Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have the RotJ one with the voicebox feature, but it's the same basic figure.

The voice box is so useless. You literally need to remove his head, cape, armor, tunic and open up the base black bodysuit halfway to get to the switch to turn it on. And then it's only on for like a half hour before it powers itself off. So that's no loss.

Other than it being extremely difficult to get the batteries in the belt boxes, it's solid. Hot Toys 100% nails armor and helmet looks.

You should probably buy it from BBTS though, their shipping is $4. Sideshow's is expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't even watch Ultraman but this dude looks pretty badass

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I have the RotJ one with the voicebox feature, but it's the same basic figure.

The voice box is so useless. You literally need to remove his head, cape, armor, tunic and open up the base black bodysuit halfway to get to the switch to turn it on. And then it's only on for like a half hour before it powers itself off. So that's no loss.

Other than it being extremely difficult to get the batteries in the belt boxes, it's solid. Hot Toys 100% nails armor and helmet looks.

You should probably buy it from BBTS though, their shipping is $4. Sideshow's is expensive.

Looks like Sideshow has free shipping on this item at least right now, and I think the price is cheaper than BBTS'. How long does it usually take Sideshow to get their stuff to you?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have it, that specific one. it’s very good. The only issue I have with it is his hands are hard to lock into place, but they stay in there well enough.

It’s a really nice piece when he’s all set up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Looks like Sideshow has free shipping on this item at least right now, and I think the price is cheaper than BBTS'. How long does it usually take Sideshow to get their stuff to you?

2 days from them in Cali to me in Quebec. Sideshow's shipping is good, just usually expensive.

BBTS is $266.99 so same price, but if it's free shipping with Sideshow definitely go ahead there.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have the Rogue One Vader - and it's one of the best figures I own. You won't go wrong with the one above.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo knockoff giant devastator is like fifty bucks on AliExpress.

I think I've found my Christmas gift to myself.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Which one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The NBK one?

It's poo poo, dont do it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No idea on which version.

Here's the link I used :

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20191017003947&SearchText=devastator+42cm&switch_new_app=y

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah don't. Those are all poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, do you have any suggestions or links to find a decent one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well, do you have any suggestions or links to find a decent one?

Yes sir

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...rchweb201603_52

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They don't deliver to the US, should I use Jinbao as the search term for the big guys that are awesome?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

They don't deliver to the US, should I use Jinbao as the search term for the big guys that are awesome?

Huh? I've bought from that seller numerous times! It says "Free shipping to United States."

This is the best bang for your buck. And make sure you get the add on kit, it puts it at like 16.5 inches tall.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno what to tell you my dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's literally just you, smartlulu is the go-to Alie seller for the US.

Try ShowZ. You'll pay a bit more but they're an ace site.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll try it on a diff browser and see if that's it.

Appreciate the heads up!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I finally caved and bought the ML First Avenger Cap & Peggy set and it’s just fantastic. Cap is nearly perfect, the only issue I have is the armband things on the classic shield are just a bit tight and took some work to get on. Peggy looks pretty good. Kinda wish it was one of her Agent Carter outfits, but the military uniform is just as good.

Just gotta track down one of those Red Skulls now. It’s too bad we’ll probably never get the other Howling Commandos.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I finally caved and bought the ML First Avenger Cap & Peggy set and it’s just fantastic. Cap is nearly perfect, the only issue I have is the armband things on the classic shield are just a bit tight and took some work to get on. Peggy looks pretty good. Kinda wish it was one of her Agent Carter outfits, but the military uniform is just as good.

Just gotta track down one of those Red Skulls now. It’s too bad we’ll probably never get the other Howling Commandos.

I'd love a Peggy Carter figure, but I'm holding out just in case they make her in the iconic blue dress and red hat from Agent Carter, or that alternate universe Captain America costume she wore in the Exiles comic and some video game, with the tie and the jodhpurs. I think that's one of the coolest costume designs I've ever seen. It reminded me of Reuben Flagg and the Plexus Rangers from American Flagg.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'd love a Peggy Carter figure, but I'm holding out just in case they make her in the iconic blue dress and red hat from Agent Carter, or that alternate universe Captain America costume she wore in the Exiles comic and some video game, with the tie and the jodhpurs. I think that's one of the coolest costume designs I've ever seen. It reminded me of Reuben Flagg and the Plexus Rangers from American Flagg.

That’s a great costume, yeah, and I’d buy it in a heartbeat. I really hope her costume design in the upcoming What If show takes cues from it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Got lucky this weekend and managed to find a black series shock trooper and the commander fox that just came out. Long term I think all I need for an officer collection is Cody, Rex, and wolffe.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kingtheninja posted:

Got lucky this weekend and managed to find a black series shock trooper and the commander fox that just came out. Long term I think all I need for an officer collection is Cody, Rex, and wolffe.

Rex has been popping up at discount places like Ross, Ollie’s, and Five Below. You might check one of those if they’re in your area.

I haven’t seen a Fox anywhere near me. He and Cody are the only Clone Commanders I’m missing.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I had a find a gamestop a ways outside Chicago that had him. I've seen Rex at a good price online (as opposed to wolffe and Cody) but drat does the hascon Rex look so much better. Might have to spring for that version.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Does anyone have the Mezco 1:12 Ghostbusters 4-pack? I never see anyone talk about it. It looks tempting as I missed out on the DST figures.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kingtheninja posted:

I had a find a gamestop a ways outside Chicago that had him. I've seen Rex at a good price online (as opposed to wolffe and Cody) but drat does the hascon Rex look so much better. Might have to spring for that version.

Yeah the con exclusive versions of Rex and Thrawn look great. The upcoming con version of Yavin Luke doesn’t look bad either.

I’m almost certain Cody will eventually see an Archive rerelease at some point, so I haven’t resorted to buying one off eBay just yet.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rex has been popping up at discount places like Ross, Ollie’s, and Five Below. You might check one of those if they’re in your area.

I haven’t seen a Fox anywhere near me. He and Cody are the only Clone Commanders I’m missing.

It makes me sad the con version of Rex isn't particularly desirable.

Anyone have a pic of the Luke? I've given up on SHF and Mafex getting to work on more figures.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Does anyone have experience with selling your figures to your local comic shop?

I'm planning on downsizing my S.H. Figuarts Dragon Ball collection in a huge way (over 40 figures), and the plan was to use SA Mart/Facebook groups first since there's no fees, but that obviously involves shipping and buying boxes. So I was wondering if my LCS (it's a huge place that generally has a great reputation and has been around for nearly 30 years) might be viable as a way to avoid a dozen or more trips to the post office.

Obviously none of you can tell me exactly what prices they'll quote me, but I'm wondering if I can make more or less the same amount selling it to them without the hassle of the post office. I figure they'll (hopefully) offer me what I would charge minus shipping costs.

Is this plausible or are they going to screw me over?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They need to make money. Expect them to offer less than 50% of market value. If you're lucky.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rhyno posted:

They need to make money. Expect them to offer less than 50% of market value. If you're lucky.

Yeesh.

On the one hand, :effort:, on the other :10bux:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nanigans posted:

Is this plausible or are they going to screw me over?

LCS or 2nd hand stores are in the business to make money so buying your figures for the same price you paid for them isn’t going to happen. Also, it’s fully dependent on if you want cash or store credit (you’ll likely get more in credit), and whether they can even sell it or if the figure will sit on the shelf taking up space for months.

Definitely try to sell them online first and make sure you know shipping costs in advance.

efb

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I knew fully well I wasn't going to get what I paid for them. I drew up a spreadsheet and marked each figure with the prices I saw for recently sold (used) ones on eBay, and then subtracted $5-6 for what the seller would have to pay to eBay. I felt this was a pretty fair way to price them, since hey, the buyer would get them cheaper than eBay.

My hope was the LCS would give me $5-6 less than what I had planned to sell them for, which would be fine since I wouldn't have to pay shipping.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

only sell toys to the comic shop if A: you want store credit or B: you just want the toys out of your house.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Gripweed posted:

only sell toys to the comic shop if A: you want store credit or B: you just want the toys out of your house.

Gotcha. I really do mostly want B, but I also don't want to get completely screwed over. I guess I'm gonna get to know the post office people real well soon enough.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I've been liquidating a lot of my collection over the past year too. I learned that if you market your figure for about 10-20% below average selling price on ebay, and actively willing to make a deal, you can make decent money on it fast. Buying boxes is probably the hardest part since ebay prints shipping labels. It's worth it to invest in a small kitchen scale to get accurate weights too. I'm a little lucky because there's a specialty box store like a mile away from me but definitely get a good idea of the size of boxes you need and buy a few so you're ready to ship asap.

We've also had some luck and reasonable attention sending our older stock (stuff that doesn't sell through in like a month) to like mercari, which has been a lot less hassle than ebay at times.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
eBay seller fees suck rear end tho

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
eBay seller fees (9% of final value) will still cost you less than an LCS offering 40% of what they’re worth (at best).

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

eBay seller fees (9% of final value) will still cost you less than an LCS offering 40% of what they’re worth (at best).

For sure. But Facebook groups or SA Mart doesn’t have seller fees either and with the FB groups you can target a specific and interested buyer base. I already knew that was the best solution, but I’m lazy and if the LCS shop wasn’t too much worse, I would’ve done it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
SA Mart might honestly lowball you worse than the LCS and FB Groups take ages to sell poo poo because people will reply with interest and then ghost you when you try to finalize the deal, but that’s just my take and obviously YMMV :shrug:

I usually just sell my stuff on eBay for 10-15% under market value and I can only recall one instance in the last 12 years where Ebay didn’t back me up as a seller. It can suck as a buyer but they’ve gotten a lot better at protecting sellers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

RevKrule posted:

I've been liquidating a lot of my collection over the past year too. I learned that if you market your figure for about 10-20% below average selling price on ebay, and actively willing to make a deal, you can make decent money on it fast. Buying boxes is probably the hardest part since ebay prints shipping labels. It's worth it to invest in a small kitchen scale to get accurate weights too. I'm a little lucky because there's a specialty box store like a mile away from me but definitely get a good idea of the size of boxes you need and buy a few so you're ready to ship asap.

We've also had some luck and reasonable attention sending our older stock (stuff that doesn't sell through in like a month) to like mercari, which has been a lot less hassle than ebay at times.

I just repurpose all those loving boxes Amazon sends me.