Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I like Sanhok and Erangel and don't particularly like Vikendi or Miramar.

Miramar is too barren and Vikendi is too white and too laggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The Mash posted:

I like Sanhok and Erangel and don't particularly like Vikendi or Miramar.

Miramar is too barren and Vikendi is too white and too laggy.

Night time Vikendi plays really really smooth. And doesn't have the snow particle effects. Flash hiders actually become a useful option which is nice.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
night time vikendi loving sucks because it's loud as hell

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Thom P. Tiers posted:

night time vikendi loving sucks because it's loud as hell

We insta leave night vikendi because of that wind.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Anyone else playing last night have massive lag/packet loss/whatever?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Shooting Blanks posted:

Anyone else playing last night have massive lag/packet loss/whatever?

We were playing on test servers and had constant lag spikes/packet loss. Sometimes it would be just one of us. Sometimes all of us would get it at the same time.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fletcher posted:

We were playing on test servers and had constant lag spikes/packet loss. Sometimes it would be just one of us. Sometimes all of us would get it at the same time.

Test server that's sort of normal since they aren't as spread out over the planet like the normal servers are. So the ping is all over the place.

I'm just salty the console version of pubg has their NA servers in Texas, while Pc servers are only in Ohio. :argh:

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

one more cars only vid ""for the road""

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

amazing

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Wow people who play tpp are terrible at avoiding cars. This owns though.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

this was beautiful dude, you should put on youtube too

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Tokubetsu posted:

this was beautiful dude, you should put on youtube too

that was the plan, but the first song is blocked everywhere 😑

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Blowdryer posted:

Wow people who play tpp are terrible at avoiding cars. This owns though.

Also terrible at shooting the driver while the car barrels towards two of them at the same time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

You need to honk more. Good stuff there, but dayum TPP people are bad at not being run over.

In a similar vein, here's a couple BRDM vehicular homicides.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillySpoopyBibimbapPJSalt

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Why Vimeo and not YouTube?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How long ago was this? I recognize old erangel. The cars after the last few updates drive like oil on water when it's on dirt and grass.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
edit: wrong thread

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Jiro posted:

How long ago was this? I recognize old erangel. The cars after the last few updates drive like oil on water when it's on dirt and grass.

the footage is from december 2018 through july 2019, so all before new erangel went live. new erangel was a little worse for driving (mostly from new doodads in places like prison and mylta power) but we still got stuff done. we stopped playing when they took map select out

Star Man posted:

Why Vimeo and not YouTube?

i wanted to put it on youtube like the rest of em, but as i mentioned in my last post, the first song is blocked from playback on youtube. it didn't show up in the youtube licensing search tool so i made the whole video and uploaded it before finding out...

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Most people in third person don’t ADS they use hold to aim. Of course they can’t hit anything.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

uniball posted:

the footage is from december 2018 through july 2019, so all before new erangel went live. new erangel was a little worse for driving (mostly from new doodads in places like prison and mylta power) but we still got stuff done. we stopped playing when they took map select out

i wanted to put it on youtube like the rest of em, but as i mentioned in my last post, the first song is blocked from playback on youtube. it didn't show up in the youtube licensing search tool so i made the whole video and uploaded it before finding out...

That's pretty much what happened with my squad of cars-only people. No map select means you spend 30 minutes leaving and rejoining before you get Erangel. And then there's always that one guy on the team who lands somewhere hot and gets iced in the first three minutes (while yelling at you that you should be helping even though you're in Komeshki and he's in Ferry Pier).

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Imagine forcing people to play Mirimar

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'd much rather play miramar than vikendi at this point

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Red Red Blue posted:

I'd much rather play miramar than vikendi at this point

Agreed, except for the mp5k that gun is a beast and super fun to use. And what's up with the initial placement of Vikendi circles they feel like they always go as far as they can.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 21, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jiro posted:

Agreed, except for the mp5k that gun is a beast and super fun to use. And what's up with the initial placement of Vikendi circles they feel like they always go as far as they can away.

Yeah the first Vikendi circle is like half water for some reason.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Because reddit was complaining about Vikendi circles being too mild so that's what we ended up with.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

kiwid posted:

Because reddit was complaining about Vikendi circles being too mild so that's what we ended up with.

Bluehole is just so bad at adjusting things. Not enough snipers on Vikendi? Okay, here's more bolt-actions than spawn on the other three maps combined!

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
yeah 700% increase was insane

also they were pushing vikendi as being the smg map for some reason werent they lol

even still, I enjoy vikendi

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

what do you gotta smoke to think the map with a billion buildings and a bunch of wide open killzones between them is suitable for promoting smg usage

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Bluehole got lucky on Erangel map design. Seriously lucky.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

TBF pretty much every popular multiplayer FPS got there on pure luck

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

yeah 700% increase was insane

also they were pushing vikendi as being the smg map for some reason werent they lol

even still, I enjoy vikendi

It makes way more sense since they added damage multipliers to smgs and made the vector/mp5k loving lasers that just spew bullets. But yeah Vikendi is the reason I was forced to get decent with the M24, I'll drop that poo poo like the plague if I can find an SLR or SKS tho.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

i love how they added the MP5K to Vikendi only, then removed the Vector from Vikendi, but kept the Uzi. What, is 3 SMGs that use 9mm too many, but 2 is just right?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hellsau posted:

i love how they added the MP5K to Vikendi only, then removed the Vector from Vikendi, but kept the Uzi. What, is 3 SMGs that use 9mm too many, but 2 is just right?

They basically have the same philosophy with the SCAR-L, on Erangel and Miramar, QBZ on Sanhok, G36C on Vikendi. It's two for, ARs, SMGs. MP5k and Vector need all the same parts to make them viable guns. Only the MP5 can use two more grips, and fires a hair slower.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I've noticed a lot of whining going on reddit where they want all guns on all maps. What is your guys opinion on this? Personally I don't think it would go over well because it would make it harder to find the guns you want.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

kiwid posted:

I've noticed a lot of whining going on reddit where they want all guns on all maps. What is your guys opinion on this? Personally I don't think it would go over well because it would make it harder to find the guns you want.

Reddit just sucks. They all want Sanhok level loot if they're not outright asking to land fully kitted. I think the scarcity aspect of it is part of the game, and you shouldn't be able to get your exact preferred weapon within 1 minute of landing every time. I like having variety between the maps and I think it'd be great to expand on the "gold mirado" type of ideas.

Now, I wish they'd make more of the guns viable. Adding the scope to the winny is a step in the right direction. Being able to toss things is going to make the machete/crowbar/etc more useful.

That and you should be able to requeue without going back to the lobby, especially on console. That extra loading time sucks.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

VulgarandStupid posted:

Erangel and the gun play was near perfect from the start imo. It's what allowed the game to be so janky for so long.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

What’s the point of these changes for non-top tier guns?

As long as the M4 and KAR are on all maps then none of the rest of them really matter. I guess the Vector is kind of top tier though, but no one cares when you can or can’t have a rhino or nagant.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I've always wanted pistols to be cs:go style. An almost instant switch from your main gun to fire, super accurate from the hip and strafe position, with a nice crosshair and did great damage to the head. It would probably be worth carrying one if that were the case.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FunOne posted:

Reddit just sucks. They all want Sanhok level loot if they're not outright asking to land fully kitted. I think the scarcity aspect of it is part of the game, and you shouldn't be able to get your exact preferred weapon within 1 minute of landing every time. I like having variety between the maps and I think it'd be great to expand on the "gold mirado" type of ideas.

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine almost exactly like this, where he was saying that your playstyle should eventually give you slight buffs to what you do more of, you tend to be a pack rat give a slight buff to hold more poo poo, explore the map more, slight increase to luck in finding the more rare loot, win a chicken dinner, keep the gear and armor you won with for next map.

I was like are you crazy? The whole point is everyone starts off equal, the player base is already experienced enough that there are rarely new people playing the game to be encountered regularly. Adding stat buffs that are permanent with no downsides would break each map and force meta to be played one way eventually just making the game incredibly boring. He was basically trying to justify putting in COD and or Fallout BR perks and stats into it.

Also the M4 isn't the end all be all anymore. Damage on it kinda really sucks, it fires like a laser when fully attached, but to me there are better options if you can just come across an AR Comp and pretty much any grip. The Beryl has been awesome for me as far as damage output and firing rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Jiro posted:

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine almost exactly like this, where he was saying that your playstyle should eventually give you slight buffs to what you do more of, you tend to be a pack rat give a slight buff to hold more poo poo, explore the map more, slight increase to luck in finding the more rare loot, win a chicken dinner, keep the gear and armor you won with for next map.

I was like are you crazy? The whole point is everyone starts off equal, the player base is already experienced enough that there are rarely new people playing the game to be encountered regularly. Adding stat buffs that are permanent with no downsides would break each map and force meta to be played one way eventually just making the game incredibly boring. He was basically trying to justify putting in COD and or Fallout BR perks and stats into it.

Also the M4 isn't the end all be all anymore. Damage on it kinda really sucks, it fires like a laser when fully attached, but to me there are better options if you can just come across an AR Comp and pretty much any grip. The Beryl has been awesome for me as far as damage output and firing rate.

Yeah your friend has terrible ideas

Sure the Beryl packs a punch but controlling the spray is way harder than it is with the M4