Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

beasley is completely loving worthless and they'll get nothing for him.

Either they eat that contract for a late round pick or they send picks with him for a team to take that contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/bigjimmurray/status/1185374415753764864?s=19

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

God drat it, don't make me like Brady.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

WHAT?!

What is this?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

WHAT?!

What is this?

Awesome

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/iam_joshjacobs/status/1185547189302562816?s=21

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I'm working in Vegas for a month, and I put 200 on the vikes last week, so now I have 400.

I bet that 400 on the vikes this week. I'm gonna keep it riding until I leave Vegas, let's see if the vikes can, for once, not disappoint me.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

On the one hand, your betting against he Lions which is usually a good bet.

But your also betting on the Vikings on the road.

Game gonna tie.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

from the Bay to LA to Las Vegas

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Burginator posted:

I'm working in Vegas for a month, and I put 200 on the vikes last week, so now I have 400.

I bet that 400 on the vikes this week. I'm gonna keep it riding until I leave Vegas, let's see if the vikes can, for once, not disappoint me.

The money line paid off two to one last week? Or are you just betting the over/under?

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Doltos posted:

The money line paid off two to one last week? Or are you just betting the over/under?

It paid out 191.50 last week, so I just threw the extra 8.50 on. This week it's 400 for a 378 or something return, and I'm just going to round up and make it 800 next week if I win again. I just like even numbers.

Burginator fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 19, 2019

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

For bias, I am a complete Lions Homer, but seriously the Vikings as a road team is a bet I would not make at all.

AT ALL.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Hizawk posted:

For bias, I am a complete Lions Homer, but seriously the Vikings as a road team is a bet I would not make at all.

AT ALL.

Oh for sure, I do not feel at all comfortable with this bet, entirely because they're on the road. Last week, I felt like I was just getting free money. But I'm stuck in Vegas for 5 weeks and I never gamble, so I decided to throw a couple hundred at the Vikes and see how it goes!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's a better use of your money than paying for a PSL.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Even the refs in CFB suck

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

LabyaMynora posted:

WHAT?!

What is this?

It's from a Netflix comedy called Living with Myself. The main character is sent to a massage parlor that turns out to be a front for a rub-and-tug illegal cloning facility.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Vengarr posted:

It's from a Netflix comedy called Living with Myself. The main character is sent to a massage parlor that turns out to be a front for a rub-and-tug illegal cloning facility.

So another 20 years of Brady?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

So another 20 years of Brady?

Brady’s story is that that was the original joke when the scene was written and shot. If true the writers must have cum harder than Kraft when Rubgate broke and the scene took on a way funnier meaning.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BradyThaKing

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Someone asked in the past week or so whether a kicker has blasted an onsides kick off the opposing team to recover it.

It happened today by my Ohio Bobcats :hellyeah:

https://deadspin.com/ohio-recovers-onside-kick-booted-off-opposing-receivers-1839193091

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Someone asked in the past week or so whether a kicker has blasted an onsides kick off the opposing team to recover it.

https://deadspin.com/ohio-recovers-onside-kick-booted-off-opposing-receivers-1839193091

Fellow bobcat!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1185675375856234496

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Xort State :smith:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Bobcats ride up. Athens natives also rise up and pay tribute to Joe Burrow.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

There will be fines until morale improves

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1185644397226086401?s=19

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shut up before the mods catch on that they can fine us every time we bitch about the refs too

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
(Just started watching football like 3 years ago, bare with me:)

What is the...actually reasoning for these fines, lol.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MoaM posted:

You're just not supposed to talk about the refs because otherwise everyone would talk about nothing else.

I guess it makes some sense because even in relatively well officiated games coaches and players can find something to complain about. But we're not talking about relatively well officiated games this year.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MoaM posted:

(Just started watching football like 3 years ago, bare with me:)

The NFL, meaning the owners and the guys they hire like Goodell to run poo poo, don't like the talent calling into question the officiating.

They want obedient players and coaches who act like the refs are infallible. They don't want the talent creating doubt int he minds of the fans that the product is somehow flawed.

I mean, fans can figure it out on their own, but this is just old school patriarchal authoritarian bullshit.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Where do you find gameday rosters?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Larch posted:

Where do you find gameday rosters?

Like for past games? PFR has starters and snap counts (and all the stats obviously), but not rosters exactly.

e: here's the Pats/KC in the regular season last year, scroll down to just before the play by play section. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, like you won't be able to tell who the backup quarterbacks were for instance.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 20, 2019

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did anyone get fined for criticizing the replacement refs before they ultimately all got fired? I can’t recall.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Thanks, but I mean 46 man rosters for the current week. My Google skills have turned to poo poo I guess. Seems like it should be an easy thing to find.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Larch posted:

Thanks, but I mean 46 man rosters for the current week. My Google skills have turned to poo poo I guess. Seems like it should be an easy thing to find.

Those usually aren't set until right before kickoff. Whatever team's SBNation page usually has it, or someone on twitter. I guess I usually get the inactives from twitter these days but you have to like, use twitter and follow reporters who would tweet that. Which I'd completely understand if you don't want to do.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Incredible

e: lol I forgot the link

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1185693775613575171?s=20

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Grittybeard posted:

Those usually aren't set until right before kickoff. Whatever team's SBNation page usually has it, or someone on twitter. I guess I usually get the inactives from twitter these days but you have to like, use twitter and follow reporters who would tweet that. Which I'd completely understand if you don't want to do.

Thanks. I feel like I used to be able to find them easily.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Larch posted:

Thanks. I feel like I used to be able to find them easily.

NFL posts a gamebook pdf for each game but it may miss players who don't play a snap in the game, which may make it less useful then PFR's snapcounts tracker: https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/57978/NE_Gamebook.pdf You can find them on each game's page.

Football Outsiders also has a snapcounts tracker: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Also unrelated, but Sports Info Solutions made a bunch of their data public and searchable, so if you want stats on what a bunch of nerds think are catchable balls or which WR's get thrown to the most or completed air yards or breakdowns of pressures vs hurries and coverage stats, it's neat to look at:

https://www.sisdatahub.com/leaderboards/QB

Kalli fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 20, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did anyone get fined for criticizing the replacement refs before they ultimately all got fired? I can’t recall.

I don't remember anyone directly criticizing the replacement refs, just kind of saying things like, "we need the issue resolved," regarding the regular refs' contract negotiation.

But I think more and more people are coming out and criticizing the refs directly because the quality of ref'ing has deteriorated. Some people say it's due to high turnover, which, sure, maybe. Refs gently caress up, but the gently caress ups seem more egregious now, especially the PI non-call in the NFC Championship game last year as an example.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t think they fined anyone for criticizing them, but I seem to recall they fined a bunch of coaches for cursing at them in frustration. John Fox and Jack Del Rio both got fined for cursing at them during a Broncos-Falcons game, which was hilarious because you could easily read their lips. I think Belichick also got fined for yelling at one in the Patriots-Ravens Bullshit Chant game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I believe Clay Matthews posted Goodell’s phone number on twitter about an hour after the fail mary.