Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1185526874014806017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
beastars continues to be good. i appreciate it's slow pace a lot
https://twitter.com/PunkJax/status/1185400495860584448

i'd make a thread, but i have not read the manga

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Anime-only threads are perfectly fine.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

Ill read the comic to you.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i read like five chapters in the middle by reverse searching sharky's posts. they were pretty good!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1185516111900446720?s=19

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That seems pretty and chill, which I'm a big fan of. Shame the character looks super generic

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Does she though?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
As others have said, Babylon episode 1 is pretty boring, but the following episodes are a massive improvement. There's a filmic quality to the framing and cuts that I haven't seen often in TV anime. It's enough to make me look forward to ep4 at least, although I hope the detective shows a wider range of character than stoic justice-seeker.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

Ill read the comic to you.
i would like that, thank you

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1185768886710329344

Bakarina looking good so far in anime form

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Did S1 ever get to the atheltics festival? I think that part has one of my favorite chapters.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

Did S1 ever get to the atheltics festival? I think that part has one of my favorite chapters.

Nope. S1 ended shortly after Kaguya couldn't hear the fireworks, maybe around chapter 50 or so. What you're looking for would probably be the S2 finale around chapter 90.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Finally, a good isekai.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
also airing this fall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiPP0ZP5YSA

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
The original Chinese dub is about 10 weeks ahead if you don't mind the difference in language. I've been liking it a lot but I am the gag comedy anime lover

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku8UMAHzUfw

The latest one to be released has a pretty good set of gags IMO, if you don't mind the Chinese dub.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I think of some of the narrative and setting limits they had with Houseki and realize all the fun their animators get to have with props and locations and varied characters now. Already flexing it in episode 2.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Here's the Beastars thread!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread for a good show :toot:

quote:

:siren:Beastars
Orange | Shinichi Matsumi | ... | Drama, Psychological, Shounen, Slice of Life | Manga | Oct 10, 2019
In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, herbivores and carnivores coexist with each other. For the adolescences of Cherryton Academy, school life is filled with hope, romance, distrust, and uneasiness. The main character is Legoshi the wolf, a member of the drama club. Despite his menacing appearance, he has a very gentle heart. Throughout most of his life, he has always been an object of fear and hatred by other animals, and he's been quite accustomed to that lifestyle. But soon, he finds himself becoming more involved with his fellow classmates who have their own share of insecurities and finds his life in school changing slowly.
PV
Thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait, Beastars is a school story? For some reason I thought it was an office story.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, Beastars is a school story? For some reason I thought it was an office story.

No, that is another animal people anime this season.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that synopsis honestly doesn't do beastars any favors lol

it doesn't mention the inciting incidents of the first episode that would probably entice people ( the murder of a student at the hands of a carnivore and legosi grapping with his animal instinct to eat someone too )

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought the same thing for a long time, it's probably because of the wolf guy's outfit.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

This might be... a pretty stacked season?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Toy-Snake Throwing and Inner-Bakarina shenanigans confirmed! :allears:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm not entirely sure what effect No Guns Life is actually aiming for, but I can't stop giggling at the protagonist's character design

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I thought this after watching the first couple of episodes but Special 7 is kinda hitting the same place as Midnight Occult Civil Servants did for me so if you watched that and liked it you might take a look.

Something that bugged me a little in episode 3 is when the spell goes haywire and Seiji holds it back from exploding it's like this big dramatic asspull that saves the day and rather than having any kind of reaction to it they're just joshing around in the last few seconds of the ep (which did serve another purpose so it wasn't entirely pointless) but it would have been nice if they'd left a minute or two to like, acknowledge what just happened instead of seeming to ignore it completely. I hope the next episode takes some time to address it since it's probably plot relevant regarding that character's nature but so far it has felt like each episode has had this kind of "good buildup, kind of lame resolution" where it doesn't quite stick the landing compared to how the investigations are shown working which is the part I like quite a bit.

speaking of parts I liked, instructing multiple agents via drone was a cool way to handle the bomb defusing, it made sense and worked with the tech/skills they've established as having -- also lol at the last timer *not* actually going down to the last second for drama's sake

I think what I'm mostly invested in finding out about as it goes on:
>what Seiji's power is exactly -- at this point it's looking like the boss is a dragon so is he also one or more like a wizard or something
>what happened to turn the Bro Cop into the villain? (I mean it's kinda obvious that's who scarface is...) and how that whole mess is creating conflicts on the team with Elf Guy being resentful and angry -- hoping for some drama to come out of that
>what's the deal with Ichinose being such a bad shot, is it a psychological block related to Bro Cop past stuff or is he just...that bad at it lol
>is the boss going to get a chance to go all serious and fully open his eyes and absolutely wreck some poo poo with dragon(?) powers lol

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 20, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I assume Ichinose being really bad at guns is just because it fits his character archetype of the lazy/unfit genius cop (see also how he sucks at running and climbing stairs).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
to me it feels like one of those things that has a little more to it, if he can close his eyes and exactly hit what he needs to then does it have something to do with his other eye being hidden, or was he traumatized because he needed to take a shot and missed and now he cant hit anything, or does he just suck at anything requiring coordination and physical skill which is why he needs a more athletic partner to round out the team

it makes me curious about his character and what makes him tick which is a thing I like about the show!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Oh, I almost missed this thread from a couple of weeks ago :sweatdrop:

quote:

Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season
Platinum Vision | ... | ... | Music, Drama, School, Shounen | Manga | Oct 6, 2019
Second season of Kono Oto Tomare!
PV
Thread

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Hmmm.

Stars Align is a pretty good show.

https://twitter.com/yusukeswife/status/1185026235556085761?s=19

Also good use of rotoscoping(?)

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1183144209076932609?s=20

Also president has some moves.

https://twitter.com/gimmewenis/status/1184977852736950272?s=20

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is the pres the totally gangsta girl who owns the dance like nobody has owned a dance ending in anime proper?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, student body pres is the girl at the very start

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the greatest gay rep in media: a guy going 'are you gay' and the other guy going 'uh' and then the guy going 'its cool if you are' and then they never mention it again

its an okay scene but i have no idea why this has 50k likes lol

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
watch given motherfuckers

e: i bring it up because it has that exact same scene but the dude actually is gay and the other guy goes 'yeah don't worry man, im bi too" so go watch it if you wanna see gay people do gay stuff like kissing, playing with each other's hair and joking about having sex in bathrooms

e2: i have been meaning to check stars align but after Run With The Wind, the bar for sports shows is astronomically high

watch run with the wind too

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 21, 2019

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

The voiceover in Blue Sub 6 is okay, with some rough spots. But the guy who voiced Zorndyke really stands out. So much of that performance oozes an eminently hateable villain, the kind with that detached, unflappable sense of his own righteousness.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

watch given motherfuckers
That scene was choice and Takuya Eguchi's delivery was delicious.

So yeah, big :same: watch given. Also, gently caress Uesama. Oh, look at me! Since I'm right handed, I can get to own the best guitar in the world without having to cough up a lung.

:negative:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

The voiceover in Blue Sub 6 is okay, with some rough spots. But the guy who voiced Zorndyke really stands out. So much of that performance oozes an eminently hateable villain, the kind with that detached, unflappable sense of his own righteousness.

Sub or Dub? Also, didn't he flood a d destroy the entire world because his family died in an accident? Aside that, why did he create the animal people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Endorph posted:

the greatest gay rep in media: a guy going 'are you gay' and the other guy going 'uh' and then the guy going 'its cool if you are' and then they never mention it again

its an okay scene but i have no idea why this has 50k likes lol

I'm so sick of unrequited gay love plots lol

I do get why they're pulling this in Stars Align tho, but yea it's not great gay representation. Maybe it'll get there?