Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Dammerung posted:

This was what really did it for me. I used to be way more into alt-right discussion spaces back in my younger, wilder, and stupider days, and that was one of the behaviors that I am sincerely ashamed that I helped legitimate (not by participating but by not speaking out) among those circles. Man, the stuff that was claimed and joked/memed about with regards to Representative Ocasio-Cortez, and, curiously enough, Representative Omar, was painful to read. It definitely comes down to power relations and ordering the world in a coherent way. The squad isn't tight-knit because they share goals, it's because they're all doing... things together. Female politicians in general aren't popular because of their policies and leadership abilities, it's because of the favors they offer male politicians to secretly lead their efforts, or just because they can't control themselves. I can't apologize for what I've done, because I don't think it's something that can be forgiven. The only thing I can do now is try to speak out against it and make the world a better place however I can.

Glad to hear you got out of that situation. Not everyone would actually have self-assessed like that so props to you.

Sounds like it's less about ordering the world a certain way and more about enforcing a belief that women are inferior to men and can't have agency. Which is unsurprising, given some of the groups that contributed to the alt-right movement.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

Even the interpretation of taxing the wealthy as punitive instead of corrective is problematic. It implies that there's nothing wrong with rampant wealth inequality and that we're just taxing rich people because we're mean.

TBF, the author looks exactly like someone I would tax just because I'm mean

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

:holymoley:

ummel posted:

On the flip side, I went to a hipster mall (breweries and casual dining, as well as axe throwing and poo poo) that used an old middle school building in Huntsville, AL. It even has a speakeasy behind some old lockers.

Anyways, that's my story about upcycling dilapidated buildings from the 80s.

Never thought I'd see Campus 805 get a mention here.

FUN FACT: That old middle school also used to be an old high school before the high school moved into the weird building that now houses a church. It's the Circle of Life™ or some poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

bird cooch posted:

I have a Newfoundland and she tries to "save" people whenever there is a splash fight. I think it's funny, my daughter getting hauled to the beach by her ponytail less so.

That dog sounds funny and cool.

bird cooch posted:

And as pretty as they are, they don't make great pets.

Can't let that stand. Great Pyrs aren't just great pets, they're the best pets.

E: On topic.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1184647737050062848?s=19

The whole family's powers of self delusion are unfathomable.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 19, 2019

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Stickman posted:

TBF, the author looks exactly like someone I would tax just because I'm mean

A bald white guy tax might be a good idea, you're right

bird cooch posted:

And as pretty as they are, they don't make great pets.

They got a job to do!

I have a Newfoundland and she tries to "save" people whenever there is a splash fight. I think it's funny, my daughter getting hauled to the beach by her ponytail less so.

idk I was saved and herded by a bunch of dogs growing up and while it sucks, it probably was one of the core experiences that taught me to be stubborn af and to stand up for myself very forcefully. Growing up around 100+ lb working dogs owns.

Also thanks for bringing up newfies so I can tell my favorite (true) dog story that i post like every 9 months:

The soviets, knowing that newfies were great at water rescue, thought that perhaps they could breed a superior water rescue dog by crossing them with the famously huge and aggressive ovcharkas with the hope that the added size and insulation of the ovcharkas coat would make them even better for cold water rescue. Early tests didn't go well. Nor did later tests. Turns out they just bred a massive dog that wanted to bite drowning swimmers

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 19, 2019

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185389914470473729?s=19

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

TulliusCicero posted:

I know that she has abhorrent views on a lot of issues and she is a staunch isolationist nationalist, and also people trying to defend her as a "Leftist" in this thread lmao what the gently caress

She would be considered a Republican in line with Rand Paul if she wasn't in Hawaii

Personally her and Hillary can sink each other's terrible battleships all day for all I loving care

If we're lucky they'll tear each other to pieces.

Also, Tulsi's meltdown comes off as a more articulate "NO PUPPET! YOU'RE THE PUPPET!" lmao

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185339160858648576

i feel like attacking romney right now is a bad move.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

He can feel the tide turning.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jealous Cow posted:

He can feel the tide turning.

He is probably one more major gently caress up away from major Republican issues

Which is sad that it took this many and now they're just considering him a problem

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
I eagerly await the day Trump's numbers dip enough that he starts lashing out at his base.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

What is this even referring to? Because it sounds like a new Call of Duty sequel or something.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I straight up scroll right past Trump tweets, they're not even worth reading, ever. Trying to understand them is a fools errand for sure

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

He is probably one more major gently caress up away from major Republican issues

Which is sad that it took this many and now they're just considering him a problem

Syrian resolution in the house was a 354-60 vote against his policy yesterday. He's meaningfully lost a lot of republicans.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Syrian resolution in the house was a 354-60 vote against his policy yesterday. He's meaningfully lost a lot of republicans.

Yeah and then they made a fake ceasefire and basically all hype about the situation died. Propaganda works.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

lol, Romney ain’t gonna do poo poo and neither is any other republican in an attempt to defend him.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pyrenees are great!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

beejay posted:

Yeah and then they made a fake ceasefire and basically all hype about the situation died. Propaganda works.
Romney immediately tore the "ceasefire" to pieces on the floor of the senate.

The news is full of stories about the continued fighting. And when they're not talking about that they're talking about Ukraine, Guilliani and Mulvaney.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

beejay posted:

Everyone is running on information that they barely pay attention to scrolling through their phone half falling asleep

News reporting in 2019 may as well be a "hypnosis to stop smoking while sleeping" tape.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

poo poo I forgot the Romney stuff was today, ugh crime dilation.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

so by tomorrow afternoon at the latest you say

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

beejay posted:

Uh no, people have been posting pics of kids getting lit up why white phosphorous and MoC are still pissed off, hth

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Archonex posted:

Glad to hear you got out of that situation. Not everyone would actually have self-assessed like that so props to you.

Sounds like it's less about ordering the world a certain way and more about enforcing a belief that women are inferior to men and can't have agency. Which is unsurprising, given some of the groups that contributed to the alt-right movement.

Yep, I completely agree with that. There were a whole lot of very lonely and very sad people. and it was (and still is!) a bit weird to see this expressed hatred for women intermingle with people talking about how they wanted to be different people, wanted to date, and wanted others to be proud of them. So in that sense, maybe they... well, who am I kidding, we just needed somebody to stomp on to feel better about ourselves and our situations and feel like we had some power and agency in a world that seemed all too willing to judge us. The shameful thing is, we all deserved a whole lot worse than we were getting, and I think we all knew it, even if we weren't admitting it at the time.

The thing is, what we were feeling wasn't too different from what other people were feeling. The difference was that we had decided that it would only be good and right to try to make everybody feel that same pain by inflicting it on them, to...? In a way, I think it really does just come down to empathy. To look at all that's happened to you in life and decide to sacrifice everything you have left to help make a world where nobody has to go through that again. I think realizing the importance of that distinction really is what can catch people up.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Yikes

https://twitter.com/AmbassadorRice/status/1185394028612706304

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lmao, what a jackass

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
WTF

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/1185380604889763840

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I'm taking this one to bed with me like a hot water bottle to snuggle up to.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Google Butt posted:

I straight up scroll right past Trump tweets, they're not even worth reading, ever. Trying to understand them is a fools errand for sure

Yeah I respect (and thank) those of you who can stand reading his poo poo for me because I can't. I'd rather save my braincells and only really stop to read them when people start freaking out. At this point the tweets are basically the white noise of angry/terrified/confused old man lashing out.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Can't let that stand. Great Pyrs aren't just great pets, they're the best pets.

Ours were working dogs. They wanted to be with the sheep and other critters in the farm. Loved digging giant holes and laying in the fresh dirt, being filthy at all times and were cool with people, but wanted to be in the barn all the time.

Now we have a berner for child tending and newf for involuntarily water rescue. Works out great as we are a water crazy family.

Looking at talking up ranching again soon, but this time with an even more eco friendly slant. Goats instead of cows and sheep, more (than the hundreds we had) birds and getting serious about renewable energy as the place we are looking at is off the grid.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Lightning Knight posted:

Daily reminder to cancel your subscriptions to WaPo and NYT lol.

Counterpoint: if your delicate eyes can't deal with an Insufficiently Leftist ArgumentsHeadlines, don't look at opinion sections.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Susan Rice is trash but this is the best rebuke of Trump lies that I've ever seen.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

My bro just got a Great Pyr. It's cool as gently caress and I can't wait to dogsit for him.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

only hillary could somehow gently caress up a criticism on tulsi gabbard

now tulsi's tweet has over 200k 'likes' on twitter :lol:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mr Interweb posted:

What percent are from bots?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Munkeymon posted:

Counterpoint: if your delicate eyes can't deal with an Insufficiently Leftist ArgumentsHeadlines, don't look at opinion sections.

Real Leftists donate money to Brietbart and the Daily Stormer to show how secure they are in their beliefs.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

What exactly did she gently caress up? The only people criticizing her are right wingers.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Stickman posted:

Real Leftists donate money to Brietbart and the Daily Stormer to show how secure they are in their beliefs.

:jerkbag: yeah sure that's the normal takeaway here

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I really wish this worthless tulsi vs hilldog poo poo counted as primary chat so it can gently caress off and this news cycle needs to wrap it up

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Is Trump hiding on a golf course this weekend or is he booked for another mycrimes.txt tour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
:thunk:

https://twitter.com/RickPetree/status/1185245713279737856