Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

slicing up eyeballs posted:

Everyone should go to therapy regardless. Now, imagine four climates on the edge of a cliff

u cant fool me with ur propaganda, big therapy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
On the plus side, places like Calgary are going to be amazing to live. Take the edge off those nasty winters and you have one hell of a city!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

cheese posted:

On the plus side, places like Calgary are going to be amazing to live. Take the edge off those nasty winters and you have one hell of a city!

I hope you like refugees because there's gonna be billions of refugees

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

HelloSailorSign posted:

If your first analogies of death involve kids dying, you should see your therapist.

Bud if you think my analogy of climate change involving kid death is upsetting, wait until you see what actual climate change does!

Leperflesh posted:

I hope you like refugees because there's gonna be billions of refugees

Drones with high explosive missiles + DMZ = no refugees.

Edit: Mods can't tell the difference between a prediction and an endorsement.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 16, 2019

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SFist/status/1184225298004566016?s=20

Also good news....for gas prices!

https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/1184225398416003072?s=20

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

cheese posted:

I've heard climate change is responsible for those bastard "polar vortex" events that made it be -30 to -40 for a whole month straight last winter, so I think hoping climate change will "take the edge off those nasty winters" is overly optimistic to say the least.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

PT6A posted:

I've heard climate change is responsible for those bastard "polar vortex" events that made it be -30 to -40 for a whole month straight last winter, so I think hoping climate change will "take the edge off those nasty winters" is overly optimistic to say the least.

Give it another couple of decades or so and there won't be a polar cell to disrupt and send cold air careening around the northern hemisphere. On the upside, no more sudden -40 events. Downside, the ensuing equable climate is going to be absolute hell on whatever remains of the ecosystem.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Complications posted:

Give it another couple of decades or so and there won't be a polar cell to disrupt and send cold air careening around the northern hemisphere. On the upside, no more sudden -40 events. Downside, the ensuing equable climate is going to be absolute hell on whatever remains of the ecosystem.
In conclusion, climate change is a complicated issue with arguments to be made on both sides!

Remind me to encourage my grandmother to sell her rural central valley property before the water table drops so low she can't drill a new well...

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
San Jose's mayor wants to explore San Jose buying PG&E's power lines, or even creating their own power grid to boot PG&E out of the city.

Insert the "Worst person you know just made a good point" Onion article here.

For real though we're already doing a community choice clean energy program thing, all PG&E does at this point is handle transmission. It would absolutely make sense for us to buy those lines and fold the whole program under the city.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Is Licardo bad? I’ve heard good things about him fighting Trump’s FCC with regards to 5g.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I just spent 35 bux to fill my our prius. Jesus i never spend over 23

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i would prefer if the higher gas prices were due to onerous taxation aimed at reducing personal vehicles and funneled into public transit, airborne housing, and large guillotines for the rich.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I just spent 41 bux to fill my prius.
🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Punkin Spunkin posted:

🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

Idgi

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Admiral Ray posted:

i would prefer if the higher gas prices were due to onerous taxation aimed at reducing personal vehicles and funneled into public transit, airborne housing, and large guillotines for the rich.

Yeah, I don't even know why they suddenly went up 10-15%? Did a new tax or tariff come online?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That's what i just did
Fellow poo poo gas prices condolences

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Infinite Karma posted:

Yeah, I don't even know why they suddenly went up 10-15%? Did a new tax or tariff come online?

A few drones packed with explosives blew up part of a Saudi oil refinery in retaliation for their ongoing genocide of Yemeni people.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
And now we're sending troops and more poo poo into saudi arabia cuz hey, when has that ever bit us in the rear end
:911:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
And here I thought it was Winter Blend time!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kill Bristol posted:

Is Licardo bad? I’ve heard good things about him fighting Trump’s FCC with regards to 5g.

He's a big anti-labor/anti-union guy. He came into power by making a big stink about the city's budget and decided the solution was to completely gut pay and benefits for emergency response workers in the city. That caused a bunch of police, firefighters, and EMT's to quit and get jobs in other Bay Area cities, after which Liccardo declared a "crisis" from the hit to emergency services and pushed hard for a local ballot measure to raise sales tax (woo regressive taxes!) so the city would have more money to end the crisis he caused. Two of the unions at my current workplace also were in a hair's breath of striking earlier this year because the City was trying to play hardball in negotiations, pretty much entirely at the behest of Liccardo and his cronies.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Punkin Spunkin posted:

That's what i just did
Fellow poo poo gas prices condolences

Haha its terrible isnt it. Im used to a cool 19.00 fillup every 2 weeks

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I've been biking to work for the last couple months and haven't been driving as much, finally needed to get a fillup this last week. drat near fell over when I saw the price.

Gonna keep biking.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

85 of ol' Uncle Sam's Fun Buckaroos to fill for me. I usually just drive a state vehicle so it had been a while. Gonna start riding the bus when I don't have it

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I got in an accident last month and my Volt had to be in the shop until yesterday because the UAW strike put a bunch of required GM parts on backorder. In the mean time I fell back on my old 95' Volvo and wow I forgot how expensive gas is. I've used a total of maybe 4-5 gallons of gas in the eight or so months I've owned the Volt, but spent a good $120 on gas in the month I was driving the Volvo on a couple tank fillups, and that's with me taking the train or biking to work most days because that Volvo is a piece of poo poo I left to rust for 8 months and felt like it was going to come apart like the Bluesmobile any second.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

And here I thought it was Winter Blend time!

Winter blend is supposed to mean cheaper gas!

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Sydin posted:

He's a big anti-labor/anti-union guy. He came into power by making a big stink about the city's budget and decided the solution was to completely gut pay and benefits for emergency response workers in the city. That caused a bunch of police, firefighters, and EMT's to quit and get jobs in other Bay Area cities, after which Liccardo declared a "crisis" from the hit to emergency services and pushed hard for a local ballot measure to raise sales tax (woo regressive taxes!) so the city would have more money to end the crisis he caused. Two of the unions at my current workplace also were in a hair's breath of striking earlier this year because the City was trying to play hardball in negotiations, pretty much entirely at the behest of Liccardo and his cronies.

Also, in a city with things like Slavery Towers, he likes to pretend wage theft doesn’t exist

His twitter handle is sliccardo and it’s very fitting

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Well that sucks. I liked the stuff that he was doing for biking and pushing back on Trump's FCC.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

FCKGW posted:

Winter blend is supposed to mean cheaper gas!

There's usually a brief spike as refineries transition over and the supply chain gets filled out again. I'd thought it was the blend-switching spike as well, but gently caress me if it won't chill the gently caress out.

Kenning fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 20, 2019

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So, PG&E predicts it'll 10 years to get its poo poo together.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Nationalize these dipshits and guillotine the executives already for gently caress's sake

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kenning posted:

There's usually a brief spike as refineries transition over and the supply chain gets filled out again. I'd thought it was the blend-switching spike as well, but gently caress me if it won't chill the gently caress out.
Also, this week we had a refinery explode and shut down here in the Bay Area, and that always causes a price spike.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodeo-refinery-fire-explosion-at-nustar-refinery-storage-facility-leads-to-fires-today-live-updates-2019-10-15/

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FMguru posted:

Also, this week we had a refinery explode and shut down here in the Bay Area, and that always causes a price spike.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodeo-refinery-fire-explosion-at-nustar-refinery-storage-facility-leads-to-fires-today-live-updates-2019-10-15/

No we didn't.

Two ethanol storage tanks exploded and burnt down at a storage facility, no refineries were affected, despite the misleading headline.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

atelier morgan posted:

Nationalize these dipshits and guillotine the executives already for gently caress's sake

Right now it seems like the only political will for it is at the city/county level. Newsom AFAIK hasn't mentioned nationalization at all in his pretty numerous remarks about the shutoff. My hope right now is that they're just waiting for the bankruptcy proceedings to wrap up before considering it, but it's also entirely possible it's just too much boat rocking for Newsom's liking no matter what.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yeah I saw this late the other night and all I could think of was "hey maybe the state should follow up with 'so none of your execs are getting paid in those 10 years, right?'" with all the finesse of a large italian fixer-man cliche.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Rather than try to nationalize PG&E outright, which I reluctantly concede there may not be a broad enough public consensus for, we should take a page out of the GOP book and just saddle them with increasingly punitive ballot measures (which I'm sure can pass) until their failure and nationalization is the only option.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah I saw this late the other night and all I could think of was "hey maybe the state should follow up with 'so none of your execs are getting paid in those 10 years, right?'" with all the finesse of a large italian fixer-man cliche.

lmao

The executives will get performance based bonuses for how well falsify maintenance records and then cut surplus budget the fixing is going, coupled with stock buybacks and big dividends when the maintenance budgets are cut free market efficiencies are found.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sydin posted:

Right now it seems like the only political will for it is at the city/county level. Newsom AFAIK hasn't mentioned nationalization at all in his pretty numerous remarks about the shutoff. My hope right now is that they're just waiting for the bankruptcy proceedings to wrap up before considering it, but it's also entirely possible it's just too much boat rocking for Newsom's liking no matter what.

democrats are garbage especially ours here in ca

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
california democrats

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Municipalize PG&E. Nationalisation is probably too hard a sell but plenty of places already have publicly owned utilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My favorite part of living in Anaheim is the public utilities.