cousins with Romeo Rose

They should team up and do a compilation album.

“Savage Rose”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GreatGreen posted:

They should team up and do a compilation album.

“Savage Rose”
:five:

Sometimes it's the little things and the simple jokes that work best. :)