Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Parrotine posted:

What ever happened to that guy

Not really sure, but he certainly built himself quite the reputation around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Parrotine posted:

What ever happened to that guy

I think it was because GIP ran him out of town because he was a civilian IT contractor who felt he ranked the same as a lieutenant colonel in the marine corp

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Lying on applications is how I broke into finance. I had been unemployed for 6 months and just started applying to every single job hoping I could impress them and get hired before a background check was needed/completed and my first firm hired me with out doing a super deep one. By the time they figured out I never went to college I had already been there 9 months and been promoted so they decided to keep me.

Solzhenitsyn was put in a sharashka because he jokingly put down his occupation as, "theoretical physicist", during a "re-evaluation" of his sentence.

On the other end, my father was hired by the company that got him into the business he's in out of a temp service. After doing graphical design for six months, his boss looked at his CV and offered a position writing the manuals. "Why didn't you tell me that you are fluent in three languages?" Dad told him it was on his application. Whoop.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Best obviousplant in a while.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Elfface posted:

Didn't apply, gets rejected

I'd take it over applying and hearing nothing so months later you just have to assume they wanted someone else.

This is how I do dating.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I really dig that one of the six comments on the video is the actress from the video commenting that it's her in the video, and it has zero likes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I upvoted, great job, Susanna Dekker

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

trapped mouse posted:

I really dig that one of the six comments on the video is the actress from the video commenting that it's her in the video, and it has zero likes.

I've liked her comment. Why haven't you?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

How could you not post the actual video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmVpXcW0TU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

trapped mouse posted:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

madeintaipei posted:

Solzhenitsyn was put in a sharashka because he jokingly put down his occupation as, "theoretical physicist", during a "re-evaluation" of his sentence.

wait what

this thing is real? i hope that is true because it is amazing

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment

Caufman
May 7, 2007

CaptainViolence posted:

wait what

this thing is real? i hope that is true because it is amazing fantastic

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CaptainViolence posted:

wait what

One of the best minor characters in FNV

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

CaptainViolence posted:

wait what

Randaconda posted:

One of the best minor characters in FNV

As dumb as it sounds, Fantastic is a good, small example of what sets NV apart from FO3 and FO4. He's a comic relief character that you can call a dumbass and have a good laugh, but he's also indicative of a systemic problem with the NCR that is important to the plot in broad strokes. Then after you call him a dumbass, you can go into the very next room and have a nuanced discussion with the real scientist about the ethics of weapon development and resource management in a post-apocalyptic civilization. All of that, in the span of a minute of gameplay, is FO at its best.

In other words, New Vegas is fantastic. :c00l:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Railing Kill posted:

As dumb as it sounds, Fantastic is a good, small example of what sets NV apart from FO3 and FO4. He's a comic relief character that you can call a dumbass and have a good laugh, but he's also indicative of a systemic problem with the NCR that is important to the plot in broad strokes. Then after you call him a dumbass, you can go into the very next room and have a nuanced discussion with the real scientist about the ethics of weapon development and resource management in a post-apocalyptic civilization. All of that, in the span of a minute of gameplay, is FO at its best.

In other words, New Vegas is fantastic. :c00l:

You can also just cap him and nobody bats an eyelid because they all hate him.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1185227035104464901

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tails Gets Trolled has made it into Russian memes, mission accomplished

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

A companion piece to this :nws: work of art: https://i.imgur.com/tiJLh0x.jpg

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

I don't think that image will ever be topped.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

This makes me feel some emotions I don't know the names of.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Smashing Link posted:

I don't think that image will ever be topped.

:nws: https://imgur.com/Vez0Lha

e. re-uploaded

CATTASTIC has a new favorite as of 06:47 on Oct 19, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gone

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

bike tory posted:

I remember that from Genmay

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
What's a genmay

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Not much, what's a genmay with you?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Genmay deez nutz

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

You can also just cap him and nobody bats an eyelid because they all hate him.
Also if you help the Legion take over Helios One, Fantastic just joins the Legion and carries on as if nothing had happened

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP posted:

Also if you help the Legion take over Helios One, Fantastic just joins the Legion and carries on as if nothing had happened

I always did Yes Man or Mr. House endings :kiddo:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
No Gods No Masters is the best "Local Man too Angry to Die" playthrough there is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tree Bucket posted:

This makes me feel some emotions I don't know the names of.

Danger 5 was an Australian TV show in 2012, with two seasons on SBS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z09bNgSeMI

It's also the origin of the Sensible Chuckle magazine meme.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Their concert in Oslo a couple of years ago is easily one of the best I've ever been to. Up there with Weird Al and Andrew WK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BiDlBsYVaQ

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Why don't you love me, Genmay?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Danger 5 was an Australian TV show in 2012, with two seasons on SBS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z09bNgSeMI

It's also the origin of the Sensible Chuckle magazine meme.

It's also really loving good.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No! Don't be fooled by his charm, he will absolutely kill you all! with a shark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My daughter, when she was single digits, saw a few episodes of Danger 5 on Netflix. She thought Hitler was funny, so she drew a bunch of swastikas and put them in our windows facing the street. We live in a predominately black and Hispanic neighborhood, so I was mortified and we had to figure out how to explain to a six year old autistic kid what parody means and why Hitler was actually not funny but in fact bad. Well, that is my Danger 5 story!