Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Desiden posted:

I think that's referring to the Horus Heresy period, when Emps was still up and around. There's been a number of brief flashes of Emps in those books where people see past his glaring psychic power and see a fairly mundane, tired, old man. Whether the whole Giant Golden Anatolian God thing is completely an illusion, a form he can adopt, or whatever hasn't (afaik) ever been fully laid out.

Cawl describes the emperor as looking different to different people, like his hair color and skin tone is very variable, and the only constant is his vibrant brown eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Cawl left out the giant schlong due to modesty

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
That's because Cawl later took it for himself

Why do you think his robes are so long?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
No matter the discipline, every Tech Priest requests a mechadendrite for their first augmentation. I choose to allow myself to experience amusement at this fact before returning my emotions to sequestration.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Gotta jack in to jack off, baby

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well without a mechadendrite, what’s to protect you when dendrite starts tearing through Tokyo?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Getting a bit further along on Uzgrak. I'm pretty happy with how the facepaint turned out.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

JackMann posted:

Getting a bit further along on Uzgrak. I'm pretty happy with how the facepaint turned out.

Great concept, great execution.

Now I just need to get my brain to stop seeing the headdress as a beer hat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Great concept, great execution.

Now I just need to get my brain to stop seeing the headdress as a beer hat.

You don't need to pretend it isn't a beer hat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lot of iron tears re IH patch 1.1

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

JBP posted:

Lot of iron tears re IH patch 1.1

I specifically went looking for this from some of the usual suspects (Dakka & Reddit) and hardly found any salt at all. Just one IH player who accepted the changes were needed but wished they'd done this at the next big FAQ instead rather than so soon.

It's been the closest I've ever seen to unanimous agreement on GW rules, which probably means hell is about to freeze over.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

xtothez posted:

I specifically went looking for this from some of the usual suspects (Dakka & Reddit) and hardly found any salt at all. Just one IH player who accepted the changes were needed but wished they'd done this at the next big FAQ instead rather than so soon.

It's been the closest I've ever seen to unanimous agreement on GW rules, which probably means hell is about to freeze over.

There are a not invisible number of people complaining on the 40k FB about it. It's basically people looking at the errata and their $40 model then screaming "you mean I have to use my brain" at the monitor.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

RagnarokAngel posted:

In the Dark Imperium novel Guilliman states that without his glamour he speaks in a monotone stilted way, with none of the charisma he used to.

Wait, Guilliman and the Emperor have a literal conversation? I thought the Emperor was essentially incapable of any interaction in the real world and was only psychically alive.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
They communicate in some way that isn't well defined, but the suggestion is it's more of a one-way psychic blast from the emperor than a real conversation. Then Guilliman has a little cry about how his corpse daddy doesn't pretend to love him enough anymore.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Would be pretty depressing being the emperor now tbh

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I caved and bought an Impulsor :( Needed a bunch of paints anyway and sticking that on the order got me free shipping.

Now I'm torn between how best to use it with Dark Angels. I could:

a) Stick just 5-6 Hellblasters inside to make an early strong attack, but with less benefit from Weapons from the Dark Age, or
b) Use it as a cheap objective grabber with Intercessors, and walk a full 10 Hellblasters up the field with Azreal's invuln and an Ancient.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xtothez posted:

I caved and bought an Impulsor :( Needed a bunch of paints anyway and sticking that on the order got me free shipping.

a) Stick just 5-6 Hellblasters inside to make an early strong attack, but with less benefit from Weapons from the Dark Age, or
b) Use it as a cheap objective grabber with Intercessors, and walk a full 10 Hellblasters up the field with Azreal's invuln and an Ancient.

By itself I suspect it's going to be a great blocker. Buy two! Consume!

5 Hellblasters and a Chaplain for +1 to hit could be decent.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I’m not thinking of getting into another army any time soon but the picture I’ve added had me wondering, would it be difficult for a 40k Plague Marines body to fit a AOS Skaven head?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

By itself I suspect it's going to be a great blocker. Buy two! Consume!

5 Hellblasters and a Chaplain for +1 to hit could be decent.
Dark Angels don't have access to litanies yet. :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Safety Factor posted:

Dark Angels don't have access to litanies yet. :v:

Doh!

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Got some devastators done just in time for armies on parade.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

xtothez posted:

Walking Hellblasters up the field with Azrael and an Ancient is not, in my experience, a winning strat. They die pretty quick because no one wants that poo poo getting into double-tap range. My plan, whenever I feel like buying more DAngels, was five hellbois and Azrael in one Impulsor, and five more plus an Ancient in another. You only get to WotDA half of them, which blows, but I think in the tank (especially if you take the 4++ shield on it) they might actually survive long enough to put in work, plus the disembark-after-moving rule puts you in RF range much earlier.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

ANAmal.net posted:

Walking Hellblasters up the field with Azrael and an Ancient is not, in my experience, a winning strat. They die pretty quick because no one wants that poo poo getting into double-tap range. My plan, whenever I feel like buying more DAngels, was five hellbois and Azrael in one Impulsor, and five more plus an Ancient in another. You only get to WotDA half of them, which blows, but I think in the tank (especially if you take the 4++ shield on it) they might actually survive long enough to put in work, plus the disembark-after-moving rule puts you in RF range much earlier.

Azrael hasn't been biggified yet and can't ride in an Impulsor. Would need either a 3rd transport or less effective Primaris captain for re-rolls. Or, at a push, a dread nearby to use their strat on.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Two exciting reviews today!

Codex supplement: Imperial Fists https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-supplement-imperial-fists-the-goonhammer-review/
Psychic Awakening: Drukhari https://www.goonhammer.com/lots-to-obsess-over-psychic-awakening-phoenix-rising-review-part-3-drukhari/

I wrote both of these (or rather co-wrote, Booley did tons of the work on Fists and I can't claim credit for that) and I'm definitely more excited about the Marines than the Drukhari.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Corrode posted:

Codex supplement: Imperial Fists https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-supplement-imperial-fists-the-goonhammer-review/
Psychic Awakening: Drukhari https://www.goonhammer.com/lots-to-obsess-over-psychic-awakening-phoenix-rising-review-part-3-drukhari/

I wrote both of these (or rather co-wrote, Booley did tons of the work on Fists and I can't claim credit for that) and I'm definitely more excited about the Marines than the Drukhari.

Cheers for both, I now have space to properly store and fix up my Drukari, looking forward to what you think.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Did Games Workshop even think while writing those faction trait rules for the Dark Eldar

Like why the gently caress are they trying to give melee bonuses to warriors lmfao

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
If I need info now I go straight to goonhammer before a general Google. It's become my defacto resource.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

goose willis posted:

Did Games Workshop even think while writing those faction trait rules for the Dark Eldar

Like why the gently caress are they trying to give melee bonuses to warriors lmfao

Flavor? Like, they are rowdy assault boys too in the fiction.

My big takeaway is having an Obsession called Dark Mirth is incredible, and every army should be built around it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Corrode posted:

That's going to confirm what my Drukhari playing buddy feared, as his impression was 'okay I guess, but not enough to try and find space for it in my go-to force.'

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
After having a good read, this also fans the flames of a suspicion I have had about GW and their design practice: good guys should always beat the bad guys.

The half arsed chaos release before Marines 2.0 got me wondering.... But now with the Dark eldar it has me certain. (at least Chaos space marines got some decent changes).

It's not looking good for Orks or Nids.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Foul Ole Ron posted:

After having a good read, this also fans the flames of a suspicion I have had about GW and their design practice: good guys should always beat the bad guys.

The half arsed chaos release before Marines 2.0 got me wondering.... But now with the Dark eldar it has me certain. (at least Chaos space marines got some decent changes).

It's not looking good for Orks or Nids.

I don't think that I can read any books put out by gw and think they have that level of planning.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Hypothetical rules case: let's say an S1 weapon is attacking something with T2, do you roll a 5+ because it's one lower, or do you roll a 6+ because it's half?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There isn't a rule for "one lower". If it's even it's 4+, less than even but more than half is 5+, and half or less is 6+. It would be 6+.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Have there been any more on those rumors that after the Sisters of Battle army set we're not getting anything until February?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Dawgstar posted:

Have there been any more on those rumors that after the Sisters of Battle army set we're not getting anything until February?

It's hard to know for sure, but given the timing of the release in November, it'd be unlikely - GW doesn't traditionally drop big model releases in December, since instead we get the big battleforce bundles and Chapter Approved.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Suits me just fine. Means I won't have the temptation to corrorder an entire wheelbarrow full of sisters all at once.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Dawgstar posted:

GW normally does this. In the last few years when they've (re)launched whole factions virtually from scratch it's almost always been done as multiple releases. GSC & Deathwatch had a joint boxed game a few months before their codexes, AdMech came out as 2 codexes in 7E, Armiger knights in Forgebane, etc.

It gives people a chance to get things painted up gradually and is less likey to go over their hobby budget in one go.

I'd expect the full army release from Feb-April.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Are there any T2 models in the game?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Those dark eldar obsessions are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

goose willis posted:

Are there any T2 models in the game?

Grotz. I'm struggling to think of any S1 weapons / attacks though.