Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean, the buttons are in the same position under your thumb. Unless you're looking down at the colors and going "oh!" every 5 minutes I don't see how that would help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So I can play Ring Fit with no Joycon issues like the right one randomly disconnecting. But I've been playing DQB2 for about a half-hour and it's disconnected itself 3 or 4 times. Why are these such lovely controllers?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Don't worry, nintendo is about to journey into space to find some more Nintendobtanium

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

American McGay posted:

I mean, the buttons are in the same position under your thumb. Unless you're looking down at the colors and going "oh!" every 5 minutes I don't see how that would help you.

Giant A makes a significant tactile difference.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

doingitwrong posted:

Giant A makes a significant tactile difference.

Yeah, everything having its own shape really makes it easier for my brain to adjust to it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The cat has determined the ring is a comfy sleeping place

Weedle
May 31, 2006

American McGay posted:

The Xbox and (non-JP) PlayStation use their bottom face buttons for confirm and right face buttons to cancel—the opposite of Nintendo’s control scheme. The frequent readjustment can be annoying if you divide your time between the Switch and another console.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

And also Xbox uses the same Button labels as Nintendo except... the other way around :psyduck:

The EU needs to clamp down on this poo poo!!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/sebstainVEVO/status/1185563420856389633

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I see Amazon user Nathaniel has seized his chance to brutally own Meemaw for her ignorance.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Xbox 360 has the Nintendo on the Internet, can I play Ring Fit???

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No mercy for Boomers who pretend not to understand the concept of Brands in order to Rile the Youth

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Nathaniel is harsh but fair

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

And also Xbox uses the same Button labels as Nintendo except... the other way around :psyduck:

The EU needs to clamp down on this poo poo!!

"Face buttons are to be renamed G D P R." :commissar:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

"Face buttons are to be renamed G D P R." :commissar:

Hahaha

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I bought revenge of the bird king for nine cents and it was a great purchase.

I bought neon drive for like ten bucks a few weeks ago and it was not.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh I'm playing it but it kicks my rear end because I am extremely in poor shape. I'm having to play one every other day till my body adjusts. So I've played literally about one hour

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Len posted:

I'll say it

The GameCube controller was good but people need to stop putting it in some weird pedestal like it's the ultimate controller and the best ever made.
I don't disagree, but I don't see what your post has to do with this set of themed joycons. Doesn't seem very worship-y to me.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

PUT GOOSE IN SMASH YOU COWARDS

Redditor uses amiibo template to make a Goose amiibo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amppelix posted:

I don't disagree, but I don't see what your post has to do with this set of themed joycons. Doesn't seem very worship-y to me.

Presumably the target audience are the same type that buy adaptors for their GameCube controllers in 2019 so it was implied

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tired: Groose for Smash
Wired: Goose for Smash

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
put super mario rpg on the switch and also the entire gba library but specifically the mega man battle network games ninty

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I’m 99% sure they’re holding off on SMRPG and Earthbound for Switch until they need to vent some more nerd anger.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Gann Jerrod posted:

I’m 99% sure they’re holding off on SMRPG and Earthbound for Switch until they need to vent some more nerd anger.

Six months after Breath of the Wild 2 confirmed.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Gann Jerrod posted:

100%

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gann Jerrod posted:

reading this makes me angry

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Just popping in to say that RingFit is a great work-out and a fun game, and everyone should buy it so that they make DLC. Seems like it's probably selling well– my mom & pop store sold all 5 copies he got in.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gann Jerrod posted:

So right after announcing Metroid prime 4 is cancelled

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

put super mario rpg on the switch and also the entire gba library but specifically the mega man battle network games ninty

I want to play advance wars and the GBA/DS metroidvanias so bad.

Let me buy those you loving cowards.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

nachos posted:

So right after announcing Metroid prime 4 is cancelled

Why would you say that! Why the gently caress would you say that!! No!!!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

Just popping in to say that RingFit is a great work-out and a fun game, and everyone should buy it so that they make DLC. Seems like it's probably selling well– my mom & pop store sold all 5 copies he got in.
RingFit seems like it could be an excellent party game if they bothered to create multiplayer for it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Chill Penguin posted:

everyone should buy it so that they make DLC
Like all the DLC they made for Mario Party.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
PVP could be wild. I'd love to see RingFit eSports.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
smrpg remake will be the next links awakening style remake, and will be announced alongside Geno as the first post-season pass DLC character for smash

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SelenicMartian posted:

Like all the DLC they made for Mario Party.
No one bought Mario Party.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So with the Namco Bandia publisher sale ending soon, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if I should get the Switch version of Taiko no Tatsujin, or just get the PS4 version?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Willo567 posted:

So with the Namco Bandia publisher sale ending soon, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if I should get the Switch version of Taiko no Tatsujin, or just get the PS4 version?

If you're not buying a drum controller for either I had more fun with the touch controls on the Switch than playing with buttons

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Live Free posted:

I got every single moon in odyssey and ive been desperate for more odyssey for a long time, but the only two similar switch games both involve jontron and I'm not going to lower myself to that

Spyro Reignited came out last month?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Willo567 posted:

They have different soundtracks so you should look those up first before making any kind of decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Willo567 posted:

I haven’t tried it for myself but I hear the game works with Donkey Konga bongos if you have a set of those somewhere and a GameCube adaptor.