Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Star Citizen: Chris’s vision, obscured by cleavage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Paradox is currently streaming some Battletech mech game from their convention. I think Beet Wagon and some other people here might have been into that sort of thing.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:bang:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The idiots tied the inventory space directly to the chest armor piece you're wearing?
:eyepop:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bofast posted:

The idiots tied the inventory space directly to the chest armor piece you're wearing?
:eyepop:

What's the english translation for this?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauchladen

Wikipedia doesn't know...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

What's the english translation for this?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauchladen

Wikipedia doesn't know...
Closest I could find was a hawking tray or hawker box :shrug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bofast posted:

You should sell those pipelines to CIG

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Bartender improvements hasn't moved up. :ohdear:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

While its looking like the potential release of SQ42 slips further and further behind based on missions, let us not forget that it is also dependent on a poo poo load of other featuers that are twinned with SC.

I mean, can they really release SQ42 without whole systems? Will they really make the areas self contianed small maps? What about the Idris? Can SQ42 Episode 1 exist without an Idris or two?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

So, why are citizens complaining about this? Now you can own an Idris for just it's rental price. :woop:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Just when I think I've seen everything.

Dreaming about having dreams in a space game.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

:lol:

Now that's a dreams.txt :allears:

Star Citizen: being broken could work in our favor

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

"7 years for me is reasonable". (pretty sure it's actually been 8 year since the project started, was 2011 wasn't it with Ks at the end of 2012, math is hard for redditors)

So, here we are currently watching year 9 looming into view, SC is nowhere near done, and CI¬g have already had to be rescued by a pay day loan and insanely rich investors who now own part of CI¬g and will want their money back plus a percentage at some point. :D

It's all going very well.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

You should sell those pipelines to CIG

I will be disappointed if CitizenCon doesn't bring us footage of Lando and Sandi walking among the backers selling hot dogs from those hawker boxes :D

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Haha, good use of reddit gold you whales. It'll totally teach CIG that you don't like to drop money on bullshit.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 19, 2019

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

The upgrade kit makes me wonder if Sandi is taking a more active role in the marketing. It's so tone deaf. I don't know what universe you live in when NOW is the time to remind your early backers that you still don't have something for them to play. ALso $120? That's a fuckton. and it's only $10 off? AND you lose your other ship? Jesus christ that's just awful. just pathetic cig what the hell.

Normally this is something you would do at launch. Or at an event. People are going to take interest, and these are people who can already log into your game. How hard do you think they're going to work to play? how much time do you think they'll spend at this point? You think these people are gonna give you $100 more when their avi falls through a ship?

Also also CIG... when I look at a ship, the first price that catches my eye shouldn't be some pack with 4 ships or whatever that says $600.

I guess they know their whale milking though. I don't know how they attract "normal" customers at all.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 19, 2019

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

They split off from neogaf because that place went down the drain. The threads that I read are quite good but not gaming related so maybe that's where the submission to hype comes in.

Let's not forget that this very thread was full of believers in its early incarnations.

Megalobster posted:

Ha, ResetEra, the forum filled with insane people who see toxic masculinity and the patriarchy everywhere, with mods that will ban you for arguing that Catherine isn't a transphobic game.

Quite funny to see people there being actual SC fanboys, the cognitive dissonance must be hard for them when they encounter the rest of the community, or when they read the unironically fascist lore.

Yeah, you sound like the kind of person that unironically calls other people 'snowflakes' or 'sjws'. ResetEra being a haven from the usual gamergater-type gamer behavior and views is a point in its favor, not a negative.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wait, what kind of people would consider just to ambush and shoot other people trying to cross your space bord... ooohhhhhhhh

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018

Fidelitious posted:

Yeah, you sound like the kind of person that unironically calls other people 'snowflakes' or 'sjws'. ResetEra being a haven from the usual gamergater-type gamer behavior and views is a point in its favor, not a negative.

No, I'm just old and mature enough to notice the insanity on both sides of the spectrum.
And I find it particularly tasty that a forum of self proclaimed progressists is full of backers from a community where unironical nazis, and people wanting a rape gameplay loop is common place.

roflingstones
May 19, 2009

Pixelate posted:

Some other things that are slightly broken

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheCrazyTonkGuy/status/1185590525727928326

:getin:

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

This a bug report in response to real cash bought weapons disappearing when you die.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Carcer posted:

This a bug report in response to real cash bought weapons disappearing when you die.

lol when backers insist this game is not a scam.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Carcer posted:

This bug is over five years old so I'm pretty sure they'll fix it right soon.

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

Carcer posted:

in the unlikely case that you die while trying to use your weapon, it will fall out of your hands, sprout feet and legs, and scamper away squealing "feets don't fail me now!"

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Bofast posted:

Translated the best term would be "belly shop" I'd say. Or stomach store.

mjotto fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 19, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yavuz posted:

in the unlikely case that you die while trying to use your weapon, it will fall out of your hands, sprout feet and legs, and scamper away squealing "feets don't fail me now!"

That bug report implies that you can loot people. So someone who has spend only $45 on this game can possibly pick up a weapon or even a ship that is worth thousands of dollars, for free.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I said come in! posted:

That bug report implies that you can loot people. So someone who has spend only $45 on this game can possibly pick up a weapon or even a ship that is worth thousands of dollars, for free.

You know this isn't true.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

you can't steal a ship worth thousands of dollars cause none of those are in the game yet.

You can steal a ship but it'll de-spawn eventually.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings!

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Project Management DOES NOT work this way. We always identify critical paths and potential roadblocks and then, I know this is crazy and I don't understand development INTYOOL 2019, we take steps to minimize their impact. This is why competent PM's can give very accurate estimate on delivery dates.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I hate "nobody makes you buy anything" it's a lovely argument.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

SoftNum posted:

I hate "nobody makes you buy anything" it's a lovely argument.

Odds on they're a spite pledger...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

monkeytek posted:

Project Management DOES NOT work this way. We always identify critical paths and potential roadblocks and then, I know this is crazy and I don't understand development INTYOOL 2019, we take steps to minimize their impact. This is why competent PM's can give very accurate estimate on delivery dates.

You clearly don't understand BDSSE development