Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The show is back to being crazy, as it should be.

I'm glad Betty ended up being supportive of Jughead going to the new school. I mean in the long run that school is totally going to end up being evil and ruining all their lives, but it was still very sweet of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Okay, so Reggie definitely, 100% murdered his dad, right? That’s not even in question at this point?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Phylodox posted:

Okay, so Reggie definitely, 100% murdered his dad, right? That’s not even in question at this point?

....I didn't think of that till you said it, but yeah that's the most Riverdale thing that could have happened.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Phylodox posted:

jesus gently caress he did didn't he

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Malpais Legate posted:

jesus gently caress he did didn't he

Nah, his dad is just on a camping trip with Jason Blossom.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I only just saw this and I know I'm way behind on things.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RareAcumen posted:

I only just saw this and I know I'm way behind on things.

KJ Apa looks mostly the same.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
As weird as Riverdale's sex scenes sometimes are, they would be so much worse if the actors actually looked like teens. I do not want to see Cody from Suite Life gently caress, even with a black dye-job.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIFyUwvF1Gg :stonk:

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Where is that "yikes heh heh yiiiikes" thing!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Still Fluxing posted:

As weird as Riverdale's sex scenes sometimes are, they would be so much worse if the actors actually looked like teens. I do not want to see Cody from Suite Life gently caress, even with a black dye-job.

I mean there are lots of shows like Euphoria nowadays that try to cast people who look like teens and fill the show up with sex scenes and it is exactly as worse as you think it is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Eej posted:

I mean there are lots of shows like Euphoria nowadays that try to cast people who look like teens and fill the show up with sex scenes and it is exactly as worse as you think it is.

Skins in the UK did it 12 years ago, and that was uncomfortable for me as a 20 something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Skins in the UK did it 12 years ago, and that was uncomfortable for me as a 20 something.

Weren't a lot of them really flipping young though? Kaya Scodelario was 15 I think? Nicholas Holt was 18.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Weren't a lot of them really flipping young though? Kaya Scodelario was 15 I think? Nicholas Holt was 18.

I knew they were teenagers, but I assumed they were 18.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Hoult was 16 when Skins series 1 was filmed. Most of the other main characters were 16-17 too, Joe Dempsie was 19.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 21, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't that the main draw of the show? Didn't they hype it as real teens?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Casting spoilers for previously unmentioned family members: Timothy Webber cast as Jughead's grandfather Forsythe Pendleton Jones the First and Ryan Robbins cast as Fred's previously unmentioned brother Frank Andrews

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ryan Robbins! Roger Cross is just around the corner!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat, thought for sure they’d cast Jason Priestley as Fred’s brother.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Marmaduke? Really? I mean, I know it's not the most ridiculous that happened this episode, but geez.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Marmaduke? Really? I mean, I know it's not the most ridiculous that happened this episode, but geez.

The show did not come up with that. Blame those 50 year old comics.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Riverdale Season 4: “While he... *massive eye roll*... takes off in his rocket.”

This episode was loving bonkers. One scene is a cult leader blackmailing a child for 250k CUT TO two schoolboys arguing about a mundane book report. I would have never predicted that's how the farm plotline would be resolved.*

*resolved is a stretch because the Black Hood and Gargoyle King are still a thing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hey so uh

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
Edgar’s Evel Knievel outfit and that rocket prop were beautiful.

Just when I was beginning to worry that the Gargoyle King might have been peak crazy, Riverdale delivers the goods.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Y’all worried about twenty somethings acting as teens banging and just gonna ignore the rat problem in the blossom household because :allbuttons:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Glad Jughead is in school with Bret EaWeston wEllis

edit: Oh my god that smash zoom of Edgar on the stairs oh my god.

edit: Oh my got the ROCKET

edit: Oh my god, *vaporises the liquid crazy and breaths deep* Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 27, 2019

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What the gently caress was Edgers plan anyways? Rocket up to space? I was hoping he'd lift off and pull a Challenger.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

GreenNight posted:

What the gently caress was Edgers plan anyways? Rocket up to space? I was hoping he'd lift off and pull a Challenger.
Maybe he's one of the flat earthers and was hoping he'd just hit the horizon and end up on the underside of the planet?

I'm also very conflicted about Archie's mindset with his community center gym; like he must know it's a super bad idea to fund your drug free community center with drug blood money, even if it's laundered by your girlfriend who is trying to distance herself from illegal activities. And I'd feel super insulted if I was Veronica or Toni, and these white friends just came to me and were all "Say, you guys are street smart about doing crimes, right? We're too whitebread to get it done."

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Archie is a giant moron

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Archie is a giant moron

Dude accidently reinvented ISIS back in season 2, yeah he real dumb.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nana Blossom mentioned triplets, there's totally an Eviler Cheryl out there.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

Na, it's Tony.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way this tiny plot thread doesn't end with Cheryl and Evil Cheryl on a rooftop and Toni has to figure out which one is real.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I refuse to believe that Cheryl isn't the evil triplet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Still Fluxing posted:

I refuse to believe that Cheryl isn't the evil triplet.

This is an excellent point. Not Cheryl is probably a nun.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rhyno posted:

This is an excellent point. Not Cheryl is probably a nun.

Not Cheryl is a down to earth butch mechanic with a heart of gold. Surprisingly, she and Regular Cheryl get along great and decide to team up and murder their mother for the good of society.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Cheryl is loving crazy jesus christ.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm so happy that the next episode promo is all about them bringing back the single dumbest thing on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ok I have to admit I'm glad they actually had Easter egg with pureheart the powerful in this ridiculous show

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 2, 2019