Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
With a side of Thompson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Haha, Jared Leto is such a whiny rear end in a top hat.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/youve-got-stop-jared-leto-fumed-new-joker-movie-1247699

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's got to be pretty humiliating being the only live-action version of the character nobody gives a poo poo about.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
All that work and he just looks like Pete Davidson after a bad night.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

GOOD.

ImpAtom posted:

It's got to be pretty humiliating being the only live-action version of the character nobody gives a poo poo about.
Everyone I have asked in rl has told me they hated Leto (but loved the hell out of Margot).

FilthyImp posted:

All that work and he just looks like Pete Davidson after a bad night.

They nailed the Joker look when they made their Alex Ross' tribute, but then all went to poo poo when it got back to the "damaged" tattoos.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samovar posted:

Really? I was wanting Chris Hemsworth.

I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ImpAtom posted:

Every animated Joker except Brent Spiner is better than him, too. Even the Super Friends one.

Wait, maybe not this one...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lurdiak posted:

Every animated Joker except Brent Spiner is better than him, too. Even the Super Friends one.

Wait, maybe not this one...

I feel like Capoeira Rasta Juggalo Joker is a valid interpretation. I liked the chaotic way he fought.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samovar posted:

Really? I was wanting Chris Hemsworth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey we're getting a Bloodshot trailer tomorrow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Hey we're getting a Bloodshot trailer tomorrow.

I have a feeling that he's going to spend most of the movie looking like a normal guy and only go full white skin for a major set piece action scene.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I have a feeling that he's going to spend most of the movie looking like a normal guy and only go full white skin for a major set piece action scene.

Most likely. He'll probably shapeshift a few times.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

"Don't they UNDERSTAND I sent my castmates used condoms!? How could people universally turn their noses up at me!?"

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

If the only good thing that comes from Phoenix's movie is the death of Juggalo Joker, I'm fine with that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A backlash against juggalo culture would be nice too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sorry, juggalos are antifa theyre cool now

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

A backlash against juggalo culture would be nice too.

Juggalos are alright and Leto's Joker was clearly narco influenced

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody told me they were cool now.

My only shred of juggalo reality knowledge is that couple who's kid died and they put hatchet man's on the coffin.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've held a begrudging respect for juggalos after I found out they accidentally discovered a way to fool every facial recognition software through their facepaint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

I've held a begrudging respect for juggalos after I found out they accidentally discovered a way to fool every facial recognition software through their facepaint.

The HK protests would be weird as gently caress if everyone was down with the clown.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Hahahaha. Found on Instagram.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
release the leto cut

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

"Of course our software didn't work on him with all that makeup. It makes his face too grotesque and distorted to be considered human."
"Uh huh, and why didn't it work on any of the black people?"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wonder what New Hollywood director is going to give their take on the MCU now that Coopla has given his take on it.

That and at least nothing in the MCU is the quality of Jack

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 20, 2019

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Isn't Leto a method actor that did some strange poo poo in the run up to the Suicide Squad filming? I'm not sure how you could method the Joker and not get put in prison for life.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i guess if you want to call sending your costars used condoms, sex toys, and live rats in the mail method acting yeah sure

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

notthegoatseguy posted:

If the only good thing that comes from Phoenix's movie is the death of Juggalo Joker, I'm fine with that.

Literally saw a guy dressed as Leto Joker last night at the club. Without the jacket or anything, it really is the white trashiest Joker.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Leto started a cult

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

site posted:

i guess if you want to call sending your costars used condoms, sex toys, and live rats in the mail method acting yeah sure

That's what he did? It's worse than I thought.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

site posted:

release the leto cut

You say that, but when I watched the film, what struck me was how all the Joker and Harley stuff seemed like it was from it's own movie. Like they had shot about 40% of a Joker and Harley Quinn film, that it fell apart and they decided to use that footage as part of this thing.

So what I'm saying is that there could have been enough footage of Jared Leto Joker to do a film.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

The Question IRL posted:

You say that, but when I watched the film, what struck me was how all the Joker and Harley stuff seemed like it was from it's own movie. Like they had shot about 40% of a Joker and Harley Quinn film, that it fell apart and they decided to use that footage as part of this thing.

So what I'm saying is that there could have been enough footage of Jared Leto Joker to do a film.

Supposedly there is. I saw photos in this thread of Joker bitch slapping Harley so they were clearly going to show the abusive relationship and chickened out or whatever. I would actually like to see the Ayer cut (and the Snyder cut) just out of curiosity.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Hahahaha. Found on Instagram.

These people are aware he made a ton of money for this role right?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Beachcomber posted:

I feel like Capoeira Rasta Juggalo Joker is a valid interpretation. I liked the chaotic way he fought.

Agreed, I think The Batman gets way more poo poo than it deserves. It wasn't B:TAS, but it really wasn't trying to be either.

That said, I can't be too neutral on this, I wasn't allowed to watch B:TAS when I was young so The Batman was really the first superhero show I watched regularly*.

... man, Brent Spiner's Joker was so bad.

*Unless Jackie Chan Adventures counts, I watched the poo poo out of that. Probably part of the reason I like The Batman so much, actually.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Speaking of Batman cartoons. Diedrich Bader got to say “Hammers of Justice” in the new Jay and Silent Bob movie.

They played this video of Kevin Smith and Stan Lee during the credits. I almost cried at how legitimately funny these two were together.

https://youtu.be/X_jTUhT7zKI

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

release the leto cut

"Joker...

This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I can’t stop giggling at Coppola calling Marvel movies ‘disgusting’, what a silly world we live in.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Dan Didio posted:

I can’t stop giggling at Coppola calling Marvel movies ‘disgusting’, what a silly world we live in.

Mother fucker made Bram Stoker's Dracula for God's sake.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its been 22 years since Coppola had a major theatrical release. Nobody should be listening to anything he says about the current state of movies. Even his producing credits are pretty sparse.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not just that but his last major releases were real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That too, motherfucker made 3 good movies in a 50 year career.