Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Every single word in this article should be considered :nms:

Like, i reflexively crossed my legs several times when I saw this earlier today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A hernia, an abscess, a parasitic infection causing his balls to swell, and a bacterial infection as the cherry on top. Jfc :stonk:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Ars article links to the actual case report with pictures too.

Don’t click that link. Trust me.

quote:

Foley catheter placement attempt proved to be difficult due to a buried penis, but was successfully accomplished by a dorsal slit procedure.

:gonk:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Just saw something about multiple casaulties at ft worth. News story went away before i clicked on it, anyone know whats up?

Edit: car crash. Thought something had happened with these military because they had people in uniform on the picture. Weird

Stravag fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 20, 2019

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Stravag posted:

Just saw something about multiple casaulties at ft worth. News story went away before i clicked on it, anyone know whats up?

Edit: car crash. Thought something had happened with these military because they had people in uniform on the picture. Weird

there are always people in uniform around in texas.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Icon Of Sin posted:

A hernia, an abscess, a parasitic infection causing his balls to swell, and a bacterial infection as the cherry on top. Jfc :stonk:

I guess you clicked through to the journal article, then.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Not Fort Worth, but there was a deadly training accident at Fort Stewart today. A Bradley drove/rolled over into water and they drown. I’m assuming one of two places given the unit and the accident, but the Ogeechee river runs east to west across the entire training area, so it could have honesty been anywhere.

https://www.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/20/us/fort-stewart-soldiers-killed/index.html

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tulsi was also on the short list to be VP for jill stein and she’s in with putin’s people also.

You can’t say this now because Clinton did and anything she says is poisoned.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Day four of anti-corruption protests in Lebanon

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1185998849460097024?s=19

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1185962030991396864?s=19

https://twitter.com/rami_rizk/status/1185994997927206913?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh wow

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
That's amazing.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
They're trying to ram austerity bullshit down their throats

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-19/u-s-proposed-to-help-north-korea-build-tourist-area-report

quote:

U.S. officials proposed a long-term plan to help North Korea construct a tourist area in return for denuclearization during recent working-level talks in Stockholm, Hankook Ilbo newspaper reported.

U.S. negotiators prepared plans on the development of the Kalma tourist area, the paper said, citing an unidentified senior South Korean diplomat familiar with the talks in Stockholm. The paper didn’t say how North Korea reacted to the proposal.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been pushing to complete a resort construction in the Wonsan-Kalma coastal area. In August, Pak Pong Ju, a key member of the ruling party’s politburo, visited the region to encourage workers to make the area “a scenic spot” on the east coast.

President Real Estate Deals

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i mean in terms of trump its not the dumbest idea

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I thought they already agreed to denuclearize

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i mean in terms of trump its not the dumbest idea

Yeah, it seems like the kind of thing that a naive, optimistic 2016-er would expect to be Trump's diplomatic forte. It's unconventional, but it plays to his supposed area of expertise. Why not give it a shot?

e: it also seems like a pretty nice beach area from Google Maps. Unless the sand is made from ground down dissident bones or something.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope I can wear my Vinylon swim trunks.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The thing I never got with Tulsi is that she’s a major in the Army, isn’t having terrible opinions significantly more probable than being a literal foreign spy?

brains
May 12, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

The thing I never got with Tulsi is that she’s a major in the Army, isn’t having terrible opinions significantly more probable than being a literal foreign spy?

i think the whole 'spying for putin' thing is overblown nonsense. a better way to explain it is that as a strategy for the 2020 election, russia is leaning heavily into propping up a third-party candidate to steal enough votes and throw the election, since they've already succeeded in cleaving the electorate in two. gabbard is just a convenient stooge with her own brand of brain worms (lmao that this is the #1 US export to russia these days).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Yeah, it seems like the kind of thing that a naive, optimistic 2016-er would expect to be Trump's diplomatic forte. It's unconventional, but it plays to his supposed area of expertise. Why not give it a shot?

e: it also seems like a pretty nice beach area from Google Maps. Unless the sand is made from ground down dissident bones or something.

right? like someone tried to figure out how to use the orange blob for something worthwhile. its dumb but so is a lot of diplomacy

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Navy veteran who lost his legs, scrotum, and penis to an IED gets a penile transplant.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/10/16/having-penis-transplant-was-one-best-decisions-i-ever-made-navy-veteran-says.html

No pics.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SimonCat posted:

Navy veteran who lost his legs, scrotum, and penis to an IED gets a penile transplant.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/10/16/having-penis-transplant-was-one-best-decisions-i-ever-made-navy-veteran-says.html

No pics.

goes well with the thread title

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I refuse to give the fat gently caress in chief an "Only Trump could go to North Korea" moment. He's such a corrupt, sociopathic mother fucker it would have been all about lining his own pockets and the idea of making peace wouldn't have even been a political consideration. The absolute best possible interpretation I'll ever give him is he would want the photo op and tag line of a peace process so he could have his ego stroked about how superior he is for making it look like it happened, then his deal would fall into a poo poo fill lagoon the second after he had Fox trumpeting his bullshit about it for him.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah she was ironically probably smarter as a LT before the brain worms really started setting in

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

This is really funny when you have seen the actual cannon.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Never intended to kill just scare natives? Lol

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bird cooch posted:

This is really funny when you have seen the actual cannon.

As a mostly Texan I can swear to y'all Texas has a long, racist, and dumb history.

Like, the Halls of heroes are filled with spiteful and inept figures with such accomplishments as "wanted to own slaves so bad", "lost lives in completely avoidable encounter", and "won war by accident."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the alamo is cool though

plus theres a ripleys believe it or not across the street

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the alamo is cool though

plus theres a ripleys believe it or not across the street

Ripleys always 100% owns

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fallom posted:

Ripleys always 100% owns

gently caress yes

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Austin makes you forget you're in Texas while somehow also being extremely Texan at the same time.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

As a mostly Texan I can swear to y'all Texas has a long, racist, and dumb history.

Like, the Halls of heroes are filled with spiteful and inept figures with such accomplishments as "wanted to own slaves so bad", "lost lives in completely avoidable encounter", and "won war by accident."

Agreed. I'm constantly filling in the nonsense gaps in my daughter's history education.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

It really is a dumb history. The battle of san jacinto is still my favorite battle.

After having their asses kicked all over Texas, the Texas army ambushes the Mexican army while they are taking a siesta, find santa anna injured under a tree and force him to sign a surrender. Its just such a dumb way to win a war.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the alamo is cool though

"Remember the time all our greatest heroes got butchered fighting an obviously lost cause that accomplished nothing!"

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

"Remember the time all our greatest heroes got butchered fighting an obviously lost cause that accomplished nothing!"

It didn't accomplish nothing, it kept them from fighting in the civil war

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Elmnt80 posted:

It really is a dumb history. The battle of san jacinto is still my favorite battle.

After having their asses kicked all over Texas, the Texas army ambushes the Mexican army while they are taking a siesta, find santa anna injured under a tree and force him to sign a surrender. Its just such a dumb way to win a war.

My favorite texan-ism is if they're talking about the battle of San Jah-cinto.

Me: Isn't it supposed to be yah-cinto?

Texan: Well, we won the war!!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Of all the King of the Hill clips on YouTube, the ones from the Santa Anna's leg episode are poo poo quality.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Crakkerjakk posted:

My favorite texan-ism is if they're talking about the battle of San Jah-cinto.

Me: Isn't it supposed to be yah-cinto?

Texan: Well, we won the war!!!

well, the victors write the history books, so now the history books say its pronounced Jah-cinto.

its obviously all the spanish speakers who are wrong now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wouldn't contemporary Texans have pronounced it right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Texas is so mad about not getting to own people that we've revolted twice