Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
:911:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
:patriot:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

PT6A posted:

The back fell off.

:lol:

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

When you leave the moat around your house dry, it's going to turn into a ramp

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MomJeans420 posted:

When you leave the moat around your house dry, it's going to turn into a ramp

Landscapers are all dukes of hazzard fans is all.

https://i.imgur.com/k2MChNx.gifv

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Impressive, cleared the parked car without touching

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You Am I posted:

Impressive, cleared the parked car without touching

Imagine coming out to your parked car to find tire tracks on the roof.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm curious to know the story behind that one

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm curious to know the story behind that one

Seems the Duke boys were up to their old tricks again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Beloit, where nothing good happens.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

xzzy posted:

Landscapers are all dukes of hazzard fans is all.

https://i.imgur.com/k2MChNx.gifv

I like the guy in the white pickup driving, sees it, then stops. He probably sat there for 5 minutes with a dumbfounded look on his face wondering what he just saw.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

definitely the worst thing to happen at a place called columbine

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

wolrah posted:

Well that's a Fiat Ducato (in Citroen-badged form, we get it in the US as the Ram ProMaster) which is a unibody unlike most full size vans.

I'd say it isn't a pro let alone a master at ramming.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I come bearing bad news all.

11'8" is getting raised :smith:

https://twitter.com/jbphebus/status/1185298845409914880

The last hit was a backhoe that actually managed to get by the protective beam and hit the bridge proper, probably damaging it.

iospace fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 18, 2019

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

iospace posted:

The last hit was a backhoe that actually managed to get by the protective beam and hit the bridge proper, probably damaging it.

Truly this is the hell timeline

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
shoulda just lowered the road imo

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

There is a sewer line that runs below the road surface. I haven't read the 11foot8 FAQ in years and even I remember that.

waffle iron fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 19, 2019

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Does this mean the rails get a bump and now the trains can catch air?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

iospace posted:

Considering it's a rail line, that's a big undertaking. I wonder how much they'll be raising it?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
The first reply in the future "11'8 No More" thread will be "Why didn't they just lower the road?".

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

waffle iron posted:

There is a sewer line that runs below the road surface. I haven't read the 11foot8 FAQ in years and even I remember that.

you don't say

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Just checked out a recent one and I have to appreciate the pedestrian who doesn't seem to care or even notice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFXUplr2-E

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It's gonna cost some major money to regrade the rail slopes on either side. Never thought that a state or business would come up with money to fix infrastructure

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Might be the rail company footing the cost? Probably sick and tired of shutting the bridge down after every collision and sending engineers to inspect it.

Edmonton has a major bridge with 10'6" clearance that has this issue as well. I found this article from a few years ago.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2584287/we-may-need-to-put-an-even-bigger-sign-up-trucks-keep-getting-stuck-by-edmontons-high-level-bridge/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sigma posted:

It's gonna cost some major money to regrade the rail slopes on either side. Never thought that a state or business would come up with money to fix infrastructure

The fun part will be to se how fast they get it done. The downtime is probably the most expensive part so whichever company owns that rail is gonna want it done fast.

Not gonna be a set up cones and wait three months to send out a crew type job.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I can't wait for the inevitable video of someone driving into the construction.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My thought from the beginning is that they should just close the route under the tracks. It's not like every road has to be permanent, roads get closed all the time. One of my favorite routes to work got closed for a major construction project 6 months ago and my life isn't over. It'll probably re-open eventually but as of now there's no sign that it will be soon.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My guess is theyll just use thinner beams and increase the number of them, raising the bridge and not having to grade the tracks. The videos show they only ever needed, what, an extra foot?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

um excuse me posted:

My guess is theyll just use thinner beams and increase the number of them, raising the bridge and not having to grade the tracks. The videos show they only ever needed, what, an extra foot?

The drivers need an extra foot....in the rear end for ignoring the flashing sign, the red light, and all the other warnings.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Replace the flashing lights with automatic bollards or security gates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5yGybz8WGk

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

TotalLossBrain posted:

Teach the trucks how to limbo, it's more cost effective

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I've played too many video games when I expect the barrels that fly off that truck to explode and damage the ememy base regardless.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
https://www.krdo.com/news/suspects-identified-in-vehicle-chase-that-led-to-multiple-crashes/1133741863

These lovely people caused a full chase through the city yesterday. Stolen vehicle, siphoning gas. We do unfortunately share the road with these people, but now hopefully not for at least 5-10 years.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

The meth heads around here don't even try to siphon anymore, the cars all have anti-siphon valves. They just find a high clearance vehicle, punch a hole in the gas tank and put a bucket under it. And if the truck has more gas than their bucket can hold they just leave and let it run out on the ground. The work trucks in my work business park have all been hit like that multiple times. The owners are furious but other than install cameras there's not much they can do. Maybe bolt on some plate to make the thieves move on to a different vehicle or something. Or build parking guards like a wood box that they park on or something.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I saw a sovcit "license plate" on a delivery van this morning :psyduck:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

LloydDobler posted:

The meth heads around here don't even try to siphon anymore, the cars all have anti-siphon valves. They just find a high clearance vehicle, punch a hole in the gas tank and put a bucket under it. And if the truck has more gas than their bucket can hold they just leave and let it run out on the ground. The work trucks in my work business park have all been hit like that multiple times. The owners are furious but other than install cameras there's not much they can do. Maybe bolt on some plate to make the thieves move on to a different vehicle or something. Or build parking guards like a wood box that they park on or something.

Honestly we need to roll back the anti-siphon stuff. Meth heads are more resourceful than we give them credit for. Rather come back to the parking lot to an empty car than an empty, completely inoperable car because they broke something else to get to the gas.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I'm pretty sure you're not going to fix the problem of meth addiction by making gas any easier or more difficult to access, to be quite honest.

Methheads are definitely my least favourite category of addicts to deal with. They're energetic, paranoid and desperate; it's a very poor combination.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Protocol7 posted:

Honestly we need to roll back the anti-siphon stuff. Meth heads are more resourceful than we give them credit for. Rather come back to the parking lot to an empty car than an empty, completely inoperable car because they broke something else to get to the gas.

Yeah, they punch holes in tanks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Powershift posted:

Yeah, they punch holes in tanks now.

Well that's what I mean, just let them have the gas. When they start breaking your car or loving up your gas tank, I don't think the anti-siphoning features are really worth it.