Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

moush posted:

This must be why WotC is showing the games on a delay to make sure they don't show any crashes on stream.

Funny if true, however this event is totally unwatchable.

The format is complete garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does Arena "blow up" often enough for it to be a real concern?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Rinkles posted:

Very much yes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Recently it's only happened to like 20% of the people in this Mythic Championship THAT IS TOTALLY OKAY

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Rinkles posted:

I dunno, I've never personally had it happen to me but their tournament set up could be causing more problems than us regular folk see.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Ahahaha, their information cards on players lists number of arena games played.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It’s 8 million times easier to tell what the heck’s going on in a streamer Arena match than a streamed paper match, but it’s pretty inexcusable to have that many technical problems.

Mike N Eich fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 19, 2019

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Rinkles posted:

Yeah it's pretty bad.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Arena has been fine the last couple of weeks for me. Maybe I’ve just been lucky. For a few months before that I would get random disconnects though, and it would be sluggish within 3 games. Somehow the Eldraine update works well on my hardware I guess? I’m on a 2014 MBP.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
https://twitter.com/bmkibler/status/1185554716568121346

So looks like the only non-live games were the prerecorded backup matches. Still seems fortunate that we haven't seen any tech problems on camera.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The mardu knights deck is a lot of fun. I enjoy beating the tryhards in the best of one queue who sign up to play the zombie deck for some reason.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
in terms of crash-prone pieces of trash garbage code, Skyrim came out 8 years ago and if you tell me M:TG is more complicated than that, I find it hard to believe.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Oko is a hosed up Magic card

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

whydirt posted:

Oko is a hosed up Magic card

I thought T3feri was as sick nasty a 3 mana walker as they'd ever make, at least for standard. I was so wrong. So, so wrong.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sickening posted:

The mardu knights deck is a lot of fun. I enjoy beating the tryhards in the best of one queue who sign up to play the zombie deck for some reason.

You copied a decklist from the Mythic championship.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

You copied a decklist from the Mythic championship.

I did.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cynic Jester posted:

I thought T3feri was as sick nasty a 3 mana walker as they'd ever make, at least for standard. I was so wrong. So, so wrong.

Teferi, Time Raveler fucks up a lot of things but he's notably incapable of winning the game.

Oko makes 3/3 elks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

in terms of crash-prone pieces of trash garbage code, Skyrim came out 8 years ago and if you tell me M:TG is more complicated than that, I find it hard to believe.

we used to dream that MTGA would kill MTGO because why would anyone want to play Magic Online when Magic Arena's client is so much faster and more stable, even if Arena didn't have all the formats people wanted to play at least it was a well designed program unlike the pile of spaghetti code that is MTGO

lol

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Lee Shi Tian playing under the HK flag and wearing the street protestor face mask is awesome
not awesome - food mirrors, somehow more mind-numbing than golos mirrors

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Interviewer mistakenly saying Andrea Mengucci is from Spain to Javier Dominguez in a post match interview and then being immediately corrected in an awkward manner... :911: doin’ us proud coverage team

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Oko is a dumbass card

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
This is not an empty quote

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oko is a dumbass card

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oko is a dumbass card

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Hellsau posted:

we used to dream that MTGA would kill MTGO because why would anyone want to play Magic Online when Magic Arena's client is so much faster and more stable, even if Arena didn't have all the formats people wanted to play at least it was a well designed program unlike the pile of spaghetti code that is MTGO

lol

I know it's the cool goon meme to poo poo on literally everything because it makes you look edgy and cool, but Arena is better and more stable that MTGO has ever been at any point in its development.

Does Arena have issues? Yes.
Do the majority of players experience significant issues playing Arena? No.
Could it be better? Obviously.
Should they have a way to rebuild broken matches? Yes, this should be a priority if they are going to stream tournaments.

But...

Comparing Arena to Skyrim is dumb as poo poo on every level, and Skyrim is buggy as all hell.
Asking players for their decklists so they could prioritize, not identify any bugfixes was a smart move, and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know enough about software to be able to have a qualified opinion on the subject.
Not understanding how good Food would be was a mistake in Design, but Goons undervalued it as well. That doesn't excuse WotC, but it was definitely easy to overlook.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I'm fully on team "Ban Oko" after that, goddamn.

Nassif played perfectly but the power level of that start is obscene.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Love too print good answers to blue planeswalkers and then immediately print blue planeswalkers that can't be answered by them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Niton posted:

I'm fully on team "Ban Oko" after that, goddamn.

Nassif played perfectly but the power level of that start is obscene.

T2 Oko killing the bird ended that game 1 with no possible counterplay on Nassif's part.

For a midrange mirror that's a problem.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gilded Goose is better than Birds of Paradise would be in this standard format.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Hellsau posted:

Having had the misfortune of sitting across from it in draft, I must agree.

These breaks from MTGA are so anti-climactic, I've just started really hitting my stride with the red-splash Unlucky Fried Kitten. A Simic flash player had me dead on board but I topdecked a Mayhem Devil and started cycling cats and concerned pies. Bet he knows to sac his own food in response to Devil now.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

That's absolutely fine but I am pretty sure that also makes you a "tryhard".

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

That's absolutely fine but I am pretty sure that also makes you a "tryhard".

I don’t think that applies to any non oko or field of the dead deck. But whatever makes you feel better? Sure!

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Sickening posted:

I don’t think that applies to any non oko or field of the dead deck. But whatever makes you feel better? Sure!

Lol you don't get to be snarky after you throw around words like "tryhard"

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

sit on my Facebook posted:

Lol you don't get to be snarky after you throw around words like "tryhard"

I wish your posting was more try hard.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's not tryhard to netdeck the mythic championship lists, as long as you don't netdeck the good ones

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
But it's definitely try hard to netdeck some jank t8 zombie deck.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
everyone that netdecks a list that beats mine is a tryhard, and everyone that netdecks a list that loses to mine is a casual

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Hellsau posted:

I went p1p1 goose last night and did not regret it for a second.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Jabor posted:

it's not tryhard to netdeck the mythic championship lists, as long as you don't netdeck the good ones

:agreed:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sickening posted:

I wish your posting was more try hard.

i wish your posting was less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Meme deck top 8

Free Hong Kong

Revolution of our age