Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trotskyist doesn't understand why people hate Trotskyists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ah yes this is *spins wheel* ... cargo cult

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

the idea that anyone would consider trotsky or trotskyists a serious threat or political target of significance in the 21st century is baffling to me

very cargo cultish

iirc Ho Chi Minh theorized that cryptofascist organizations that wanted left credibility would inevitably identify as trotskyist based on patterns he observed with trotskyist organizations and the guy himself

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I thought that was just taken as fact as the neocons emerged from the trots in the 50s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CYBEReris posted:

iirc Ho Chi Minh theorized that cryptofascist organizations that wanted left credibility would inevitably identify as trotskyist based on patterns he observed with trotskyist organizations and the guy himself
larouche

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that tweet is from the red guards though, or rather the austin version under their new name, who behave like crypto-fascist trots

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

that tweet is from the red guards though, or rather the austin version under their new name, who behave like crypto-fascist trots

well that’s because they’re cops cosplaying as shining path

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

it seems like stalinists are more fixated on trotsky than any trotskyists I have personally known

it’s good though because it completely alienates them from working class movements. like while we’re organizing unions and holding public meetings about building the capacity for public sector strikes, they’re holding reading groups about why trotskyists are bad and wondering why all the workers are joining us and being misled by our obvious social fascism and not being drawn to their bright golden banner

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

please don't lump all marxist-leninists in with the austin pd's red guards

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

ah yes this is *spins wheel* ... cargo cult

look if you want to tell me how the conflict between trotsky and stalin in the 1920's maps onto the 21st century in any meaningful way I'm all ears

but to me a ritual like beating an effigy of a politician who was successfully assassinated 80 years ago looks more than a little like behavior driven by magical thinking

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Looks like people having fun to me.

*good people with politically correct ideology beat up a pinata shaped like Nazi collaborationist counter-revolutionary*

"how could they destroy this effigy of a politician :qq:"

Pener Kropoopkin fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 20, 2019

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the only people ive ever heard describe trotsky as a nazi collaborator are some of the most unhinged people ive ever met. all young, all poli sci majors who have never organized a thing, all completely hostile to working class movements and fighters. theyve read a billion things by weirdos like grover furr which explain why the molotov ribbentrop pact wasnt collaboration but have no clue how to make an email sign up sheet in word, or manage a spreadsheet of contacts, or run a meeting or even the most basic initial steps of how to organize a union. their professional leftbook/forums posters and they have no interest in an actual revolution, theyre just larpers who like the color red.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
27 year old white liberal arts major wearing ushanka in the middle of july: trotsky and all trotskyists are nazi collaborators
42 year old UPS driver whos a shop steward for her teamsters local: wtf is a trotsky?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i knew a bunch of people in college who were serious trotskyist or anti-trotskyist and every single one of them who still is active in organizing doesn’t give a poo poo about any of that anymore because it’s loving stupid

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

THS posted:

i knew a bunch of people in college who were serious trotskyist or anti-trotskyist and every single one of them who still is active in organizing doesn’t give a poo poo about any of that anymore because it’s loving stupid

what about the ones that aren't still active in organizing

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mr. Lobe posted:

what about the ones that aren't still active in organizing

They're posting in here

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
are trotski's communist bronies?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

that the US maoists are getting more criticism in here for a Trotsky piñata than they did for assaulting an elderly DSA volunteer in Kansas City

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Atrocious Joe posted:

that the US maoists are getting more criticism in here for a Trotsky piñata than they did for assaulting an elderly DSA volunteer in Kansas City

what do you suppose is the over/under on them being actual maoists vs cops?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mr. Lobe posted:

what do you suppose is the over/under on them being actual maoists vs cops?

There at least a few cops in there certainly. Google Brandon Darby

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Atrocious Joe posted:

assaulting an elderly DSA volunteer

Direct action gets the goods

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

that's because it's funny and stress relieving to argue about trotsky and whether he was a sex criminal for the 100th time and its depressing and stressful to consider the growing reality of direct political violence, some of which is cops who learned how to imitate retarded college Maoists and are now committing some in our name

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
trotsky had a train

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Larry Parrish posted:

since im not a fake leftist im gonna say he's good. probably the worst thing i can say about him is he's a trot

i have long suspected as much

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Karl Barks posted:

There at least a few cops in there certainly. Google Brandon Darby

circumstantially, they can’t even operate without federal funding

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"homex is a trot" is the only phrase that will make him rereg

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

homex is a trot

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

it’s good though because it completely alienates them from working class movements. like while we’re organizing unions and holding public meetings about building the capacity for public sector strikes, they’re holding reading groups about why trotskyists are bad and wondering why all the workers are joining us and being misled by our obvious social fascism and not being drawn to their bright golden banner

it also bears mention that out of all the DSA caucuses, the Trot ones were the most organized and honestly the only ones that were able to present anything in a meaningful and detailed manner

but that's the DSA, so lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

"homex is a trot" is the only phrase that will make him rereg

hey, if it's a Bloody Mary, I'll sing the refrain

homex is a trot

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
homex is a trot

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

homex is a trot
new thread title

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
homex is a thot

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
homex is a trot! (turns light off, hook rips my throat out)

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

big business man posted:

im dumb as hell and will not pretend otherwise!!

ok now i trust you, unironically

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

apropos to nothing posted:

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
that being said, dsa killed rosa

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
DSA are social facists who killed Rosa

Trots are sexpests who are about tonturn into neocons

Stalinists are armchair academics who pretend to be the arbiters of true leftist politics

Anarchists are lifestylists who pretend being a punk rock burnout is a political identity

Maoists are middle to upper class individuals who overdosed on white guilt

Am I missing anything?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Leninists are too smart & sexy, and you’ll never get a revolution going by making everyone feel so inadequate.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

the majority of jacobin, labor notes, and a major dsa faction are Trotskyist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

big business man posted:

the majority of jacobin, labor notes, and a major dsa faction are Trotskyist

https://twitter.com/turing_police/status/1186065586419142656?s=20