Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

goose willis posted:

Are there any T2 models in the game?

Nurglings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Rules question post-FAQ:

The new Iron Hands FAQ says Feirros only gives his 5+ invuln save to Iron Hands with the INFANTRY keyword;

Feirros himself doesn't have the INFANTRY keyword, despite being...infantry. does he not get his own aura? Is this a mistake? Does the MK X GRAVIS keyword give him this or something?

Thank you for your heeeeeeelp

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Rules question post-FAQ:

The new Iron Hands FAQ says Feirros only gives his 5+ invuln save to Iron Hands with the INFANTRY keyword;

Feirros himself doesn't have the INFANTRY keyword, despite being...infantry. does he not get his own aura? Is this a mistake? Does the MK X GRAVIS keyword give him this or something?

Thank you for your heeeeeeelp

INFANTRY is right there on his datasheet. It's the keyword right before MK X GRAVIS.

xtothez posted:

Grotz. I'm struggling to think of any S1 weapons / attacks though.

Phantasm grenade launchers are S1.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Corrode posted:

INFANTRY is right there on his datasheet. It's the keyword right before MK X GRAVIS.

I knew I missed something, thank you!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
So a phantasm grenade will only wound gretchin and nurglings on a 6+ and not a 5+

EXCELLENT

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

goose willis posted:

So a phantasm grenade will only wound gretchin and nurglings on a 6+ and not a 5+

EXCELLENT

At some point GW needs to think about eliminating rules and effects that waste the player's time.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At some point GW needs to think about eliminating rules and effects that waste the player's time.

But leaderhship tests have been an iconic GW rule type :v:.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Foul Ole Ron posted:

But leaderhship tests have been an iconic GW rule type :v:.

Leadership I don't mind. It's stupid poo poo like having to roll each plasma gunner individually because they might die from overheating. Or having two different weapons with identical profiles but different names so that some rules apply but others don't.

Like heavy stubbers on Repulsors.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Leadership I don't mind. It's stupid poo poo like having to roll each plasma gunner individually because they might die from overheating. Or having two different weapons with identical profiles but different names so that some rules apply but others don't.

Like heavy stubbers on Repulsors.

Ah I was been facetious, but yeah I agree. I always wondered is there still some old school dude from back in G-dubs old days who insists on these weird rules being there.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You already got 8th edition what more do you want?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I managed to pull off best painted at AoP this year! Enjoy some ghetto pictures:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just roll all your plasma shots in one big batch. gently caress it, it works out the same in the long run. Why let it eat up so much time during your game?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Hey, is finecast Dante’s head a separate piece of is it modeled as a single piece with his torso?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

R0ckfish posted:

I managed to pull off best painted at AoP this year! Enjoy some ghetto pictures:

Congrats they look awesome!!! General question for the thread, does GW do any kinda like black friday sales? I've got my crimson fists all planned out, so I know what I need to buy but I don't wanna spend a whole lot if I don't have to.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

xtothez posted:

GW normally does this. In the last few years when they've (re)launched whole factions virtually from scratch it's almost always been done as multiple releases. GSC & Deathwatch had a joint boxed game a few months before their codexes, AdMech came out as 2 codexes in 7E, Armiger knights in Forgebane, etc.

It gives people a chance to get things painted up gradually and is less likey to go over their hobby budget in one go.

I'd expect the full army release from Feb-April.

Thanks. I guess that would give me time to paint up what I get in the army set and also the rest of my Ironjawz.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Foul Ole Ron posted:

After having a good read, this also fans the flames of a suspicion I have had about GW and their design practice: good guys should always beat the bad guys.

The half arsed chaos release before Marines 2.0 got me wondering.... But now with the Dark eldar it has me certain. (at least Chaos space marines got some decent changes).

It's not looking good for Orks or Nids.

Orks are the good guys.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Congrats they look awesome!!! General question for the thread, does GW do any kinda like black friday sales? I've got my crimson fists all planned out, so I know what I need to buy but I don't wanna spend a whole lot if I don't have to.

GW doesn't really do sales in general. The closest they really get are faction boxes released around the holidays. These often have a pretty decent value. No telling which factions will get them, though.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

JackMann posted:

The closest they really get are faction boxes released around the holidays. These often have a pretty decent value. No telling which factions will get them, though.

An on point rumour from a couple pages back:

xtothez posted:

A French 40k forum is claiming that this year's army boxes are:

4 AOS:
Nighthaunt, Skavens, Stormcast, Goblins
6 40k:
T'au, Drukhari, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Chaos, Tyranids

at €145 each.

Plus Start Collecting boxes for Vanguard SM & CSM

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Dicehead typically does a 20% off retail Black Friday/holiday sale, but due to GW retailer restrictions, they can't advertise it. You have to email them with your order.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Maneck posted:

Orks are the good guys.

Orktober has been amazing this year. No nerfs! Unlike those loser Iron Hands.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

LingcodKilla posted:

Orktober has been amazing this year. No nerfs! Unlike those loser Iron Hands.

I prefer Chapters that don’t get nerfed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The salamanders stuff is pretty great. You can make a S6 T7 Gravis Captain warlord who is -1 to wound for 1cp. Good luck taking this dude down.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

More scaling-up tests, this time with a MkVI. Tactical Squad MkVI legs (with purity seal cut off), helmet, and grenades; Devastator Squad open left hand and MkVI torso (because that's the only MkVI torso the reseller had in stock; it's exactly the same size as the tactical squad one); Assault Squad arms and rimless shoulder pads (again because they were the only rimless shoulder pads the reseller had in stock); chainsword, bolt pistol, and magazine on belt are from the MkIII plastic kit; and the Umbra-Ferrox pattern bolter and MkVI backpack are from ForgeWorld. I am going to have to resort to alternate sources for those backpacks if I want to make a bunch of these, but oh, well. Likewise I would rather use Umbra pattern bolters, because their banana magazines match the extras on the belt, but those haven't arrived yet and I was impatient and wanted to build this guy tonight.

(Rivets on the left shoulder are Tichy Train Group 0.04" model train rivets. "Why not just use the plastic shoulder pad with rivets already on it, Lea?" Because I don't like the way the rivets aren't really round on those; I can get an effect closer to the MkVI resin pads by doing this.)

Size comparison to my previous scaled-up MkIII, a Space Marine Heroes plasma gun guy, and one of the Shadowspear Chaos Marines. I've added 1.5mm of height at the waist using a plasticard spacer, and another 1mm at the head, bringing his eye-level height up to 32mm, which I'm assuming is now the "correct" height for non-Primaris marines

One lesson I learned from the MkIII is that when adding height at the neck, you have to be careful about arm placement. I think I put the arms on the MkIII too far down and back, and has a deleterious effect on his silhouette. With the MkVI I feel like I've preserved the gigantic fuckoff shoulder pad look that Space Marines ought to have, and it makes it more difficult to notice that the chest is lower than it ought to be.

Speaking of obfuscation, I'm not super pleased with all the crap around his belt; the MkVIs give the impression they ought to be slimmer at the waist than the MkIIIs, but the grenades, magazines, and bolt pistol I've used here really destroy that, even as they obscure the green stuff sculpting I've used to fill the waist gap created by that spacer. For my next MkVI prototype I'll see what happens when I use less of them, although the next one of these I make will probably be a MkIV.

Really happy with the pose.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Phantasms have an additional effect on Leadership and a stratagem to do mortal wounds. They're not just S1 shots :ssh:

Also I have a new favourite Goonhammer commenter:

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Codex Supplement: Imperial Fists – The Goonhammer Review

Booley gives us the low down on Fists. Of the Imperial kind. The article is as good as the artwork right there. 

Also don't mention Crimson Fists around your Imperial Fist playing friends.

Trust me on this one friends.

Third Time’s a Charm? – Psychic Awakening Phoenix Rising Review Part 2: The Ynnari

Lots to Obsess Over – Psychic Awakening Phoenix Rising Review Part 3: Drukhari

The crew continues to go over PA in detail.

Hammer of Math: Diet Smite (Imperial Edition)

Beer looks at Smite. Of the imperial kind. A must read. 

See Them Driven Before You: Khorne Tactics in 40k

Chur sure does loves his khorne. Find out how to build your own throne of skulls inside.

Army Showcase: TheChirurgeon’s World Eaters

I wasn't kidding about the above. His army rules. I'm pretty sure I would lose my mind painting that much trim. 

The Man With the Iron Hands – Understanding the Current 40k Meta with the FAQ (the Second One)

Ok this one is pretty important. Iron Hands got a bit of a hit, have a ganda about what this means on that link.

Gunum Presents: Hear me out, Cyle!

Gunum commits emotional terrorism on Cyle. While tragic it sure does make for good reading.

While Cyle plays very meta-focused lists, sometimes even trying to craft that meta himself, Gunum does the opposite, seeking to bring less loved units back to the top. Read on to witness greatness.

Warlord Wednesdays: Adeptus Titanicus Legion Focus: Loyalists

Condit gives us the lowdown on loyalist titans traits. Good stuff.

Necromunday: Campaign Progression, Part 1 – Advancements

Merton and Dan from the baddest of 40k casts detail out how to make your awesome starting gang into something even *more* awesome. 

Ancient Doom refers to your Model Range: Eldar Kill Team Tactics

Chu provides some analysis of Eldar in Thrill Team.

Narrative Forgery: Men be shopping.

Do you have a lot of hams? Do you want to know not only how to store them but *present* them to your household guests? If so click-click now-now. 

Tournament Report – Seeds of Destruction

Wings attends a tourney, get his deets on what he saw. 

Video Game Retrospective: Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior

JB looks at Fire Warrior. A game that missed its mark but still has a few "gems".

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Corrode posted:

Phantasms have an additional effect on Leadership and a stratagem to do mortal wounds. They're not just S1 shots :ssh:

I know. Which is why I consider the S1 shot to be a waste of time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Also I have a new favourite Goonhammer commenter:

He's not wrong. Robert Jones seems like kind of a dick though.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Hmmm, I might be interested in a Blood Angels themed Xmas army box.

When do they usually get officially announced.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Deptfordx posted:

Hmmm, I might be interested in a Blood Angels themed Xmas army box.

When do they usually get officially announced.

I hope it comes with a bunch of the upgrade kits if its going to have sone primaris units. I demand more chainswords.

For real the chainsword is the second thing i think of after space marines for 40k, its a bummer you only get one with the kit as is.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I assume it's going to be completely primaris units which is why I'm interested in one. I'm good for smol marines.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love whomever does the art for the Goonhammer articles. (I also love the articles.)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNOVbn6oaU

Teaser for the next Psychic Awakening up, looks like Black Templars are next alongside a number of the CSM legions.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNOVbn6oaU

Teaser for the next Psychic Awakening up, looks like Black Templars are next alongside a number of the CSM legions.

So this rumour (from the same place as the xmas boxes list above) is looking more likely.

xtothez posted:

A poster on a French 40k forum with a good track record for rumours is claiming these are the opening books for Psychic Awakening:

Volume 1: Asuryani vs Drukhari
Volume 2: Chaos vs Black Templars
Volume 3: Blood Angels vs Tyranids
Volume 4: Space Wolves vs Orks

Also says there are over 5 books and we'll see more than one this year.

They better be bringing Shrikes back

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

no joke even at a core level rerolls and bonus rolls are so prevalent now poo poo takes forever. its easy to stack buffs that ur rolling/rerolling to hit and wound, plus bonus rolls for poo poo like dakka, then saves, then sometimes random damage, then sometimes fnp.like its fun to throw dice but 5 or more rolls to potentially produce no result is some tedious poo poo.

i feel like d6 isnt granular enough for what they want the game to be so they make up the difference with rerolls and it turns the game into a grind for me

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

no joke even at a core level rerolls and bonus rolls are so prevalent now poo poo takes forever. its easy to stack buffs that ur rolling/rerolling to hit and wound, plus bonus rolls for poo poo like dakka, then saves, then sometimes random damage, then sometimes fnp.like its fun to throw dice but 5 or more rolls to potentially produce no result is some tedious poo poo.

i feel like d6 isnt granular enough for what they want the game to be so they make up the difference with rerolls and it turns the game into a grind for me

I think all games really want to move on to more granular dice (i.e. Apoc D12s) or to cancelling out pools of multi symbols (X-Wing, Shadespire, Warcry) but 40k has certain legacy things they don't think they can get rid of.

Also lets you sell more proprietary dice, which is presumably a great money spinner, and we all know GW hate putting 1-6 on a dice. There should always be at least two random logos.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
So based off reading that Goonhammer article it looks like Salamanders dont have a single all encompassing thing, instead they have the tools to do a bit of anything they want. (With a bonus of BURN BABY BURN) Which I appreciate with my desire not to be locked into a single play style which the leaks seemed to indicate they were going to be, at the same time they also best demonstrate the differences between the supplements and the stuff that came before what with getting better versions of some pretty key stratagems from other codexes. (cough cough VotLW cough cough)

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Glad its ended up about where I was hoping where the rest of the options were good enough for you to just ignore how bad the doctrine bonus is.

still what the gently caress were they thinking with that?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

xtothez posted:

Azrael hasn't been biggified yet and can't ride in an Impulsor. Would need either a 3rd transport or less effective Primaris captain for re-rolls. Or, at a push, a dread nearby to use their strat on.

Goddamnit everything is so stupid.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

xtothez posted:

Azrael hasn't been biggified yet and can't ride in an Impulsor. Would need either a 3rd transport or less effective Primaris captain for re-rolls. Or, at a push, a dread nearby to use their strat on.

A Primaris Dark Angel pointing at the "you have to be this tall to ride" sign next to the hatch of an Impulsor as Azrael walks dejectedly back to his Rhino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Soviet Commubot posted:

A Primaris Dark Angel pointing at the "you have to be this tall to ride" sign next to the hatch of an Impulsor as Azrael walks dejectedly back to his Rhino.

Can't an Inquisitor hitch a lift on either? Maybe the Inquisition knows about Lyft but Azrael only has the Uber app.