Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

itry posted:

I highly recommend running away from Garte just to see what happens.

I did this (successfully) on my first (and current) playthrough and it was wonderful. What happens if you fail?

Also I have a sinking feeling I'm going to deeply regret letting the game talk me into accepting the love detective quest/task.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Jerusalem posted:

I did this (successfully) on my first (and current) playthrough and it was wonderful. What happens if you fail?

I just did it unsuccessfully on my second playthrough and as you run you turn and jump backwards while flipping Garte off with both hands, crash into Lena, and knock yourself out. After all that Garte gives you a discount on your tab. What happens when you succeed?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh my god I've got a high MOT run going and I've got so many options to just outright steal things.

gently caress paying for stuff, time for a five finger discount.

also, really browsing through the stuff:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 20, 2019

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Neurosis posted:

The bit about the city being nuked in 22 years is interesting. It's far too much to hope for at this point, and given what a labour of love this game obviously is I don't know if anything could capture the same virtues again, but I'd love a sequel that goes in deep into the weird Dolores Dei stuff [great writing describing her, by the way, she actually sounded scary], the pale, and the coming war between Union-controlled Revachol and the Moralintern. It'd be a very different, wider-scope game, but... I can dream.

Where does it say that first bit? I've done one playthrough and I never saw that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you go full copapocalypse I think

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Neurosis posted:

Ran some cheats and a trainer to give 9 in all stats, infinite skill points and the ability to freeze the clock - definitely a worthwhile thing to do for a second playthrough. Lets you get everything except for the things you want to fail at. But I don't see myself playing through this more than twice (at least not for a couple of years), so I think there's more to gain by allowing nearly-complete-successes than by running through differently.

Do you have a guide for doing this?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wafflecopper posted:

What happens when you succeed?

You just turn around and hoof it to the entrance and hide in a corner, and he yells out,"REAL MATURE!" in utter disgust at you. :laugh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yikes

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I need to do a field autopsy to talk more with Khasse or however you spell her name but when I go back to the body I don’t get an option.

What should I be doing?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

I need to do a field autopsy to talk more with Khasse or however you spell her name but when I go back to the body I don’t get an option.

What should I be doing?

Did you find and talk with Joyce yet? She's along the waterfront, north of the bookstore/old guys

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The ending had a sequel hook, so I'm pretty sure they're already planning it.

Jerusalem posted:

Failing the check is much more fun. You should try it with a new game, it's just 5 minutes in.

itry fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Oct 20, 2019

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Synthbuttrange posted:

Did you find and talk with Joyce yet? She's along the waterfront, north of the bookstore/old guys
[/

[quote="Synthbuttrange" post="499290467"]

Yea. To clarify more where I’m at (day 2)

talked to Titus who told me she was raped. Talked to her and she told me she wasn’t raped. Titus gave me tape. Listened to tape. Went back to her and she told me that’s just how he talks. Now trying to get more info from her about the guy who was killed, but Kim is saying we need to do field autopsy before talking to her more

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Volition you are the legit-est

There's a moment in the end game that's interesting: Try to immediately leave the final dream, and see what Volition says.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

fez_machine posted:

Do you have a guide for doing this?

You need to download CheatEngine and then use a script available here for rolling 9s: https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=10530

The trainer thing is available here: https://flingtrainer.com/trainer/disco-elysium-trainer/

Son of Rodney posted:

Where does it say that first bit? I've done one playthrough and I never saw that.

You get the text somewhere in the church. You might need a high shivers for it? The city itself starts talking to you. I can't remember what the exact prompt is.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
So I got the task to listen to the doorgunner megamix tape and I bought a boombox to listen to it but no matter how many times I listen to it the game acts like I didn't. Anyone else encounter this issue?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Starting up a new playthrough after my first is proving challenging because I found the way the story went to be so satisfying. I suppose the only solution is to go for something extreme HARD CORE TO THE MEGA this time.

My first run was 4/3/2/3 with Shivers as my signature (which also ended up being my highest skill in the end). This time, I'm considering either doing something nuts like 1/5/5/1, or just going with the starting physical build which I think is 1/2/5/4.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hey, I'm stuck on quite a few tasks and not sure if it's because they're completely closed off due to choices I've made or if I'm just not finding the right interact point. Can anyone drop me a hint of whether I can investigate the lorries for Joyce even if I tell the driver to gently caress off earlier?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I'm gonna attempt the hardest challenge for my next playthrough. I'm gonna be Boring Cop.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

Hey, I'm stuck on quite a few tasks and not sure if it's because they're completely closed off due to choices I've made or if I'm just not finding the right interact point. Can anyone drop me a hint of whether I can investigate the lorries for Joyce even if I tell the driver to gently caress off earlier?

Yes, though you'll have to either pass a rather high Half Light check on the racist driver, or press Tommy (the driver closest to the entrance to the Whirling) and make him feel awful.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

grate deceiver posted:

I'm gonna attempt the hardest challenge for my next playthrough. I'm gonna be Boring Cop.

It's me, I'm boring sorry cop.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

Lucinice posted:

So I got the task to listen to the doorgunner megamix tape and I bought a boombox to listen to it but no matter how many times I listen to it the game acts like I didn't. Anyone else encounter this issue?

I'm hitting a very similar issue - I can speak to Titus about it but not Klaasje

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

ephex posted:

It's me, I'm boring sorry cop.

I'm a boring sorry cop, but i'm also a rockstar

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is it currently possible start a 1/1/1/1 character without mods and successfully complete the main quest?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I found a pretty annoying soft lock at the very end of the game, warning for anyone who is going to the island.

Make sure you nap in the bed BEFORE you do anything else on the island.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
If I messed up the dialogue with the speaker to get into the area below the book store am I stuck having to break down the door in the back room?

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017
I'm stuck at the part where you have to ask around about ruby in the fishing village. I've pissed off the old washerwoman and the journal is telling me to find a way into her shack. The problem is I have no idea where this shack is, I've searched every building in the village I can enter but no luck. Can anyone give a hint on what I'm supposed to do at this point?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and forgot to look inside my own shack

Weebus fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 20, 2019

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I seem to have hit a brick wall in th Church district, anyone able to help?

I've followed Ruby's trail past the washerwoman's house to the north of the penisular, but I've hit three skill checks I can't pass (Shivers outside the Feld factory, Logic inside the EDM tent to figure out what the kids are really up to and Visual Calculus inside the church to piece together the broken mural) and have no idea where else to go or how to procede. I feel like i've missed something particularly with the church because the place is abandoned and I can't see any way of following up on the teenagers' reports.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I think I may have locked myself out of finishing the main quest.

I've been given the task to find Ruby. I've spoken to the washerwoman, found the bullet in the shack and exhausted all conversation options with everybody in the fishing village about Ruby.

I've also failed the mural check uh, twice. I can't level up Shivers or Inland Empire anymore because I'm capped and I can't open the check up again.

I've completed all the other side quests that are available to me (apart from the investigate where the bullet came from and finding the murder weapon). I really don't see how I'm supposed to continue from here without cheating. Is there anything that I'm missing?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Radiation Cow posted:

I've been given the task to find Ruby. I've spoken to the washerwoman, found the bullet in the shack and exhausted all conversation options with everybody in the fishing village about Ruby.

I've also failed the mural check uh, twice. I can't level up Shivers or Inland Empire anymore because I'm capped and I can't open the check up again.

I've completed all the other side quests that are available to me (apart from the investigate where the bullet came from and finding the murder weapon). I really don't see how I'm supposed to continue from here without cheating. Is there anything that I'm missing?

why didn't you save-scum bro, this game rewards it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The last three spoilers are about pretty much the same thing, and it makes me wonder:

There has to be an alternative way to do that, right? I passed it easily on my first run because I had high Shivers, but it seems very, very weird to gate critical plot progression behind a specific skill when there are 24 skills and it's very possible that someone hasn't leveled that one up--or has, maxed it out, critical fails the 97% roll (happened to me on a different check), and can't reopen the white check because they can't put another point into Shivers.

Thing is, if there is another way to do it, it doesn't seem like anyone has found it, so that confuses me a lot.

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

Radiation Cow posted:

I know a few sidequests that unlock the mural check, you might've done them already but
completing the missing husband/dead guy quest, the cryptzoology quest, checking the firing squad site for sure
I think investigating the doomed commercial area and completing the church questline may also unlock it

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
what I learned from my first run regarding that is to do plot until I get stuck on a check and only then go and do side stuff.

btw regarding shivers if you take a drink you should be able to put another point in it due to the increased phys stat, but I don't know what happens if you do when the effect wears off.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What's the really important stat for the kim check? I want to tell a friend to pop a few points into that skill but I can't remember which one it is.

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017

Veris posted:

I know a few sidequests that unlock the mural check, you might've done them already but
completing the missing husband/dead guy quest, the cryptzoology quest, checking the firing squad site for sure
I think investigating the doomed commercial area and completing the church questline may also unlock it

For people with high suggestion, going on a date with lilienne also helps with the mural check.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Grapplejack posted:

What's the really important stat for the kim check? I want to tell a friend to pop a few points into that skill but I can't remember which one it is.

Authority

I'm assuming this is the check that makes him not get shot in the merc tribunal

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

frajaq posted:

Authority

I'm assuming this is the check that makes him not get shot in the merc tribunal

Correct, yeah. Thank you.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Why does my inventory ping all the time, even when I know I haven't gotten anything new?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Why does my inventory ping all the time, even when I know I haven't gotten anything new?

I'm getting this too

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My good intentions of not save-scumming are really loving me over on my second playthrough because I keep dying and then I haven't saved in 20 minutes. :negative:

In the late game you have so much medicine that damage is meaningless but in the early game you really should be tapping F5 like every two minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Harrow posted:

Starting up a new playthrough after my first is proving challenging because I found the way the story went to be so satisfying. I suppose the only solution is to go for something extreme HARD CORE TO THE MEGA this time.

My first run was 4/3/2/3 with Shivers as my signature (which also ended up being my highest skill in the end). This time, I'm considering either doing something nuts like 1/5/5/1, or just going with the starting physical build which I think is 1/2/5/4.

I think if you want something HARDCORE you should go 1/1/5/5. :cop: :cocaine:

And I know what you mean. I really liked (my) Harry as a character after I fnished the game.

pmchem posted:

Is it currently possible start a 1/1/1/1 character without mods and successfully complete the main quest?

It should be possible. There's a lot of stuff that can raise your stats and caps.

itry fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 20, 2019