Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope you enjoy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Spikegal posted:

I preordered Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 and never once felt foolish for it. History has made me a winner!

They had a Gamergater social media manager for a while, though, which prompted me to boycott all video games forever, just to be on the safe side.

I make an exception every year to purchase the yearly instalment of WWE 2k, a franchise managed by a publisher who respects its customers just enough to make sure the game barely works and treats its developers so well they leave.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Brokenogre posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MasonSteelWWE/status/1185285328464044032

Aparently you fight LITERAL SATAN in the my career mode

"For no reason" uh, how about "'cause that's kind of awesome?"

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

coconono posted:

at least let me ring the bell

Someone please make a Virtual Pro Referee, that's all I want in a wrestling game. Maybe a game with the promoter yelling in your ear piece and having to deal with wrestlers going business for themselves.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I don't want to buy this game or it's DLC but the Spring Breakout arena is going to force me.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1185325770010329088

DLC for 2k20 confirmed, not liking that the southpaw DLC looks as flashy as it does, the youtube series always put it out there as this little garbage indy, the whole wrestling ring in the middle of a pool like the old Nitro spring break episodes doesnt fit in my opinion

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
The wackiness is tempting me to buy back in...

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Wait a month and let the wackiness draw you in for 30 bucks less.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Wait a month and let the wackiness draw you in for 30 bucks less.

Yeah I am stupid enough to buy these games on day 1 doesn't mean everyone has to, worst case scenario on your next day off run to your closest redbox and spend 3 bucks to play the game for 24 hours if the wackyness is tempting you but you are unsure, the game will be in redbox on 10-29 according to the Email i got earlier

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Brokenogre posted:

DLC for 2k20 confirmed, not liking that the southpaw DLC looks as flashy as it does, the youtube series always put it out there as this little garbage indy, the whole wrestling ring in the middle of a pool like the old Nitro spring break episodes doesnt fit in my opinion

Think of the new sets less as sets and more as pieces for the arena creator. The one huge thing this series has going for it is it's dolly dress up functionality. You can make just about anything, and what you can't make is available on Community Creations (at least on Ps4).

The insane thing about the game is that after you make your stuff, the part where you smash them together is not fun, at best, and a chore at worst.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

. You can make just about anything, and what you can't make is available on Community Creations (at least on Ps4).

Yeah not so much on PC on the flip side of that though, PC you can jam in old character models and movesets from previous games, and you have the ability to inject any music you want over the god awful generic themes and update themes and trons for wrestlers who happen to get changes done during the year

The southpaw one just worries me because like the youtube series was so off the wall and like obvious that it was a garbage promotion, the set dressing for the DLC makes me think more "what if Lethal Leap Year actually happened and was a huge success" although I will say the fact that bray does commentary in one of the Bump in the Night towers, we might get Cena and Fandango on commentary on Southpaw

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 19, 2019

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Think of the new sets less as sets and more as pieces for the arena creator. The one huge thing this series has going for it is it's dolly dress up functionality. You can make just about anything, and what you can't make is available on Community Creations (at least on Ps4).

The insane thing about the game is that after you make your stuff, the part where you smash them together is not fun, at best, and a chore at worst.

that's assuming these are actually in the arena creator, last year they had a fake tokyo dome and a fake korakuen hall but you couldn't use either of them for custom arenas

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

John Dudebro posted:

that's assuming these are actually in the arena creator, last year they had a fake tokyo dome and a fake korakuen hall but you couldn't use either of them for custom arenas

They did add 4 parts to CAA with bump in the night but its just like a cage a wagon a fountain and a tree, and they dont look right in an actual arena

The more i look at these arena renders, wasteland looks like it comes with a custom HiaC, southpaw is looking better looking at it more its like a hotel with tons of neon it kinda fits the 80s theme but it just looks a little too high class for what we know of southpaw, and tomorrow just makes me think TRON

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Brokenogre posted:

Can't believe that the 90's Undertaker comic is now being adapted into a video game.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I am as guilty as anyone of buying these games over the years. But I find myself playing them less, and I find that little highs of enjoyment I get from them to be more and more fleeting. This game looks worse and also of a kind with every other game in the series for this console generation. I have been waiting for these games to turn around quality wise since SVR06, and outside of a few features here and there, they have never equaled that game again, and that game was not really as enjoyable the game two years prior. The series needs a lot of work, and I am sick of pretending like this year is the time it will be different.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

I am as guilty as anyone of buying these games over the years. But I find myself playing them less, and I find that little highs of enjoyment I get from them to be more and more fleeting. This game looks worse and also of a kind with every other game in the series for this console generation. I have been waiting for these games to turn around quality wise since SVR06, and outside of a few features here and there, they have never equaled that game again, and that game was not really as enjoyable the game two years prior. The series needs a lot of work, and I am sick of pretending like this year is the time it will be different.

I would argue that 06 and substitute 07, SVR 07 the first one on 360 was a great game

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Brokenogre posted:

I would argue that 06 and substitute 07, SVR 07 the first one on 360 was a great game

Yeah I maybe misspoke a bit, I really liked 06, even though in hindsight I like HCTP more. 07 on the other hand, I liked it to a degree, but If I remember right, it was the first game to have the weird multiple choice grapples, and they were broken until the next year. Also it was maybe the first with meter style royal rumbles, which I hated. Also for some reason people took damage way too fast in it.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Yeah I maybe misspoke a bit, I really liked 06, even though in hindsight I like HCTP more. 07 on the other hand, I liked it to a degree, but If I remember right, it was the first game to have the weird multiple choice grapples, and they were broken until the next year. Also it was maybe the first with meter style royal rumbles, which I hated. Also for some reason people took damage way too fast in it.

Yeah those are some valid points, HCTP was the best game after No Mercy, but I hope we can all agree that 08 was a train wreck

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

How can anyone remember these games enough year to year to have an opinion on which is better

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brokenogre posted:

If I can’t throw people in the pool what’s the point?

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

coconono posted:

Obviously the big deal is that its southpaw, we will get such legends as tex Ferguson and Chadd 2 Badd

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mearn posted:

I don't want to buy this game or it's DLC but the Spring Breakout arena is going to force me.

Yeah that's way too flashy for Southpaw. Having it around a pool would be fine but there's no way they could afford that much neon.

Unless they had to fire the paid Ric Flair Impersonator :ohdear:

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 19, 2019

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Brokenogre posted:

Obviously the big deal is that its southpaw, we will get such legends as tex Ferguson and Chadd 2 Badd

I'll buy it if I get Tex Ferguson and my boy Chadd 2 Badd.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Neon ring looks like something out of GLOW rather than Southpaw

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

joylessdivision posted:

I'll buy it if I get Tex Ferguson and my boy Chadd 2 Badd.
Only if Greg Valentine is in the game as well, so we can play the grudge match. :colbert:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

2k20 will sell so poorly, it will be on PS+ and Gold for free in no time, much like 2K17 (or was it 18? I dont know, they all loving stink)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Brokenogre posted:

this looks awesome haha

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Brokenogre posted:

Triple H's final form.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh lame at first I thought where his mouth was was actually his right eye and he was wearing sunglasses, and satan would be like a big demonic orange cassidy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

super macho dude posted:

2k20 will sell so poorly, it will be on PS+ and Gold for free in no time, much like 2K17 (or was it 18? I dont know, they all loving stink)

Not sure about that, but I'd bet it's on Game Pass and the PS thing by January.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

coconono posted:

You might not realize but this is a milestone. Video games are finally advanced enough that they can accurately simulate an utterly forgettable first hour Monday Nitro match.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Apparently on the Xbox at least there is a 49+ GB download for the game then an additional 20+gb patch for day 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Starstruck/status/1185557790800207873

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
At that size, you could fit 2150+ copies of sonic the hedgehog three. Luckily, this game will be 2200X better than that game!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really don't enjoy sonic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

remusclaw posted:

I think 07 also had that stupid "weight detection" restriction on all the wrestlers, so HBK, who was classified as a cruiserweight, couldn't pick up the noticeably smaller Joey Mercury, because Mercury was classified as a heavyweight.

It also had a broken GM mode, where if you played through a match, the result would show up on the other brand's show.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I think 07 also had that stupid "weight detection" restriction on all the wrestlers, so HBK, who was classified as a cruiserweight, couldn't pick up the noticeably smaller Joey Mercury, because Mercury was classified as a heavyweight.

It also had a broken GM mode, where if you played through a match, the result would show up on the other brand's show.

I thought both of those problems were in 08, i might be wrong though, 08 had so many other issues

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Yeah basically the restriction meant anyone two weight classes lower than the person they were attacking basically couldn't do poo poo.

So naturally people online would just play as Khali who was in his own Ultra-Heavyweight Class, meaning you couldn't slam, kick, or clothesline him unless you were Super-Heavyweight

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah basically the restriction meant anyone two weight classes lower than the person they were attacking basically couldn't do poo poo.

So naturally people online would just play as Khali who was in his own Ultra-Heavyweight Class, meaning you couldn't slam, kick, or clothesline him unless you were Super-Heavyweight

That i do remember, every CAW online was superheavyweight as well since there were no restrictions other than you couldnt be lifted

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://twitter.com/LoanSbaraglione/status/1185620393152962561

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Old: low heels. New: no heels.