Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
this showed up in google results when I searched for some CK3 news
:lol:
https://www.change.org/p/paradox-interactive-get-the-phrase-deus-vult-added-into-ck3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dwesa posted:

https://www.change.org/p/paradox-interactive-get-the-phrase-deus-vult-added-into-ck3

lol these are some baby back bitches

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Was playing the Count of Monemvasia from 769, managed to work my way up to the King of Greece and was poised to eat up Bulgaria, when the Byzantine Emperor died of Cancer, and my game ended... is that a known thing? Bit of a pity - I was going for the Hellenic achievement

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
It’s funny how rear end blasted these people are, but what the gently caress was the author thinking to put that in if it’s not what was said?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Top Hats Monthly posted:

It’s funny how rear end blasted these people are, but what the gently caress was the author thinking to put that in if it’s not what was said?

Clicks?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

when was the last time a journalist suffered negative repercussions for saying something that was untrue, dude?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
In retrospect that was a dumb question to ask.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The people at Rock Paper Shotgun aren’t exactly intellectual juggernauts

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dwesa posted:

And thats why they were right in removing the phrase

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So I haven't played ck2 in a long time and wanted to get back in, especially since holy fury is half off. Is Jade Dragon worth it too? Those two and Charlemagne are the only ones I'm missing.

Also, lmao that the stream pages are all people angry over deus vult being removed. Gamers dumb.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I haven't played in a while, and apparently I can start a game with the entire world split between 2-year-olds?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

If you play in the East, Jade Dragon is worth it imo, but if you play in Europe it barely affects you.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I imagine the question was something like "The only expansion for the first game was called Deus Vult. Back then it was something that bad people said 700 years ago, but nowadays it's something bad people say nowadays on the Internet. Do you understand that it's closer to home today?" and the answer was something like "We won't make any slogans that can offend anyone in promoting materials" and Henrik awkwardly removed his ironic "Make Space Great Again" hat.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Red baseball caps trigger a fight-or-flight response in me, and I wish they didn't.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

I haven't played in a while, and apparently I can start a game with the entire world split between 2-year-olds?

Rulers have been squabbling children since launch though?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

ilitarist posted:

I imagine the question was something like "The only expansion for the first game was called Deus Vult. Back then it was something that bad people said 700 years ago, but nowadays it's something bad people say nowadays on the Internet. Do you understand that it's closer to home today?" and the answer was something like "We won't make any slogans that can offend anyone in promoting materials" and Henrik awkwardly removed his ironic "Make Space Great Again" hat.

Or it was some something like "The game is a long ways away from release and so we haven't decided on specific terminology yet" "So you're saying you haven't put 'Deus Vult' in the game?" "Correct."

"Paradox announces that they are removing the phrase Deus Vult from Crusader Kings 3!!"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Best Friends posted:

If you play in the East, Jade Dragon is worth it imo, but if you play in Europe it barely affects you.

Unless you get an expansionist Emperor of China and suddenly the Western Protectorate is in Spain

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Jade Dragon's biggest gimmick is a load of CBs that you can read about on the wiki. It lets you lay down some cash and prestige up front to declare war without a proper claim.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Or it was some something like "The game is a long ways away from release and so we haven't decided on specific terminology yet" "So you're saying you haven't put 'Deus Vult' in the game?" "Correct."

"Paradox announces that they are removing the phrase Deus Vult from Crusader Kings 3!!"

Multiple people have called it "Paradox is BANNING Deus Vult from Crusader Kings" which is..frustrating.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Get hosed, William!

I'm not usually an Iron Man type of person, but that challenge was pretty fun

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

Get hosed, William!

I'm not usually an Iron Man type of person, but that challenge was pretty fun

you don't need to do it on iron man

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Davincie posted:

You do it on "bronzeman". The important part is that I'm not used to playing without a bunch of mods and stuff that would disable achievements.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Midnight Voyager posted:

You do it on "bronzeman". The important part is that I'm not used to playing without a bunch of mods and stuff that would disable achievements.

Same. It's been real weird playing without mods.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have to be without my pc for 6 weeks, but apparently the last Mac update makes this unplayable. Does anyone know a work around so I can get my fix??

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Do you have to do all the challenges in one game or can I run around pumping out sons like a madman in one game and do the other two in a different game?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

ugh i definitely only like doing what i like doing in this game BUT the promise of rewards in ck3 is incredibly tempting...what to do what to do...does anyone know what the rewards are? they said just cosmetic right?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

1stGear posted:

Do you have to do all the challenges in one game or can I run around pumping out sons like a madman in one game and do the other two in a different game?

I did the sons in one game, ended up having MASSIVE HRE/France problems, and ended up trying over again with a better strategy in mind. Didn't have enough sons, but it still counted as gold there.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

ugh i definitely only like doing what i like doing in this game BUT the promise of rewards in ck3 is incredibly tempting...what to do what to do...does anyone know what the rewards are? they said just cosmetic right?

There's a list of them at the bottom of the challenge window thing, you can scroll through at your leisure. It's all hats and hairs pretty much.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Davincie posted:

But CAN you do them on Ironman? I did a couple of their 'featured characters' earlier in the year and was slightly disappointed I couldn't do achievements with them.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I'm sure someone will figure out a way to transfer a save game to unlock them, especially since you can't do them on linux iirc. Otherwise I might have to do it myself. :ohdear:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eimi posted:

I'm sure someone will figure out a way to transfer a save game to unlock them, especially since you can't do them on linux iirc. Otherwise I might have to do it myself. :ohdear:

I imagine there will immediately be a mod to unlock them all if not a savegame.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I have to be without my pc for 6 weeks, but apparently the last Mac update makes this unplayable. Does anyone know a work around so I can get my fix??

What is your version on steam? Make sure its at least v3.2.2

That should be the one that adds 64 bit support (which is why the Mac update broke it, used to be 32 bit). On PC that patch has been released, maybe for Mac you need to opt into a beta update?

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 21, 2019

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

Davincie posted:

just import the upgradeable palace from civ 3

Unironically that's exactly what I want.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

There's nothing quite as depressing as having an incapable ruler last for a decade.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

SirPhoebos posted:

There's nothing quite as depressing as having an incapable ruler last for a decade.

Just for fun I made a Cheat Engine hack that blocked the player character from acquiring undesirable traits that could be selected from a list. Unfortunately I didn't account for the setting of character flags as well, because when one of my rulers became Incapable the trait didn't show up, but it still triggered a regency. Longest regency I've ever had to deal with.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
God, I hope they do something better for the far east---not sure what, exactly, (just have loving China as a place, really) but I was not a big fan of Jade Dragon mechanics at all.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So I just heard that CK3 is now a thing.

I feel like I just heard my parents announce their divorce. Again.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Are people playing the Monarch's Journey challenges yet? As long as King Konan's dynasty is around its easy to blob for the territory but I'm finding it hard to sire enough sons and kill William of Normandy's kids before Konan dies.

How are y'all doing at it?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Yadoppsi posted:

Are people playing the Monarch's Journey challenges yet? As long as King Konan's dynasty is around its easy to blob for the territory but I'm finding it hard to sire enough sons and kill William of Normandy's kids before Konan dies.

How are y'all doing at it?

You can kill William's descendents past your first character's life, so you have like 400 years.

Kids I chose seduction and just brought in a ton of <20 YO courtiers and got to it.

The land one is difficult...I have everything on the continent but will need to figure out how to grab southern England.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You have all the time in the game to kill William's dynasty and get the land back, so the only real hard part is getting enough sons with your first character. Legitimized bastards do count, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Veryslightlymad posted:

God, I hope they do something better for the far east---not sure what, exactly, (just have loving China as a place, really) but I was not a big fan of Jade Dragon mechanics at all.

Jade Dragon was cool and good