Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Draga posted:

Decided to spend my last 30 quartz to try for Danzo and got her! Probably never going to use her thanks to my NP5 Cleo taking her spot, but she's too cool to not at least try for.
I did a single roll and got her too and probably won't use her often for the same reason BUT apparently she's good for filling a role similar to Arash.

She's got two get-out-of-jail cards with her invincibility and evasion skills that she can pop onto other servants. This means, when a big nasty is about to release their AoE NP, she can protect her teammates, get ruined by said NP, and switch-in someone from your back line. I can see this strat being somewhat helpful, so I'm going to invest in her regardless of her otherwise mediocre everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This is true, but David can do the same thing and comes with a Charisma on top of it and a 3-star cost. :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tristan also, or any dps with their own hard survivability + certain MCs etc etc.

danzo is one of the easier options to actually have perform that role and guaranteed die but she offers no additional benefit. tbh the strat seems more like an oh poo poo button than something to plan around.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'd be more tempted to use David as the OH SHI- button, honestly. Danzo, especially combined with that 3* NP-on-death CE, would be a useful strat for eating an enemy NP then setting up on hellava nova round. Not something I'd use all the time, but a good plan to have in my back pocket.

I was initially going to send her to the bench but, even if it isn't the most effective strat in the world, it still makes her vastly more useful than many od the other assassins under my employ.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i farmed fuyuki for almost two days just to make this happen earlier than Sunday

edit: this was my biggest and final goal for the year, we made it guys

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 18, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
...okay, I overprepared for the Yagyu fight. Every video of the fight I saw seemed hard, but I brought Kuro and she just massacred him. 6 turn kill, no deaths.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Halloween next week.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

At last the epic finale to the Elizabeth Halloween Trilogy will be released and Fate/Grand Order will be complete.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dr Pepper posted:

At last the epic finale to the Elizabeth Halloween Trilogy will be released and Fate/Grand Order will be complete.

Not until Archimedes arrives in Chaldea and discovers it is his own personal hell.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Not until Archimedes arrives in Chaldea and discovers it is his own personal hell.

Where's our pink sweater Spiritron Dress for Liz, DW?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Burned a ticket on the Musashi / Tomoe banner. Got gold, oh poo poo....

Drake. :negative: What can she do that Astolfo can't?!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she can actually kill things with her cards and generate multiple NPs. plus NP1 post-interlude doesn't lose too much damage on NP2 astolfo while being easier to buff (currently)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everything....?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Drake has a 50% charge, can generate NP fast even without it, has high enough hit count cards that she makes respectable amounts of stars by herself, can help boost an ally with her skill 1, and has great animations like HOUGEKI YOI.

Honestly the only thing I’d really give Astolfo over her is Skadi compatibility.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bakanogami posted:

Honestly the only thing I’d really give Astolfo over her is Skadi compatibility.

Cuteness and personality :colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Drake has massive tracts of land for a seaman

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Drake is my Beer Aunt

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Drake is very cute when she wants to be :colbert:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Also here to report that after playing four years, I finally got Lancer Lizzie so I have all lizzies

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bogart posted:

Drake not only does more damage thanks to be an SSR compared to a low ATK SR, but she also has a better deck. QAABB is a lot better for damage than QQQAB. Drake also has NP gain, with a good NP Gain stat, two Arts cards, and Golden Rule she'll be able to NP twice by the time Astolfo does once.

Drake also offers more team utility in Voyager of the Storm, party wide ATK+NP Damage buff is very good. Pioneer of the Stars is a better NP battery too. Providing guaranteed stars and pierce invincibility.

About the only thing Astolfo can do that Drake can't his Hard Defense. Astolfo has a stun and his NP gives 3 hit evade.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I really want Drake.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Drake is how I 3 turn the doors without thinking, even if you don't have a kscope or a Waver she can get off an np off a scrubby 50% CE and effortlessly facecard the next two waves.

Borrow a mona lisa drake and just sleepfarm.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bogart posted:

Providing you a shitton of FP evey day if you put her on Rider slot with a MLB Mona Lisa.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

YggdrasilTM posted:

Providing you a shitton of FP evey day if you put her on Rider slot with a MLB Mona Lisa.

I dont have a Mona Lisa let alone a MLB one and Drake is still the most used servant by people on my friends list.

Which sucks, you should all be using my Bunyan. :colbert:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Astolfo has a 50% NP charge now too. :ssh:

He's still pretty bad beyond farming though, even with a great NP and good skillset. There's only so much you can do with three two-hit quick cards that can't really generate either stars or NP meter.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

330 Saint Quartz and 2 Tickets for Tomoe Gozen.

All I've got is a Penth, a Suzuka Gozen, a NP4 Inshun, and a buttload of Craft Essences.

:suicide:

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Bogart posted:

I had gotten a Musashi on the new year banner but I wanted to get her to NP2 because she's my favorite Servant. It took me 58 tickets and 930 quartz to get a copy of her and the only other SSR I got was a copy of Jack who I already had.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh, are we here to discuss gacha kicking us in the dick? Sure: Just spent 330 quartz for no Shuten. Yay me

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Factor_VIII posted:

I had gotten a Musashi on the new year banner but I wanted to get her to NP2 because she's my favorite Servant. It took me 58 tickets and 930 quartz to get a copy of her and the only other SSR I got was a copy of Jack who I already had.

Im always amazed at the impulse control you guys have to save up that many tickets and quartz. Tickets I always blow as soon as I have them and quartz I can usually save up to around 90 before I start using them. :smith:

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Furnaceface posted:

Im always amazed at the impulse control you guys have to save up that many tickets and quartz. Tickets I always blow as soon as I have them and quartz I can usually save up to around 90 before I start using them. :smith:

I save because the odds are so bad that you need all the tries you can get for Servants you really want. I had been tempted to roll for Raikou, but now that I blew almost everything I had on getting a second copy of Musashi, I think I won't roll again until the Skadi banner.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

burned for like 500 quartz and however many tickets on the summer banners for no SSRs and 1 SR.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Factor_VIII posted:

I save because the odds are so bad that you need all the tries you can get for Servants you really want. I had been tempted to roll for Raikou, but now that I blew almost everything I had on getting a second copy of Musashi, I think I won't roll again until the Skadi banner.

I saved 600 SQ for Salem second banner and gudaguda 3. After that, it's Skadi saving time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Factor_VIII posted:

Its probably just a combination of me being bad at the game while also not being very familiar with the Fate franchise in general causing me to not really plan ahead or pick favourites (other than Drake and Astolfo because they were so fun in LINK) so I may as well just spend it and see if whoever I get turns out to be fun.

I hit bond 9 with Herc tonight. I imagine finishing Camelot will get him most of the way to 10 making him my first max bond servant. Salter and Bunyan arent far behind at just hitting 8.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Drake is very cute

Agreed.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Hello, new subforum.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Took me forever to notice the new subforum.

Scraped up another 30 quartz to try for Musashi again and walked away with a pile of garbage.

Speaking of, what do you do with the awful 4 and 5 star CEs that are beyond useless? Cubes or turn them in to exp?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Took me forever to notice the new subforum.

Scraped up another 30 quartz to try for Musashi again and walked away with a pile of garbage.

Speaking of, what do you do with the awful 4 and 5 star CEs that are beyond useless? Cubes or turn them in to exp?

which ones?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

extra CEs are perfect for CE exp. mana prisms come in large enough amounts from events that you won't get much benefit from burning CEs for them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You'll want to keep most 4 star CEs because you never know when you'll need to use them to save on Cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there are still four 4* CEs in the general pool that give event bonuses: Art of Death, Gentle Affection, Art of Venomous Snake, and Innocent Maiden. Art of Death is great even after Davinci rerun, and Gentle Affection is one of the best CEs with that effect. AoVS and Maiden can be tossed after their event reruns though.

outside of those the only 4* i've kept that seem to see frequent use are IE, Divine Banquet, Outrage and Iron Training/Shroud of Magdalene. feels like stacking a party with 5* CEs tends to leave you in a situation where you've only got cost for 3* CEs rather than 4*. Magecraft Antumbra has a pretty potent boost for a 4* though.

e: obviously if your own set of CEs has you needing certain boosts that 4* CEs provide, don't get rid of them just because they may not "hold up" long-term. also CE storage is not a resource that is usually in high demand so it's not a huge deal to keep around stuff while you're feeling out whether you need it or not. i'm pretty sure i still have the card-type boost 4*s in my second archive alongside knight's dignity and whatnot.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 19, 2019