Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Doctor explained that being on meds means that I have to give up my favorite drugs.

I can stop taking ecstasy if it means that intrusive thoughts about suicide also stop, but gently caress me if it doesn't bite harder than knocking off booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Super hosed up that you can have a degree and a job and still be living paycheck to paycheck. I even worked with my therapist (she has a social work masters) and confirmed that yes, indeed I am boned. It's hosed up, it's not right.

I have such a hard time with understanding why people don't understand that everyone should have a good quality of life, no matter what choices they made in life. I know it sounds so puerile and naive but gently caress, what the gently caress! How do you teach someone to have basic loving empathy!!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I live direct deposit to direct deposit :smugdog:

also I agree completely re empathy :smith:

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Flavius Aetass posted:

I live direct deposit to direct deposit :smugdog:

also I agree completely re empathy :smith:

Solidarity my dude/ette

Trying to figure out a new path in life, since if I'm gonna be scraping by it might as well be in service to others and at least feel emotionally fulfilled. In a world that has so much need and pain, how do you decide what to do?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
got a little bit of weed today
smoked it on my lunch break to make the pain go away
assistant manager immediately accused me of smoking on my lunch break
told her its for medical reasons, told her i signed that i have a disability, told her my disability, and still she didnt feel "comfortable" working with me as a "security guard"

I ID people, wash dishes, and clean up after her mistakes

Im a loving barback

anyways, really hope i dont lose my job over dealing with my MS pain but uh yeah might have that situation going on here lol

but also should i get a lawyer? like shes lucky im not on the opiates i cant afford

Siljmonster has issued a correction as of 06:58 on Oct 20, 2019

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Siljmonster posted:

got a little bit of weed today
smoked it on my lunch break to make the pain go away
assistant manager immediately accused me of smoking on my lunch break
told her its for medical reasons, told her i signed that i have a disability, told her my disability, and still she didnt feel "comfortable" working with me as a "security guard"

I ID people, wash dishes, and clean up after her mistakes

Im a loving barback

anyways, really hope i dont lose my job over dealing with my MS pain but uh yeah might have that situation going on here lol

but also should i get a lawyer? like shes lucky im not on the opiates i cant afford

Do you live in a place where you need a licence to do security? If so, and you have that, I'd say you have a case.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is it making you clench or grind your teeth at night?

i clench my jaw a lot more during the day than at night

Thrasher
Apr 21, 2002

Zeroisanumber posted:

Doctor explained that being on meds means that I have to give up my favorite drugs.

I can stop taking ecstasy if it means that intrusive thoughts about suicide also stop, but gently caress me if it doesn't bite harder than knocking off booze.

FWIW.. I didnt stop drinking when I was prescribed SSRI/SNRI meds and became a raging alcoholic.. Ive been to rehab twice now and in/out of the provincial court system.. been to prison, etc... all from alcohol and its emotional turmoil when being on emotion management medication.

Alcohol, of all the drugs, is the absolute worst while on SNRIs. I would say the combined withdrawal of booze on SNRIs is a suicide trigger for sure. The delirium and panic is unreal along with the depression.

When I actually quit booze for good I was also able to quit meds entirely.. go figure. all my other problems were then manageable with therapy.

This is just my personal experience, but I can relate exactly to what your doc is suggesting.

Thrasher has issued a correction as of 12:00 on Oct 20, 2019

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

got any sevens posted:

i clench my jaw a lot more during the day than at night

is that a side effect of wellbutrin? I'm on 150mg daily and I often find myself both clenching my jaw and sucking on my cheeks. That isnt a thing I did before I just never considered it was a drug related thing, I just assumed stress

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Eat This Glob posted:

is that a side effect of wellbutrin? I'm on 150mg daily and I often find myself both clenching my jaw and sucking on my cheeks. That isnt a thing I did before I just never considered it was a drug related thing, I just assumed stress

one of its side effects is bruxism. when i first started taking wellbutrin years ago it took a couple of weeks to a month for it to subside.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Does anyone else halve their doses of wellbutrin on the weekend? I started doing this because I couldn't get to the doctor for refills once so rationing was required. I started doing this regularly afterwards because it definitely improved focus and mood during workdays. Work usually stresses me out more than the weekends do so it feels worth it. Never discussed this with my doctor as they probably would tell me to knock that poo poo out. Been doing it for years at this point but just curious if it has helped anyone else.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shirunei posted:

Does anyone else halve their doses of wellbutrin on the weekend? I started doing this because I couldn't get to the doctor for refills once so rationing was required. I started doing this regularly afterwards because it definitely improved focus and mood during workdays. Work usually stresses me out more than the weekends do so it feels worth it. Never discussed this with my doctor as they probably would tell me to knock that poo poo out. Been doing it for years at this point but just curious if it has helped anyone else.

i halved, quartered, staggered, all my medication because many factors but now i cant even pay for a single one so i get to take nothing but marijuana

but yeah, doing all that helped to survive symptoms of both my illnesses and capitalism

mweb
Mar 14, 2019
:five: :nsamad:

I have a diagnosis for Bipolar Disorder 1, have been hospitalized 2 times in my life, take 3 main medications (Lithium, Abilify, Olanzipine) along with a 4th Hydroxyzine as needed which is some kind of weird anti anxiety anti histamine. If anyone wants to ask any questions about bipolar disorder I guess I have read up on it a lot.

I have just decided to make the big but considered decision to quit THC which has been a crutch for me living in a legal state for some time now.

I am taking CBD as a replacement with small amounts of THC to hopefully get me through withdrawals, because I definitely get weed withdrawals, and I suck to be around when that is happening.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Med withdrawal is really hitting me hard and I don't know how to do anything to fix it

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Chest hurts can't sleep gently caress effexor

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Goon Danton posted:

Med withdrawal is really hitting me hard and I don't know how to do anything to fix it

How long did you taper for? Is a doctor assisting?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Goon Danton posted:

Chest hurts can't sleep gently caress effexor

effexor is real bad they wanted me to go from Duloxetine to it and i said gently caress no and got off the Duloxetine as well

poo poo causes brain zaps when using it or not

good luck, weed helps. drink lots of water and keep pissing.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
potential side effect of wellbutrin: the last few weeks ive been blinking a lot, and only holding my eyes shut stops it for a bit.
i'm also wearing makeup more often and i cant remember if the blinking happens on days im not wearing makeup :shrug:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so this week i've learned stress dreams are a thing.

this being broke thing is loving bullshit

Padams
Jun 30, 2000

I Have the Power

to turn your property's lights off

shirunei posted:

I do that with my adderall, but my dr is actually cool with it. She prescribes me 20 mg IR twice a day because I halve the medication and only take one a day so I can see her every 4 months or so. Im actually prescribed Wellbutrin along with Prozac too but I havent been taking the Wellbutrin since my wife and I are trying to conceive and for some reason, I only have sexual side effects when I combine the Wellbutrin and Prozac. not taking Wellbutrin right now sucks. I was doing so much better when I was taking it. I also was doing better when I was smoking weed, but my current job does random drug tests so thats out :(

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

How long did you taper for? Is a doctor assisting?

Like a year, thanks to insurance bullshit stopping me from seeing my pdoc, and yeah they're the ones advising me to do this and switching me onto prozac

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
looking at jobs and found this gem

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Siljmonster posted:

no, no I don't think I will

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Siljmonster posted:

"minimum wage cancer" and "minimum wage shock hazard" are fine user names, but I hate them both equally

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the robot that electrocutes me as i pour old gambling addicts mai tais wont tip out

but i did update my resume and formatted it very nicely while getting rip roaring stoned

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Found a psychiatrist that specializes in ADHD, but he's a 12 week wait AND doesn't accept any insurance! The website has informed me that this allows the office to pass the savings onto me, making the initial consultation and testing a mere $575+ dollars! No I can't use a previous ADHD test, and they don't participate in care credit. THINK OF ALL THE SAVINGS!! In the meantime, I get to stick with a psychiatric nurse practitioner that has stacked up four different medications and keeps suggesting drugs that do not have a generic. I feel like if you have to prescribe three different medications for anxiety/depression that maybe, just MAYBE, something is awry here.

At least my therapist rules. I should be grateful for that much, at the very least.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Effexor withdrawal update: CBD is magic

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Goon Danton posted:

hell yeah

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Goon Danton posted:

Holy gently caress thank you

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Feelin sad and useless and hopeless. gonna comfort eat about it

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Goon Danton posted:

Like a year, thanks to insurance bullshit stopping me from seeing my pdoc, and yeah they're the ones advising me to do this and switching me onto prozac

drat, I was hoping you rushed it since I'm getting pretty close to completely tapering off benzos after many, many years. :(

Hope your negative effects don't last too long.

Edit: no CBD anything for me down under. :(

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I really want a day off, but if I take a day of PTO my parents will give me the stink eye and gently caress with me all day, despite having a real person job that gives me benefits so i can use them. it's kinda frustrating, i did literally thirty minutes worth of work yesterday because there's gently caress all happening here until the next deadline, so i'm just sitting alone in a fluorescent office wishing i was at home. i have 92.5 hours of PTO left so if I take Friday and account for the time I'm forced to take off for Christmas (three days) that still leaves me with a week for emergencies, but my parents have drilled it so deeply into my head that there's never a good reason to take off work besides physical illness or a major preplanned vacation that i get anxious thinking about actually doing it, but i also get anxious when i think about an uninterrupted march to the grave doing this for the rest of my life. maybe if i get an oil change or something that will make them feel like it's a "productive" enough use of my PTO to not bitch at me. i sure wish i got paid enough to just move out right away, but unfortunately i've traded what feels like 80% of my life for such a poo poo wage i can barely save anything.

on top of that my girlfriend has been dealing with some depression and anxiety and ive been trying really hard to make her feel better, but it hasn't always been enough and it's been kinda difficult. i had been excited for weeks to go see The Thing playing at a local theater, we had the plans all set, but she realized she had forgotten something for work and had a panic attack and we missed it because we had to go drive out to a store outside the city to get materials. i was mostly happy because taking care of it was able to allay her anxiety, and she's awesome and always recognizes when i go out of my way for her, but last night she was feeling insecure because i've been too nice and accommodating and it's a little :psyduck:. there have been a couple more things like that recently and i haven't complained because i know how hard it is to be depressed, especially without insurance or medication, but it can be a bit of a bummer when i'm already dealing with my own problems with my suboxone taper and depressing job. i've never been this happy with anyone even when she's having a bad day, but i just don't have any friends to talk to about this stuff so i wanted to vent for a second.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Frog Act posted:

I really want a day off, but if I take a day of PTO my parents will give me the stink eye and gently caress with me all day, despite having a real person job that gives me benefits so i can use them. it's kinda frustrating, i did literally thirty minutes worth of work yesterday because there's gently caress all happening here until the next deadline, so i'm just sitting alone in a fluorescent office wishing i was at home. i have 92.5 hours of PTO left so if I take Friday and account for the time I'm forced to take off for Christmas (three days) that still leaves me with a week for emergencies, but my parents have drilled it so deeply into my head that there's never a good reason to take off work besides physical illness or a major preplanned vacation that i get anxious thinking about actually doing it, but i also get anxious when i think about an uninterrupted march to the grave doing this for the rest of my life. maybe if i get an oil change or something that will make them feel like it's a "productive" enough use of my PTO to not bitch at me. i sure wish i got paid enough to just move out right away, but unfortunately i've traded what feels like 80% of my life for such a poo poo wage i can barely save anything.

on top of that my girlfriend has been dealing with some depression and anxiety and ive been trying really hard to make her feel better, but it hasn't always been enough and it's been kinda difficult. i had been excited for weeks to go see The Thing playing at a local theater, we had the plans all set, but she realized she had forgotten something for work and had a panic attack and we missed it because we had to go drive out to a store outside the city to get materials. i was mostly happy because taking care of it was able to allay her anxiety, and she's awesome and always recognizes when i go out of my way for her, but last night she was feeling insecure because i've been too nice and accommodating and it's a little :psyduck:. there have been a couple more things like that recently and i haven't complained because i know how hard it is to be depressed, especially without insurance or medication, but it can be a bit of a bummer when i'm already dealing with my own problems with my suboxone taper and depressing job. i've never been this happy with anyone even when she's having a bad day, but i just don't have any friends to talk to about this stuff so i wanted to vent for a second.

I manage people for a living and you are badly burned out and need some time off.

Take a long weekend and hang out with your girlfriend.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

drat, I was hoping you rushed it since I'm getting pretty close to completely tapering off benzos after many, many years. :(

Hope your negative effects don't last too long.

Edit: no CBD anything for me down under. :(

Woof, benzo withdrawal is loving rough. Glad to hear you're almost through it though! Stay strong!

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

My psychiatrist is changing practices and I am not sure if the new one will accept Medicaid, because very few do and I am extremely poor with basically no prospects at this point so accepting Medicaid is kind of important.

Just went through this a year ago, now I have to deal with it again, about ready to just give up and smoke weed exclusively.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Goon Danton posted:

Woof, benzo withdrawal is loving rough. Glad to hear you're almost through it though! Stay strong!

Yeah, I didn't even know I was dependent until I took a three day trip to Seattle (from Vancouver) and ran out. Didn't worry about it, but then I almost fainted at work and had to leave. Could barely make it to the ferry that connects downtown Vancouver to my area, and ended up calling my dad to pick me up since I was genuinely afraid I'd just collapse somewhere and Vancouver - being a typical west coast city - is filled with so many struggling people lying semi-conscious on the ground that I wasn't confident anyone would notice or care.

Definitely gave me some insight as to why hardcore addicts will sell their bodies and commit crimes for their fix. I would have done anything to make that feeling go away.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

I manage people for a living and you are badly burned out and need some time off.

Take a long weekend and hang out with your girlfriend.

thanks for the e-validation man, i decided to take friday off and as i suspected my boss was completely fine with it, as out of my team i've taken the least time off by a huge margin in the last six months. just found out Outer Worlds comes out Friday too so hell yeah.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
god loving drat it all to hell

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
why the gently caress do i post here.
should i just stop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster